Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times

Advertisements

I honestly have not got a problem with gays/lesbians being parents. I can explain that to my child (I've already done it as he has a friend with lesbian parents and they are friends of mine). This, however, is one messed up situation. That child is going to be messed up in the head trying to explain that his "dad" gave birth to him or will (s)he be 'mom' since she gave birth. See, it's too much for me and not much perplexes me anymore! Poor child. Even if it's loved and all that, it's still messed up. And if it has ovaries, it's a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Please tell me how you explained to your child why his friend has two mommies.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Please tell me how you explained to your child why his friend has two mommies.
I told him that there are different types of families. Some are like ours with a mom and dad, some have step moms and dads, and some have 2 moms or 2 dads. I told him that they love each other the same way that his dad and I do and wanted a child. He asked about the dad and I told him that he didn't have one he'll ever know b/c the doctor took care of that with a procedure. He was 6 at the time so he didn't ask many questions but he's asking more about everything lately (he's 8 and a half). I actually had to explain artificial insemination which was fun. The two are not together anymore but both are still involved so it won't go away. They'll grow up together and I never want him to be mean to C b/c of this. Kids cannot help the choices their parents make whatever they may be.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
I guess the explanation for the manchick's child would be similar then...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Not exactly. I can explain mixing something in a petrie dish. I cannot calmly explain how a "man" can have the same organs as a "woman". I would have no problem with the situation if (s)he had let the wife have the child. Why did (s)he have to do it other than for the attention????

Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
LOL, I just talked to a girl today from dallas, nc. I had no idea where it was before that! you probably get some suburban lesbians in your area. I think explaining someone with two moms or two dads is easier than someone with a mom and a manchick (as another called it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I told him that there are different types of families. Some are like ours with a mom and dad, some have step moms and dads, and some have 2 moms or 2 dads. I told him that they love each other the same way that his dad and I do and wanted a child. He asked about the dad and I told him that he didn't have one he'll ever know b/c the doctor took care of that with a procedure. He was 6 at the time so he didn't ask many questions but he's asking more about everything lately (he's 8 and a half). I actually had to explain artificial insemination which was fun. The two are not together anymore but both are still involved so it won't go away. They'll grow up together and I never want him to be mean to C b/c of this. Kids cannot help the choices their parents make whatever they may be.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:20 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I'm a man (a real one) . Can I give birth? Not that I'd want to.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
LOL, I just talked to a girl today from dallas, nc. I had no idea where it was before that! you probably get some suburban lesbians in your area. I think explaining someone with two moms or two dads is easier than someone with a mom and a manchick (as another called it).
Actually, one grew up in our little town and dated guys in high school to try to hide it (she is very pretty and very athletic) and the other grew up in a little town in SC and they met in college. I find most gays and lesbians I know believe in monogomy more than my heterosexual friends so I don't have an issue with it.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:21 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I guess that is the best way for them to understand... I don't think they know what a mutant is yet, but soon they will.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Quote:
Only to the extent where there are all types of families...one of which includes a woman and someone who used to be a woman-but-became-a-man-because-that's-really-what-her-gender-is...except for giving birth, he's a woman in that respect...

Messed UP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies