Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

What does Lennox's post have to do with the OP?
Trying to divert the focus from his hatred of whores and sluts, I guess.
He's awfully young to have so much hatred and anger clouding his mind. Must be quite a jumble in there. Sounds like it's one big button being pushed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What does Lennox's post have to do with the OP?
Trying to divert the focus from his hatred of whores and sluts, I guess.
He's awfully young to have so much hatred and anger clouding his mind. Must be quite a jumble in there. Sounds like it's one big button being pushed.
His posts are just a mumbling of stupidity, they don't make sense anyway.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
In my notoriously liberal county...things I've notcied that are different from the rest of the country I've traveled in:

- some neighborhoods are not allowed to have visible clotheslines
- there is no smoking in any bar or restaurant....ANY

- any public pool, even at hotels and apartments, need a lifeguard on duty to open (b/c we have a lot of lawyers a lot of them transplants from NJ/NY...its cool for college kids who need a part time thats the only plus

- we are not allow to set off our own fireworks on July 4th

- we have a disproportionate amount of speed traps and speed cameras, many of them in obscene places like at the bottom of a huge hill

- supermarkets cannot carry beer or liquor
- a small water main break and hundreds of restaurants are ordered by law to close for a day

- we cannot have drive-thru liquor places (more "conservative" counties and states next to us do)

- in December, public libraries in theri displays can only include winter stuff but not Christmas trees or any Christmas or Hanukah stuff....we don't want to offend them Muslims and athiests do we?
I thought we were talking about pharmacists?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:20 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Katiana, then we got off topic and it became about whether liberals "hated freedom"...the birth control debate is only part of the liberal vs. conservative thing you know...

Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
The clotheslines thing is a neighborhood policy, not county.

They ban smoking because it infringes on the health and well-being of the non-smokers.

Go ahead and drown, then.

Fireworks are loud. I bet you've called the cops on a bunch of "rowdy whipper-snappers with their devil music" before.

Speeding is illegal for a reason; and if you can't control your speed down a hill, the brake pedal is the one to the left of the gas pedal.

Go ahead and get sick, then.

Public areas can't promote just one religion, duh, and it's simpler to promote none than try to promote all.
Okay, this is REALLY off topic but I have to address this thing about attacking me. Especially about the drowning thing, I think a "No Lifeguard On Duty, Swim At Own Risk" should suffice and I'm actually even down with having it in Spanish too since this is serious business. This rule actually causes a lot of pools to not open as much and people pay for more lifeguards through increased condo fees and hotel rates you know? Nothing against lifeguards, so many of my friends have done that over summers and loved it...but its only an example of how far liberals can get in terms of more and more regulations instead of just letting things be and just trust people to know whats best for themselves.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:05 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,207 times
Quote:
Okay, this is REALLY off topic but I have to address this thing about attacking me. Especially about the drowning thing, I think a "No Lifeguard On Duty, Swim At Own Risk" should suffice and I'm actually even down with having it in Spanish too since this is serious business. This rule actually causes a lot of pools to not open as much and people pay for more lifeguards through increased condo fees and hotel rates you know? Nothing against lifeguards, so many of my friends have done that over summers and loved it...but its only an example of how far liberals can get in terms of more and more regulations instead of just letting things be and just trust people to know whats best for themselves.
You have a problem with requiring lifeguards but then you have a problem with persons asserting their religious freedom to not have to expose themselves by wearing bathing suits in public pool areas? And you claim to be a conservative and want less government intrusion but don't want protection of religious freedom for persons who would violate their religion by wearing bathing suits. You need to get your thinking straight before you adopt positions. Opinions aren't required, you know.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Katiana, then we got off topic and it became about whether liberals "hated freedom"...the birth control debate is only part of the liberal vs. conservative thing you know...
The thread is about a pharmacist, not liberals vs conservatives. I have gotten infractions for being off-topic. If you want to discuss this other stuff, start another thread about say, the oppressiveness of requiring lifeguards at pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies