Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Didn't the AmerIndians come from Asia? How are they any more entitled to the land than anyone else? If someone inhabits a land first, does that make them eternally entitled to it?
Siberia, actually, or at least that's the current belief in the scientific community.

However, this was approximately 10,000 years ago, during the last great ice age when the Bering Strait was covered over with ice (again, according to science--I wasn't there...the crow's feet under my eyes just make me look as if I was). Ten thousand years pretty much constitutes squatter's rights to me.

It doesn't make them any more "entitled," perhaps, but at the same time I believe the gist of the argument here is that we can't call ourselves "rightful" owners either--just the victors, and we can't say that's forever. This country is not very old.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:02 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,072 times
Quote:
I can see that he was a geologist/computer scientist who created a specific supercomputer, but what does that have to do with the internet? Besides a CNN special on influential blacks, who recognizes him as a "Father of the Internet"? What was his role in the development of the internet, exactly? That article is boosterish and tells me very, very little.
.practical applications of creating a system that allowed multiple computers to communicate.

aka the internet

To the topic, where is there not white culture in America. We speak english, have european styled homes, Whiteness is the "standard" for what is considered attractive. In school I'm taught that the first President of the U.S. was white(not true) all the founding fathers were white, the greatest philosophers, inventors,captains of industry, all white and no other race of people had anything to do with anything in the making of this country.

Watching tv going to the movies? 99.9% leading men, white. stars of tv series, white. Owners of proffesional sports teams, white, CEO,CFO,PRES,VP 99%,white.

This list could go on forever, no other people in this country see any accomplishments in any field or endeavor unless white faces are splashed across the media and told these are the people who make our lives possible.

We even see Jesus christ as a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes, I'm not certain too many people fitting that description inhabited the middle east and africa 2000 years ago.

We see Moses played by Charleton Heston and the Pharaohs all white men, Cleopatra played by a white woman, even shakespeare's black charactors are unacceptable to be truely portrayed as black, so now Aaron, Othelleo, and the Prince of Morrocco are all portrayed as white men.

There is no area of american society that does not celebrate the "White Culture" and rewards that culture accordingly.

Last edited by reconmark; 04-24-2007 at 02:50 PM..

Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Didn't the AmerIndians come from Asia? How are they any more entitled to the land than anyone else? If someone inhabits a land first, does that make them eternally entitled to it?
Anonymous, I am glad you asked that question. Kindly step over to the window called Immigration Forum and tell me what you see. Two fleas arguing over who's dog it is. We all belong to Mother Earth. There is an old song the Native American warriors use to sing called the Death Song. It was sung at the time of his death.

Paraphrasing and edited: "Only the mountains, grass and trees last forever. We all must die."

History teaches us all great cultures die.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:47 AM

394 posts, read 1,006,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Okay guys, I have a new controversial topic I'd like to discuss. We hear a lot about 'black culture', 'latino culture', and 'asian culture' in this country and how it needs to be preserved and respected. My question is, do you believe there is a 'white culture' in this country? If so, should it be 'preserved and respected' equally to those mentioned--why or why not? I'm curious to hear opinions on the topic.
no kdizzle that wouldn't be politically correct.... as a matter of fact i don't even think it's legal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies