Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Look. if you don't like the Texas law move down here , run for office and try to get the law changed....but I need to warn you wont win an election if you do.
I have no intention of moving down there thank you very much. My problem is that you people have no problem w/what this person did. Scary & weird & pretty accurate for how the degradation of this society has gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,402 times
Im sorry, two men were breaking the law, two men who had a criminal past. Who knows what they would have done in the house, clearly their intentions were not good. So a neighbor helps another, something we dont see now a days, I dont see anything wrong with defending prpoerty from criminals.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I have no intention of moving down there thank you very much. My problem is that you people have no problem w/what this person did. Scary & weird & pretty accurate for how the degradation of this society has gone.

Maybe had you come in here and not started off calling us redneck hicks we could understand your point a little better...But when you spit fire expect to have spit back at you..

Old 07-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Maybe had you come in here and not started off calling us redneck hicks we could understand your point a little better...But when you spit fire expect to have spit back at you..
Perhaps you didn't notice the OP??? Who started calling names? Wasn't me, I do believe that post calls the guy a yahoo. Go figure, I don't expect you to understand.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you didn't notice the OP??? Who started calling names? Wasn't me, I do believe that post calls the guy a yahoo. Go figure, I don't expect you to understand.
I went back and read your first post before I wrote that.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 AM

Here it is !
Quote:
Excuse me people, could you please replace your redneck stupid hat & put on your rational thinking hat? Did you not at least perhaps READ the article? How you can turn this into a political issue is simply beyond me, but this is a forum where no one has anything better to do than spout redneck rhetoric, so I really shouldn't be surprised. Back to my point, the point is some guy shot & killed 2 people who were robbing, not HIS house, but his neighbor's house...two people who weren't even armed, were not threatening him & were in fact not even facing him when he shot them. Where in his story-telling was there ever any threat to him? None, he said he felt threatened???? How I wonder? He's the hick w/the shotgun, both barrels blazing, this person has no logic & got away w/murder. But then again, it happened in Texas where idiocy is rewarded. Maybe all of you should move there??? Start your own little redneck nation, yeah? Interesting that you can even justify this idiotic actions, actually not interesting more like pathetic.

Here it is !

Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Here it is !

Here it is !
And??? I didn't say I didn't call anyone rednecks, what I SAID was that the original post includes calling someone a yahoo & wacko. So why don't you run along & start yelling at that guy.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Some people like to call others disparaging names on this board. Fortunately, hateful and obnoxious folks can be ignored.

Free speech and all that.

On the topic, I don't think using the word "yahoo" to describe someone in the news, is quite as obnoxious as telling people to replace their "redneck stupid hat" but for some folks that's the standard m.o.--especially when they're about to go on a rant that makes no sense.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
...and then they whine that you're not being fair: You criticized them but didn't criticize someone else.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
I guess if R.Kelly can get aquitted for peeing on a young girl, so should this guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies