Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:58 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Not only was it just but our government was obligated to declare war on Iraq
Please explain (i) why it was just, and (ii) why we were obligated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,925 times
Go to post 1 and start there. Im tired of repeating myself

Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,268 times
War, huh, what is it good for?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Thats a load of crap the media has been feeding you for the last 6 years to sell advertising.

WMDs, LIAR, blah blah blah
Im not a rocket scientist,but Im not completely dumb either.I was a news junky,a political junky during that time more than I am now.I campaigned for Bush,that's how much I supported him.

The media has nothing to do with pressing WMD's and Lies,he and his administration made the case for Iraq based on 9-11.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:24 AM

The media has everything to do with delivering that information to you. You can believe it or not, I chose not

Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Before I go on,I believe the Gulf war was just,we were opposing a direct attack on a soverign nation,we had the U.N support,we were doing the right thing.The problem is we never went home after we did that war and that led to our terrorist situation today in part.

The media may play a part in propaganda but Bush went on TV and said himself after 9-11.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,683 times
Quote:
Go to post 1 and start there. Im tired of repeating myself
Sorry, I didn't see any posts pertaining to the first Gulf War in this thread.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Here, but ive also explained at length that I think it is a grave security concern for the US to ensure the free flow of oil out of the ME. Saddams attack on our ally,threatning posture in the region and torching hundres of oil wells proved to be enough of a threat that we had to take aggressive action. We were just in running him out of Kuwait and also to enforce the terms of surrender

Quote:
OK one more time for clairity. We invaded Iraq because their prime minister saddam huessein did not comply with the conditions of a surrender ending the Gulf war, A war we entered into justly to help our ally Kuwait.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:36 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,475 times
If the Iraqis invaded America and killed Bush, then said they would be staying for the next 100 years, how would YOU feel?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Access to a free oil market is a grave security concern for the USA.
Worth destroying a nation and killing the citizenry so that we can steal it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
we finish what we start that shouldnt have been started in the first place. Go us.
Exactly.

Quote:
Here we go, why go through all this again when I drove the point home with logic and reason last night.
Only to yourself, not to others participating in this discussion.

Quote:
I would think that any troop movements would be very sensitive and highly classified information
Ever read Stars & Stripes? Have you spent any time in the military?

Quote:
OK one more time for clairity. We invaded Iraq because their prime minister saddam huessein did not comply with the conditions of a surrender ending the Gulf war, A war we entered into justly to help our ally Kuwait.
Might want to do a little research there, the US gave Iraq the go ahead.

Quote:
Not only was it just but our government was obligated to declare war on Iraq
Did you miss the part that war was not declared, or that we invaded a sovereign country based on known lies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
War, huh, what is it good for?
Absolutely nothing! Say it again.

Quote:
The media has everything to do with delivering that information to you. You can believe it or not, I chose not
Seem to believe Faux news though.

Quote:
Here, but ive also explained at length that I think it is a grave security concern for the US to ensure the free flow of oil out of the ME. Saddams attack on our ally,threatning posture in the region and torching hundres of oil wells proved to be enough of a threat that we had to take aggressive action. We were just in running him out of Kuwait and also to enforce the terms of surrender
Why? It’s their oil, they can do what they want with it. We’re the biggest consumers in the world, that gives us the right to kill and pillage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies