U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 12:42 AM

354 posts, read 761,894 times

Advertisements

How's it goin, TNlove?

Good to see you've joined us once again. And even better to see your viewpoints expressed as loud as ever.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 AM

28,185 posts, read 43,461,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
How's it goin, TNlove?

Good to see you've joined us once again. And even better to see your viewpoints expressed as loud as ever.
LMAO!! I was just thinking the same exact thing...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 PM

3,042 posts, read 7,940,832 times
yes caucasians have a culture just like black, asian, hispanic Americans--we all have an American culture

we also all have a subculture--caucasians have:

Italian
english
irish
german
czech
spanish
croatian
ukranian
belgian
portuguese
austrian
swiss
swedish
norwegian
russian
jewish
cultures

Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,895,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
How's it goin, TNlove?

I recognized LV Dude as TNlove too!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I recognized LV Dude as TNlove too!!!
Yeah, he/she has had a few different monikers... but they all have that same hatred buried underneath!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM

165 posts, read 281,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
yes caucasians have a culture just like black, asian, hispanic Americans--we all have an American culture

Italian
english
irish
german
czech
spanish
croatian
ukranian
belgian
portuguese
austrian
swiss
swedish
norwegian
russian
jewish
cultures
Jews are White?!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,465,817 times
I'm surprised Gizmo missed this one

Jewish is not a nation; Jewish is a religion. Jewish people can or could or might come from any of the countries you named; hence have different national cultures.

And yeh, they might not be white!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post

Italian
english
irish
german
czech
spanish
croatian
ukranian
belgian
portuguese
austrian
swiss
swedish
norwegian
russian
jewish
cultures

Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I'm surprised Gizmo missed this one

Jewish is not a nation; Jewish is a religion. Jewish people can or could or might come from any of the countries you named; hence have different national cultures.

And yeh, they might not be white!
Yup, you're absolutely right! Guess I just didn't read that post carefully, or decided not to respond (can't remember now). When I was in Israel, we met with a whole group of Ethiopian Jews, who were all of the black race... it was actually a little odd to see black people with yarmulkes, since that's unusual in our country - but it was very cool! However, Judaism is considered a "pseudo-race" of sorts, since we have a more cultural than religious base. But technically, no we're not an ethnic group. My ethnicity is mostly Polish and Ukrainian, or "Slavic" to be more general... I'm considered an Ashkenazi Jew, since we come from Eastern Europe, and Sephardic Jews are generally from Africa/Middle-East.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:46 PM

There is a huge Jewish community of people of colour (Black, mostly) in New York City. And, also a smaller one in Boston.

And in addition it has recently be determined that many Black Africans code Semitic in their DNA, and undoubtedly left someplace near or in Yemen and traveled by flat boat about 1000 years ago, I reckon.

And let's forget Sammie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yup, you're absolutely right! Guess I just didn't read that post carefully, or decided not to respond (can't remember now). When I was in Israel, we met with a whole group of Ethiopian Jews, who were all of the black race... it was actually a little odd to see black people with yarmulkes, since that's unusual in our country - but it was very cool! However, Judaism is considered a "pseudo-race" of sorts, since we have a more cultural than religious base. But technically, no we're not an ethnic group. My ethnicity is mostly Polish and Ukrainian, or "Slavic" to be more general...

Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM

And, gizmo, although to some extent Jewish people have a culture in this country, I don't get the pseudo-race concept. Can you enlighten this dumb, inarticulate person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies