Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
What I meant about "giving them a chance." I meant giving the unborn baby a chance to live.
What was so suspicious about my post? You can slam me all you want, call me what you want. I'm a big girl now and can take it without calling you names back.
I just answered the original post in my honest opinion about whether abortion was right or wrong along with my experience to explain my reason why I think abortions are wrong.
I can't help it if you don't like my opinion. It's ok, I don't like yours, either. What's wrong with disagreeing on a subject? Subject to your name calling?
Just because I disagree with you, you call me names and say I am "suspicious", "holier than thou" "irrational lunatics" and crap like that. What's up with that? Im not sitting here calling you names! It would be nice to have an adult conversation. And you think it's a waste of YOUR time?
Abortion is not murder? Keep telling yourself that. You found your way to deal with it.
I wish I could rep you again. Congratulations for taking the name-calling so calmly and rationally. It's to your credit. It makes you look good and makes "them" look...not so good...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:33 PM

365 posts, read 692,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I wish I could rep you again. Congratulations for taking the name-calling so calmly and rationally. It's to your credit. It makes you look good and makes "them" look...not so good...
That's not my aim. Didn't really have one, either. Just wanted to put my nickels worth in here. Name calling is not my style.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Read my post above. This type of rational is cowardly and self-defeating.
Cowardly? Um, yeah. More like logical.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
That's not my aim. Didn't really have one, either. Just wanted to put my nickels worth in here. Name calling is not my style.
I know. I can tell.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Cowardly? Um, yeah. More like logical.

So you could care less if you never got a chance to live the life you lived?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
So you could care less if you never got a chance to live the life you lived?
How would I care, if I had never existed in the first place?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How would I care, if I had never existed in the first place?
Yep. If I never existed, I'd probably be up in Heaven.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
How so? Just because they don't share your philosophy on life doesn't mean they are "sad" just more accepting of the way things turn out.

Oh, ok. So you aren't overjoyed with the fact that you were at least given the chance to live. You sound impartial sorta like "Well, since I've been given life, I will take it but if it was never offered to me, I wouldn't miss it".

I view life as the chance to "get in the game" and do whatever I can to make myself a better person and have fun.

Now, this is going to shock you, but I'm not 100% against abortion. I hate it. I wish it was never utilized, but I know that I would support it in certain instances I guess. I just feel for the women who do decide to go through it, as they tend to get treated harshly, especially by many uber-Christians. I guess in this aspect I'm a "hate the sin, not the sinner" type of guy. I know women don't take the decision to abort lightly and it must be a terrible thing to weigh on their minds.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
What constitutes a "great life" to you? Have I had any Earth-shattering inventions that have saved thousands of lives?

I'm not sure, but you certainly have the chance to do so today if you haven't already. Isn't that refreshing?

To me that would be a GREAT LIFE. I have had a very "easy" life compared to many people on this Planet, as you probably have as well. I've worked hard and I was able to obtain a higher education which has afforded me the life I have. I enjoy life, but the truth is I am a scientist that looks at life a bit differently than you. I am a REALIST.

Sounds like you have some sort of remorse for achieving what you have so far in your life. Damn shame too. You shouldn't feel guilty. When you were handed your diploma, were you not proud? Happy? Aren't you greatful that you had the chance to accomplish those things? Don't you feel everyone should have a chance????

I value life greatly. I value all life on this planet, but again it comes down to your CRAZY HOGWASH LOGIC.

I can see you value life differently. That's ok. My point is, shouldn't everyone have a CHANCE to value life period???
Great life to me is simple; the opportunity to do things that make me a better person, the opportunity to experience things around the world, to meet people, to help people, and yes, to argue with people. Basically, a great life is where I have the basic means in which I can choose to use or not use them to accomplish things.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM

645 posts, read 909,529 times
Quote:
What I meant about "giving them a chance." I meant giving the unborn baby a chance to live.
What was so suspicious about my post?
That fact that your birth control continued to fail, the fact that you were using abortion AS YOUR BIRTH CONTROL, the fact that suddenly you saw the light, the fact that you yourself were adopted, therefore give the baby a chance...

Quote:
You can slam me all you want, call me what you want. I'm a big girl now and can take it without calling you names back.
Nobody called you names. If the kettle is black, call the kettle black.

Quote:
I just answered the original post in my honest opinion about whether abortion was right or wrong along with my experience to explain my reason why I think abortions are wrong.
Apparently when you were having the abortions you didn't think they were wrong. Not one, but two... suspicious.

Quote:
Abortion is not murder? Keep telling yourself that. You found your way to deal with it.
Abortion is not murder. The fetus is not breathing on its own. It cannot maintain homeostasis without the mother. If it were murder it wouldn't be legal would it. Most abortions are done in the first trimester, when the fetus is not viable outside the womb. Third trimester abortions are rare, and generally only preformed when the life of the mother is in jeopardy.

If you don't want to have any more abortions, good for you. But do not foist your morality or guilt on others. Whether a woman is 16 or 46, it is her body, and her right to have a safe, and legal abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies