Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A Georgia man will appear in court Monday on charges he killed his own daughter for disgracing the family.
Police said 54-year-old Chaudhry Rashad was so angered that his daughter, Sandela Kanwal, planned to divorce her arranged-marriage husband that Rashad killed her after a heated argument at the family's home, FOX News affiliate MyFoxAtlanta reported.
OK, we've seen these type of "honor killings" in Islamic countries and other culturally retarded places, now they're occurring in the good ol' USA! This is the kind of "cultural diversity' that we want to leave to future generations? A country can not survive should it's founding culture be permitted to be bastardized by immigrants who bring the worst of their culture into the US and then think that it's their "right" to practice the violence that's commonplace in their homeland! The USA will surely break apart like bread crumbs in the wind should this kind of cultural dilution be permitted to continue without intervention!

FOXNews.com - Police Say Georgia Man Killed Own Daughter to Protect Family Honor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:37 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times
Look, that's bigoted of you not to accept the diversity this man contributed to our multicultural society...who are we as a people to determine what is right or wrong... LOL

I agree Steve...when you move to a new culture/society you can keep some of your own culture but you need to assimilate.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
this thread should be merged with the other one on this subject. It's a hottie...

Old 07-07-2008, 12:57 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
OK, we've seen these type of "honor killings" in Islamic countries and other culturally retarded places, now they're occurring in the good ol' USA! This is the kind of "cultural diversity' that we want to leave to future generations? A country can not survive should it's founding culture be permitted to be bastardized by immigrants who bring the worst of their culture into the US and then think that it's their "right" to practice the violence that's commonplace in their homeland! The USA will surely break apart like bread crumbs in the wind should this kind of cultural dilution be permitted to continue without intervention!

FOXNews.com - Police Say Georgia Man Killed Own Daughter to Protect Family Honor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Poignant language aside....

remember the part where he got arrested?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,877 times
Don't think that's the kind of intervention he was referring to.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:08 PM

So then he's saying we need stricter immigration laws?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Look, that's bigoted of you not to accept the diversity this man contributed to our multicultural society...who are we as a people to determine what is right or wrong... LOL

I agree Steve...when you move to a new culture/society you can keep some of your own culture but you need to assimilate.
I have no problem with immigrants retaining their cultural identity in the US, after all, this is a county of immigrants, my grandparents came from Italy and Slovakia. They learned to read, write and speak English and kept the best of their cultural traditions. They merged their culture with their new American culture and successfully built a future for themselves and succeeding generations. Sadly, that is not he situation today, and "cultural diversity" is PC newspeak for telling immigrants that it's OK to retain their language, dress (Muslims, that's right, I strongly dislike Muslims/Islamics ), and if their culture involves sacrificing animals or killing family members for breaking with cultural honor traditions, well hey, it's "cultural diversity" and we wouldn't want to create any bad karma in the ethosphere!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:49 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
YES! We need stricter immigration laws. I think also that the laws of our country should be taught to all legally incoming immigrants if they aren't already taught. I know a woman who just legally immigrated here and I don't remember her saying they had to know this, just constitutional stuff. Murder and mutilation of any sort should be left behind and not allowed to happen here.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
I have no problem with immigrants retaining their cultural identity in the US, after all, this is a county of immigrants, my grandparents came from Italy and Slovakia. They learned to read, write and speak English and kept the best of their cultural traditions. They merged their culture with their new American culture and successfully built a future for themselves and succeeding generations. Sadly, that is not he situation today, and "cultural diversity" is PC newspeak for telling immigrants that it's OK to retain their language, dress (Muslims, that's right, I strongly dislike Muslims/Islamics ), and if their culture involves sacrificing animals or killing family members for breaking with cultural honor traditions, well hey, it's "cultural diversity" and we wouldn't want to create any bad karma in the ethosphere!
So you hate immigrants who wear "unamerican" clothes? That's not racist at all...

As for sacrificing animals... ever wear makeup?

MamaBee -- I guess I was right about the type of intervention: seems he DID miss the part about the guy getting arrested (bolded part).

Old 07-07-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
So then he's saying we need stricter immigration laws?
Immigration laws, what immigration laws? Oh, the reams of immigration laws that are already on the books that are rarely or selectively enforced when they benefit one interest group or another! Those immigration laws? Try "breaking" into Canada or Mexico and see where your sorry a** ends up, and it's not at the local Motel 6!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies