Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM

95 posts, read 59,731 times

Advertisements

Bill Maher astutely and plainly tells it like it is, and as it should be:

YouTube - Bill Maher - Gay Marriage commentary [near Christmas 2003]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 11:09 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,999,397 times
I love Bill Maher!

Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
I love Bill Maher!
Me too (usually)! And I love this clip. It's so incredibly true.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:21 PM

500 posts, read 907,534 times
love between two consenting adults is a horrible thing

Old 07-06-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
love between two consenting adults is a horrible thing
I guess love between some consenting adults is a horrible thing. Because... love is not equal ().

Old 07-06-2008, 11:41 PM

153 posts, read 564,288 times
Marriage in general is a Christian institution. Why does anyone, straight or gay and non-christian, want to get married? I think gays should just stick to cruising bars and parks.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,342,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
Marriage in general is a Christian institution. Why does anyone, straight or gay and non-christian, want to get married? I think gays should just stick to cruising bars and parks.
Where do you get things like that? Do you hear them and assume thats the fact?

Marriage is NOT, never has been a "christian institution", it has existed in the past between same sex couples as well.

And there you go, you think because someone is involved in a same sex relationship that automatically means they are promiscuous?? Thats not reality either, thats a fiction MADE up by some to make it seem morally wrong to be gay.

There is no more promiscuity going on in the gay community then in the straight community.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,453,236 times
Quote:
What an odd comment coming from someone with the name of Wanderlusting. You are kidding your self if you think marriage is a christian institution in general. People of other religions and those with no religion have been getting married for long before christianity even appeared on the scene. You are wrong and making a generalization saying that gays should just stick to cruising bars and parks. In many instances it is straight men cruising parks and bars for action and public restrooms too.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,492,275 times
Quote:
WHAT????? People have been getting married since before christianity.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:48 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,260,526 times
Quote:
No, it's not.

Christianity is a relative minority religion when viewed globally. World-wide, Christians are only about 32% of the population. In the US and Canada, 75&. Still, amazingly, we see marriages occurring all across the globe, OUTSIDE of Christianity.

Shocking, I know... at least for those who grow up thinking the US is the center of universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies