Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That's because you spend all your time listening to only one side...it might explain many of your current biases.
I tried, I really did. But, there are just crazed with BDS and a deep, deep hatred colors their world view. Depressing listening to them. Funny they sound similar to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 08:18 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
What about Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Li (singing)?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 PM

329 posts, read 585,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
On my way home, I usually listen to Randi Rhodes, but she can be a little too much for me sometimes. If I'm ever in the car in the middle of the day, I like to listen to Thom Hartman, he seems like a very nice and smart guy. During the workday I listen to NPR because I don't get any AM stations.
Ugh. I feel your pain about NPR (I think its pain). Before I got Sirius at my shop, we listened to NPR ALL DAY LONG. Man, Diane Rehm was always fun (mainly because of the nasty jokes about her voice we'd tell). They really don't even try to do any sort of fair and balanced gig anymore though. Their shows, though dry, were usually very informative, but presentation is everything I guess. I honestly can't recall NPR trotting out anyone other than a dishrag, for an opposition view.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
What about Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Lionel, Li (singing)?
Lionel is way too cheesy for my tastes, he uses too many sound effects and wacky jokes

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Another great liberal host is Ray Taliaferro out of KGO (1-5 AM) in San Francisco. He's been on for years and pulls absolutely no punches. Here's a couple examples of his work:

YouTube - Ray Taliaferro - Directive 51 Dictator Bush

YouTube - Ray Taliaferro & Hostile Redneck Caller

YouTube - Ray Taliaferro - Lying Mccain

YouTube - Ray Taliaferro Crushes Palm Springs Jackass Caller

Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I tried, I really did. But, there are just crazed with BDS and a deep, deep hatred colors their world view. Depressing listening to them. Funny they sound similar to you.
I listen to Ed schultz, Thom Hartmann and Stephanie Miller and have NEVER heard one word of hate...critiques, opinions, facts, all of which SOME may not like but not one word of hate......maybe when you're wrapped in it it's all you hear......

Sunshinechick, who is Keith Obernun. ??????

Old 07-02-2008, 07:00 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
That's because you spend all your time listening to only one side...it might explain many of your current biases.
So when you're Conservative in your thinking, you're "biased"? And what shall we call Liberal thinking ..... hmmmm ....

Speaking of the Fairness Doctrine (I was), I wonder how that would affect NPR? Considering that is funded completely and totally by all our tax $$$ (i.e. not just Liberal's) it might be nice to see a little "fairness" over there.

Can't have it both ways, kids!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
So when you're Conservative in your thinking, you're "biased"? And what shall we call Liberal thinking ..... hmmmm ....

Speaking of the Fairness Doctrine (I was), I wonder how that would affect NPR? Considering that is funded completely and totally by all our tax $$$ (i.e. not just Liberal's) it might be nice to see a little "fairness" over there.

Can't have it both ways, kids!
Obviously you don't listen to NPR...just want to keep the chant up with no facts to back it up.
I listen to NPR and they have all sides , not just one side or the other side, but all sides. I think when a station uses facts and lays everyone's opinion out it just looks and sounds bad for neocons and Republicans and so they yell "BIAS!"

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyorr9 View Post
Ugh. I feel your pain about NPR (I think its pain). Before I got Sirius at my shop, we listened to NPR ALL DAY LONG. Man, Diane Rehm was always fun (mainly because of the nasty jokes about her voice we'd tell). They really don't even try to do any sort of fair and balanced gig anymore though. Their shows, though dry, were usually very informative, but presentation is everything I guess. I honestly can't recall NPR trotting out anyone other than a dishrag, for an opposition view.
Yes, I think I heard somewhere that it is similar to listening to cardboard.

I do like some of the stories, things that I would probably never hear on the regular news, but it certainly doesn't make the day go by very quickly.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
luv luv started this thread

50 posts, read 169,319 times
Thankfully someone created a thread about conservative radio hosts. Perhaps all the conservatives who've flooded this thread with their nasty opinions about liberal leaning hosts could go there and say something positive about conservative radio (if there is anything) rather than being negative about liberal radio. Can't you just listen to what you like and we listen to what we like? Or does that bother you too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies