U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2007, 08:10 PM

137 posts, read 166,316 times

Advertisements

FFH,

When you get a moment, would you tell us what the meaning of the Second Amendment is. Why was it included in the Bill of Rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 08:17 PM

752 posts, read 596,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfaler View Post
Good to see that you are not prone to "drama"
No drama. It just started to seem like I was debating Huey Newton. Go take a read of the Black Panthers 10 point program, you'd probably find it inspiring Soul Brotha.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience hath shown that mankind are most disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpation, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."
-- Excerpt, Black Panther Party Ten Point Plan

Old 01-31-2007, 08:29 PM

919 posts, read 1,671,581 times
Default improvement

lets see 47,000 gun victims, lower than 130,000, I think that would be a good improvement. how about that INCREASE in the UK & australia? what would you call that? how out of control is it for 8million gun owners and ONLY 47,000 violent gun crimes? hm... thats .00005%. I know you want it to be zero but how many were Law abiding approved gun owners vs punks with illegal gun ownership. OK im sure some wife got mad at a cheating hubby an shot him. oops. no she ran him over with a registered car alot of good that was! FFh dont get us wrong, im sure I can count on your support on gun ownership, we just need to work on your fears of those ugly military looking ones. 50cals are loud but you should have seen the look on my grandsons face when he got to fire it a .22 isn't good enough now!

Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM

9,715 posts, read 12,979,330 times
Quote:
By far, the majority of Americans are not subjected to violent crimes and an extreme minority are ever subjected to violent crimes involving a firearm (let us not forget that these are acts of criminals, not the acts of the firearms).
BINGO! Which is why the majority of Americans don't need a firearm.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:34 PM

80million gun owners, majority not victims of crime. BULLSEYE!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 PM

9,715 posts, read 12,979,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
80million gun owners, majority not victims of crime. BULLSEYE!!!
That means there are 220 million non-gun owners.

I never realized that the non-gun owners outnumbered the gun owners. No wonder you guys are scared!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 PM

I think you added in the kids, we didnt. so majority rules you think? thats not how its done. if so then my six overrules yer one. lol

Old 02-01-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Let's look at it this way: if both sides were better armed, do you think fewer people would have died?

Yes, less people would have died.

The oppressors, the ones doing the killing had arms (and are of a lesser number), the oppressed, the ones getting killed had no arms (but greater numbers). I am sure the oppressed fought back, they just didn't have the proper tools

History bears out that when the oppressed are armed, even to a lesser degree than their oppressors, the "bad guys" wholesale slaughter is not possible. Even maniacal dictators understand that if you send your 1000 troops into a villiage to slaughter 300 people, he will loose several hundred of his men if the villiage has arms. He will be moderated in his agression, or eventually run out of men.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
BINGO! Which is why the majority of Americans don't need a firearm.
A majority of Americans never use an Emergency room either, should we get rid of them too?

Should it not be up to the indivdual to decide for themselves if they care to have a firearm or not, instead of up to the government?

Just because you have a Right does not mean that you MUST exercise it, just that it is your choice, not someone else's. When YOU decide not to own a firearm, that is your Right, when YOU decide who gets to own a firearm, that is oppression.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 AM

752 posts, read 596,231 times
Quote:
Yes, less people would have died.

The oppressors, the ones doing the killing had arms (and are of a lesser number), the oppressed, the ones getting killed had no arms (but greater numbers). I am sure the oppressed fought back, they just didn't have the proper tools

History bears out that when the oppressed are armed, even to a lesser degree than their oppressors, the "bad guys" wholesale slaughter is not possible. Even maniacal dictators understand that if you send your 1000 troops into a villiage to slaughter 300 people, he will loose several hundred of his men if the villiage has arms. He will be moderated in his agression, or eventually run out of men.
Explain that logic to the heavily armed citizenry of Sierra Leone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies