U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,435,715 times

Advertisements

I just got this in an email.. I thought I would share it because I was quite impressed.

"I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *bleep* if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough... "

Last edited by Marka; 01-16-2007 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: per author's request
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 09:46 AM

985 posts, read 2,550,843 times
I am surprised Andy Rooney said all this!? What he wrote is just alot of common sense.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I am surprised Andy Rooney said all this!? What he wrote is just alot of common sense.
Common sense, yes..
But its true what he is saying. People throwing fits about someone saying this or not giving them that.
It's common sense that many MANY people don't have.. and that's sad.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 AM

504 posts, read 1,619,324 times
I tried to find where Andy Rooney said this but I couldn't, my research skills are not as good as some of us. Where is Gizmo?
I am not saying he did not, but I would be very surprised if he did.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I tried to find where Andy Rooney said this but I couldn't, my research skills are not as good as some of us. Where is Gizmo?
I am not saying he did not, but I would be very surprised if he did.
I actually looked on snopes.com and it said that it was not him that said it.
I just got it in an email and thought it was a good read. I don't really care who wrote it...
Sorry for the improper quotation... darn internet spoofs making me look a fool!

Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,465,817 times
You might want to ask a Moderator to edit out Mr. Rooney's name

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I actually looked on snopes.com and it said that it was not him that said it.
I just got it in an email and thought it was a good read. I don't really care who wrote it...
Sorry for the improper quotation... darn internet spoofs making me look a fool!

Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 AM

597 posts, read 1,786,344 times
Damn, that is refreshing to here. Rooney had seemed like he'd fallen' off his rocker a while ago, but I can't disagree with one word he said (if it was him? But either way). You know that 99% of native-born Americans agree with almost every word uttered in that statement. Why are we so afraid to admit it? I think political correctness needs to see itself out and we need make room for common sense back in our lives...God help us!

Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
You might want to ask a Moderator to edit out Mr. Rooney's name
I pmed Markablue.
I am a tad slow today..

Old 01-16-2007, 11:53 AM

8,706 posts, read 3,501,618 times
Done .

Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Damn, that is refreshing to here. Rooney had seemed like he'd fallen' off his rocker a while ago, but I can't disagree with one word he said (if it was him? But either way). You know that 99% of native-born Americans agree with almost every word uttered in that statement. Why are we so afraid to admit it? I think political correctness needs to see itself out and we need make room for common sense back in our lives...God help us!
I'm certainly not in that 99%... and I don't give a patooty about being PC, as all my "real-life" friends know. Considerate and respectful, yes, but I form my own opinions regardless of Political Correctness.

Oh, and here's the article from Snopes, which shows Andy Rooney didn't say this: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies