Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
In the United Kingdom they are considering instituting Sharia law because of their enormous Muslim population.

Can any of us imagine that here in the US?

Have any of us imagined many of the things that have happened in the last decade here in the US?

We are next. Get used to this behavior. We welcome it by being so very tolerant and celebrating diversity at the expense of our American culture.

So phooey on you people and your "Americans are so closed minded". Phooey on that.

We're Americans and we have done things a certain way for a long time. And God willing will continue to do them the same way without interference from a bunch of mamby pamby do-gooders who would sooner see our entire culture perish, than have some moronic country call us bigots.

Screw that.
Way to go, Chicken Little. Christians are, by large, the majority here in America. 85% of the population by my last check.

Islam is not taking over your precious world. You aren't going to have to wear a head covering and let only your face and hands show. Chill out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:11 PM

259 posts, read 789,239 times
[quote=Steve Hazzard;4364096]OK, we've seen these type of "honor killings" in Islamic countries and other culturally retarded places, now they're occurring in the good ol' USA! This is the kind of "cultural diversity' that we want to leave to future generations? A country can not survive should it's founding culture be permitted to be bastardized by immigrants who bring the worst of their culture into the US and then think that it's their "right" to practice the violence that's commonplace in their homeland! The USA will surely break apart like bread crumbs in the wind should this kind of cultural dilution be permitted to continue without intervention!

Oh this is not the first time dear. This happens more then you think. In Sweden where I am from it has happened a lot among Muslim familys. It is really sad. The Teen aged girl in the family that has lived her whole life in Sweden, is a Swedish citizen and goes to Swedish schools gets murdered by her own brothers and father because she is dating a Swedish boy.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,585,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT13 View Post
1) Please show to me how my post indicates my willingness to be governed by the laws of Sharia.

2) Please prove to me that the laws of Sharia will become the official laws of the country of the United States of America.
What if I didn't like being photographed with a beard, shouldn't I get a pass on photo ID because I might find it offense to my religious tenets? Would you give terrorists a pass because they certainly wouldn't want to photographed for any reason? Did you check out he link that I posted for you? If you did, then you know that Sharea Law forbids women to be photographed or seen in public without their faces covered.

Many Muslim enclaves in the US, Canada and Europe have adopted Sharea Law as their governing code which is fine with me as long as they don't make Sharea Law superior to the civil and secular laws of their respective countries.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:42 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,585,897 times
[quote=ktalley;4370891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
OK, we've seen these type of "honor killings" in Islamic countries and other culturally retarded places, now they're occurring in the good ol' USA! This is the kind of "cultural diversity' that we want to leave to future generations? A country can not survive should it's founding culture be permitted to be bastardized by immigrants who bring the worst of their culture into the US and then think that it's their "right" to practice the violence that's commonplace in their homeland! The USA will surely break apart like bread crumbs in the wind should this kind of cultural dilution be permitted to continue without intervention!

Oh this is not the first time dear. This happens more then you think. In Sweden where I am from it has happened a lot among Muslim familys. It is really sad. The Teen aged girl in the family that has lived her whole life in Sweden, is a Swedish citizen and goes to Swedish schools gets murdered by her own brothers and father because she is dating a Swedish boy.
Sad, very sad. But then again, the permissive nature of Swedish society and its desire to encompass all ethnicities is responsible for allowing these Islamic cultural practices to take hold and once the gates are opened, it as all but impossible to reverse direction.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:52 PM

583 posts, read 1,251,893 times
Quote:
What if I didn't like being photographed with a beard, shouldn't I get a pass on photo ID because I might find it offense to my religious tenets? Would you give terrorists a pass because they certainly wouldn't want to photographed for any reason?
Who would give anyone a pass because they don't want to be photographed? Have you seen anyone pass through security at the airport without showing your ID? Can you apply for a job, open a bank account, get a credit card, go to a college, drive a car without some sort of a picture ID? No. You can't do that and they can't do that either, nobody gives any 'identification free' passes to anyone especially in our times.

Quote:
Did you check out he link that I posted for you? If you did, then you know that Sharea Law forbids women to be photographed or seen in public without their faces covered.
I have no intention of living in the country governed by the laws of Sharia, I have no idea why you are suggesting I should familiarize myself with it in such depth. Sure, it's interesting from the educational perspective, but you are really insisting I should start preparing myself for a life in a society governed by the laws of Sharia. FYI, I am living in the country called United States of America, what country do you live in?

Quote:
Many Muslim enclaves in the US, Canada and Europe have adopted Sharea Law as their governing code which is fine with me as long as they don't make Sharea Law superior to the civil and secular laws of their respective countries.
Again, please prove to me that the United States of America WILL be governed by the laws of Sharia in my lifetime. I don't live in a Muslim enclave and have no desire to do so, but even such enclaves are still governed by the laws of the countries where they are situated. If a murder or rape happens in a Muslim enclave then there will be criminal investigation and appropriate punishment in accordance with the laws of the countries you are referring to. Nobody and no country allows its immigrants to practice their criminal laws, they are still subjects of the law of the country where they are immigrating to.

Have you heard of separation between church and state?

What makes you believe that
1) The principle of separation between church and state will be violated in the US and any religious law will become the governing law.
2) Muslim religious law will become the governing law even despite the fact that Islam is not the religion of majority of population in this country.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
OK, we've seen these type of "honor killings" in Islamic countries and other culturally retarded places, now they're occurring in the good ol' USA! This is the kind of "cultural diversity' that we want to leave to future generations? A country can not survive should it's founding culture be permitted to be bastardized by immigrants who bring the worst of their culture into the US and then think that it's their "right" to practice the violence that's commonplace in their homeland! The USA will surely break apart like bread crumbs in the wind should this kind of cultural dilution be permitted to continue without intervention!

FOXNews.com - Police Say Georgia Man Killed Own Daughter to Protect Family Honor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
This whole rant of yours is much ado about nothing. "Honor killings" are nothing new to the US, they have happened before and they will happen again. While that certainly should be alarming, people need to take a step back and consider a larger perspective.

Honor killings may thrive in some Muslim countries around the world largely because there is an environment that encourages it and approves of it. Oftentimes in these countries the perpetrators won't even be arrested for their actions because those actions are not even seen as being criminal. And in those instances where those who have committed "honor killings" are arrested, they are given little more than a slap on the wrist. So some of the posters on this thread need to understand that such a cultural environment that would sanction "honor killings" doesn't exist in America.

People should relax, this guy who killed his daughter is going to prison for the rest of his life, he may even get the death penalty, if Georgia has it. In the US, nobody's going to "high five" him for what he did or give him a pat on the back, the police officers and judges aren't going to shake his hand for a job well done. And I guarantee you that when those prisoners in whatever prison he ends up in, find out what he did to his own daughter it'll be open season on him.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
In the United Kingdom they are considering instituting Sharia law because of their enormous Muslim population.

Can any of us imagine that here in the US?

Have any of us imagined many of the things that have happened in the last decade here in the US?

We are next. Get used to this behavior. We welcome it by being so very tolerant and celebrating diversity at the expense of our American culture.

So phooey on you people and your "Americans are so closed minded". Phooey on that.

We're Americans and we have done things a certain way for a long time. And God willing will continue to do them the same way without interference from a bunch of mamby pamby do-gooders who would sooner see our entire culture perish, than have some moronic country call us bigots.

Screw that.

I agree-great post. Too bad many people have their heads in the sand about this and must resort to name calling. We in the USA only need to look at England to see what our future will be like unless we get a hold on this out of contol anything in the name of pcness and not offending. But then again the worst thing one can do in a pc world is to "offend" someone.

Nicolem

Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
i even doubt this will truly happen in england. it wont happen here. no need for such alarmism. its truly astounding what people beleive sometimes.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
His words might not be the BEST but sociology does have a ladder of sorts that cultures go through that show an evolution in their sophistication.

A society that kills their women because they are dating someone the family doesn't approve of is pretty LOW on the scale. A society that has to tell their people which hand to wipe their butt with, again is pretty low on the scale.

AND just to make a point, my sociology teacher was a Muslim from Africa.

People (anyone) who blindly follow their traditions to the point where they have the nerve to kill their own children and then say its because their god told them to, are people we don't need in our culture.
We also have plenty of people in our culture who blindly follow the writings of a fictional character, to the point of outright hatred & violence towards others. We call them christians. Let's get rid of them too!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
We also have plenty of people in our culture who blindly follow the writings of a fictional character, to the point of outright hatred & violence towards others. We call them christians. Let's get rid of them too!
Well I happen to agree with that as well. I am not a christian nor do I worship a made up character as you mention.
I don't think any one religious group should be gotten rid of but I do think they should not be allowed to dictate laws based on their religious beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies