Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

A lot of the last military work I did was Balkans related and I spent almost half a year living there. Most military either don't support wesley, don't know who he is, or don't care who he is. You would be extremely hard pressed to find a military person that knew of him and had something good to say about him. Most military support for him is usually from the younger ranks that never even served while he was in and know nothing of his history.. Even the people that live there don't care much for him. He was basically a weak dud and definitely not the person that needed to be there..

BTW, supporting someone based on a TV show they're on would be like saying obama had any qualification to take on anything military related...

Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
A lot of the last military work I did was Balkans related and I spent almost half a year living there. Most military either don't support wesley, don't know who he is, or don't care who he is. You would be extremely hard pressed to find a military person that knew of him and had something good to say about him. Most military support for him is usually from the younger ranks that never even served while he was in and know nothing of his history.. Even the people that live there don't care much for him. He was basically a weak dud and definitely not the person that needed to be there..
Funny... most military I knew in my arduous campaign overseas in the trenches of Okinawa or the DMZ in N. Chicago , didn't know much about anything in politics. So I guess life is but personal experiences; sometimes to easily confused and hastily generalized as fact.
Quote:
BTW, supporting someone based on a TV show they're on would be like saying obama had any qualification to take on anything military related...
I see you specialize in non-sequiturs as much as you do Political prowess. Tell me... who supports who based off a TV show. I'm dying to know!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
We are?! I thought we were talking about whether people care to hear Wesley Clark's thoughts on War and Politics (an inseparable couple). My point was they do based of his repeated news television appearances and prestigious tenure in the military. Your point is... we should listen to someone from Dancing With Stars? You don't make any sense I'm afraid, but nobody ever said that you did.
No it wasn't. You equated his TV appearances as the basis of credibility. I am amused by your verbal gymnastics to get out of your original point however.

Prestigious tenure? That's a new one to me. His collegues in NATO might have something to say about that. The man isn't warrior, he was always a politician.

The only reason Clark is getting air time is because Obama thinks this tool is going to be an asset for his campaign and that's the only reason.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
Quote:
My point was they do based of his repeated news television appearances
oprah is also on TV quite a bit and she's about as clueless about anything as they come...

BTW, looks likes obama had to toss poor wesley under the bus too... Obama disowns critique of McCain's military record - Road Runner
I will give him credit for throwing people away faster than any candidate in history..

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
Funny... most military I knew in my arduous campaign overseas in the trenches of Okinawa or the DMZ in N. Chicago , didn't know much about anything in politics. So I guess life is but personal experiences; sometimes to easily confused and hastily generalized as fact.

I see you specialize in non-sequiturs as much as you do Political prowess. Tell me... who supports who based off a TV show. I'm dying to know!
This guy is all giggles!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
Quote:
oprah is also on TV quite a bit and she's about as clueless about anything as they come...

BTW, looks likes obama had to toss poor wesley under the bus too... Obama disowns critique of McCain's military record - Road Runner
I will give him credit for throwing people away faster than any candidate in history..
If people Obama has known personally for decades turn out not to be who he thought they were, then its no surprise that Weasel didn't last long.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Obama's "disowning" was so weak that it was more of a shove into the street rather than being thrown under the bus......

Old 06-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
No it wasn't. You equated his TV appearances as the basis of credibility. I am amused by your verbal gymnastics to get out of your original point however.
Incorrect. Please try to keep up. You implied nobody cares what [Clark] thinks; I said people must, evident by his repeated returns to the news show. You see... there's this funny thing called ratings in the tv business. Ahh... nevermind. Please don't put words in my mouth in your futile effort to reshape the context of your silly retort.

Quote:
Prestigious tenure? That's a new one to me. His collegues in NATO might have something to say about that.
Please do tell (and provide relevant and credible citations)

Quote:
The man isn't warrior, he was always a politician.
Hold on... writing notes. 'If someone is a politician (as many Admirals/Generals no doubt are), they can't be honored'. Thanks for your useful insight

Quote:
The only reason Clark is getting air time is because Obama thinks this tool is going to be an asset for his campaign and that's the only reason.
O-B-A-M-A secretly controls the news waves. Do tell more. This is FASCINATING!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I thought they record was bestowed onto McCain and his Evangelical (pray or go to hell) backers... You faux-conservatives are an amusing bunch. Imagine if you actually had a conservative with the GOP nomination this year.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:56 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,693 times
Quote:
I thought they record was bestowed onto McCain and his Evangelical (pray or go to hell) backers... You faux-conservatives are an amusing bunch. Imagine if you actually had a conservative with the GOP nomination this year.
Haha you are a minion. You say faux. You are so cute.

Ans this

Who is going to help you more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies