Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If bisexuals are not given the right to marry a man AND a woman at the same time, then the government is saying that we are second class citizens....

If people are not given the right to marry their pets, then the government is saying that we are second class citizen....

If NAMBLA members are not given the right to marry pre-pubescent boys, then the government is saying that we are second class citizens....
Haha, that's all ya got! Always a sign of desperation, the "beastiality and pedophilia" slippery slope. Weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times
Quote:
If bisexuals are not given the right to marry a man AND a woman at the same time, then the government is saying that we are second class citizens....

If people are not given the right to marry their pets, then the government is saying that we are second class citizen....

If NAMBLA members are not given the right to marry pre-pubescent boys, then the government is saying that we are second class citizens....
Lame and very ignorant. Has nothing to do with adult loving couples.

Gimme a break.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:

I don't see any problem with polygamy, as long as all the parties are consenting. The problem with the other two is that the other party doesn't have the ability TO consent, therefore the argument is null. And ignorant.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM

21 posts, read 34,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Haha, that's all ya got! Always a sign of desperation, the "beastiality and pedophilia" slippery slope. Weak.
Yeah, that argument always cracks me up- "Well, if we allow gay marriage, then what's next? People will be able to marry their stereos and cats." Makes you wonder how some of those minds operate, doesn't it?

I hope she gets a huge settlement from that Hospital. I'd always heard that the correct paperwork would prevent this sort of nonsense- even then, I thought that no place would ever be mean spirited enough to try to prevent a person from being with their partner in a situation like that.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:07 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Really? You don't know the difference between consensual loving relationships of two adults and bestiality/pedophelia? That speaks VOLUMES about your character.
contrary to your belief there is no difference. It is all wrong. And your right it does speak VOLUMES about somones characture doesn't it.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:11 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
You guys need to keep more up to date with the news.

A bi-sexual has already filed a law suit to marry her girlfriend and boyfriend, and a woman has sued to marry her dog.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:15 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
You guys need to keep more up to date with the news.

A bi-sexual has already filed a law suit to marry her girlfriend and boyfriend, and a woman has sued to marry her dog.
------------

There was a woman over-seas who "married" a Dolphin .

Not sure if the Dolphin is still with her .

She seemed weird lol.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Forget 2008. Lets go back to 1958, when we as a nation had morals, decency, and the highest respect for the nuclear family and we were still one nation under God. And remember those times - things were actually going good for America in that era. We must have been doing something right! What people today call "progress" isn't progress at all.
Ah yes, the good old days of 1958... why don't you ask some elder Black citizens how wonderful the '50s were, and how they enjoyed segregation. Or let's talk to my 91 year-old Grandmother who wasn't allowed to attend college, but rather was forced into secretarial school - despite her high level of intelligence and competence, and her desire to be something more than a housewife.

Sorry, but I'll take our "progressive" 21st century values and morality over the pseudo values of the '50s (and prior) any day.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
If you want dignity and respect, you can start by putting some clothes on and stopping the public sex orgies you call "pride parades" and show America you really are normal, decent citizens.
Wow. I live in San Francisco, home of the largest and loudest gay community in the country (world?), and have NEVER seen a "sex orgy" in public... and I've attended quite a few Pride parades, which are much more civilized than you'd think. Gay people already are normal, decent citizens, which you'd realize if you bothered getting to know any of them. You probably do know many without recognizing it, since - gasp - they are just like anyone else outside of whom they date. Sad how the "bad apples" get all the press, huh?

P.S. I've lived with 2 (single) gay men over the last year, and they make me look wild in comparison - an exciting Friday night for them is a movie with me & our other roommate, and maybe a drink or two at a bar. Woohoo!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Lawsuit: Jackson Memorial barred lesbian from seeing dying partner -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

One of the most heart-breaking stories I've heard in a while. Gays are not trying to ruin marriage, they are trying to live their lives with dignity, and protect their loved ones. This is just sad for 2008. ::: Lost For Words :::

The video is really sad.

That is sad. My heart breaks for the issues that gay people deal with. However, it is no reason for marriage, and probably would not have helped this situation.

Everyone should have a living will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies