U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 07:37 PM

22 posts, read 27,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
That is creepy. At least your prosthetic manhood is always close at hand.

And don't think I didn't notice you tinkering with my words in the quoted section. Subtlety apparently isn't one of your strong points.
Ok relax
If you dont like the way our pro-gun states are move somewhere you feel safe and loved by all the peace loving hippies and pacifists.California is your best bet or New Jersey,Washington DC,New york,Illinoise,Massachussetts,Maryland,and Hawaii are all the most "safe" and "peacefull states in america" where all the bad guys hold hands with the good guys and sing kumbaya around a campfire.And if that not enough go north to canada or east to UK where you originated and feel extra safe there because they have registration there and or complete bans.Omg the drama
Why does it always lead to drama ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 PM

11,033 posts, read 18,126,097 times
some recent headlines from the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...C-new_15022007

Its not so much about firearms,a instrument used,its about the will of a criminal that will find a way to do what they do.

when people start having more respect for life both of others and their own then death by murder will end,sadly too many not only want to self destruct but want to take others along with them as seen by recent events.

When there is a criminal hell bent on hurting people and there will be those types for a long time to come,people should be able to defend themselves.

on a note,the war on drugs is a failure,my opinion is legalize it and violence will plummet along with overcrowded jails.But thats for another topic,debate and thread.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 PM

919 posts, read 1,669,239 times
FFH you seem able to find the DOJ report, Try the FBI web site. I admit I got the link from one of my right-wing gun nut sites. Didnt save it.Also check the DOJ site for there clarifiction stating that the 2nd IS an individuals right. I assume you dont think Im like some libs and make it up.
More important I would like to address ANYONE that thinks they have a right or legal reason to carry ANY loaded gun in a glove box or a loaded shotgun in the trunk. If the gun is not on you or Immediate reach its not legal. The glove box is not allowed, when its loaded. Good way to go to jail. AND NEVER, REPEAT, NEVER EVER leave it in the car!!! How stupid do you think that is. I swear some people should not own guns. Its tuff to drive across country with a weapon, but use your head, no try check out the laws; before you make all gun owners look stupid. Yes im mad, when we have people that want a reason to take guns away from us, dont help them.

Last edited by mark6052; 02-16-2007 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-16-2007, 10:34 AM

752 posts, read 594,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
FFH you seem able to find the DOJ report, Try the FBI web site. I admit I got the link from one of my right-wing gun nut sites.
Mark, you're balking.

Get that link for us please or say the words: "Hairdresser, you're right all the time!"

Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxx99 View Post
Ok relax
If you dont like the way our pro-gun states are move somewhere you feel safe and loved by all the peace loving hippies and pacifists.California is your best bet or New Jersey,Washington DC,New york,Illinoise,Massachussetts,Maryland,and Hawaii are all the most "safe" and "peacefull states in america" where all the bad guys hold hands with the good guys and sing kumbaya around a campfire.And if that not enough go north to canada or east to UK where you originated and feel extra safe there because they have registration there and or complete bans.Omg the drama
Why does it always lead to drama ?
I did move somewhere else. Thank God. I thought you'd noticed.

And actually I did originate from one of your pro-gun states, but apparently even that wasn't as bad as the place you go driving. Who'd have figured W. Texas was so much like Mad Max that you need a loaded piece in the glove compartment and a shotgun in the trunk just to get from point A to point B.

Sounds like a great place to raise a family. 8 years of law-and-order Republican stewardship, no doubt.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 02-16-2007 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
some recent headlines from the UK.

Its not so much about firearms,a instrument used,its about the will of a criminal that will find a way to do what they do.

when people start having more respect for life both of others and their own then death by murder will end,sadly too many not only want to self destruct but want to take others along with them as seen by recent events.

When there is a criminal hell bent on hurting people and there will be those types for a long time to come,people should be able to defend themselves.

on a note,the war on drugs is a failure,my opinion is legalize it and violence will plummet along with overcrowded jails.But thats for another topic,debate and thread.
The articles are spot on. I could tell you more about the state of law & order in the UK if you want to continue. But those articles contribute precious little to this discussion. You can pull out any article about a shooting in Britain, and that still won't tell you the whole story. Have you caught on to the significance that these crimes actually made national news in the UK? If every shooting in America made national press the dailies would be the size of a freaking phonebook.

Compared to the epidemic that you have in the States you'd be lucky to have Britain's gun problem.

The state of criminality in this country is more a result of lazy sentencing and an emphasis on rehabilitating criminals rather than punishing those who deserve it. Compound that with the Labour government's hard-on for ineffectual street cameras in place of actual cops walking a beat.

You could add all the guns on the street that you'd like and it still wouldn't change the fact that Britain needs more cops and has to start punishing criminals rather than treating them like wayward children.

What this country needs is a little Giuliani. And if you'll recall, he turned New York City from a cesspit of criminal mayhem to one of the safest cities in the world by adding cops, nailing scumbags & locking them up. You'll also note he didn't accomplish this by issuing concealed-carry permits or liberalizing NYC gun ordinances.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 02-16-2007 at 11:01 AM..

Old 02-16-2007, 02:28 PM

22 posts, read 27,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
I did move somewhere else. Thank God. I thought you'd noticed.

And actually I did originate from one of your pro-gun states, but apparently even that wasn't as bad as the place you go driving. Who'd have figured W. Texas was so much like Mad Max that you need a loaded piece in the glove compartment and a shotgun in the trunk just to get from point A to point B.

Sounds like a great place to raise a family. 8 years of law-and-order Republican stewardship, no doubt.
Going through the desert in the middle of nowhere yeah I think I need a good setup.For the police to get in the middle of the desert highway it would take an hour or more.I rather be overprepared than not prepared at all.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:12 PM

919 posts, read 1,669,239 times
FFH the link you want is FBI.GOV, the rest you can follow. Like I said Im not that good with this computer stuff. Besides you can lead a horse to water... One tidbit; out of 14400 murders, 9640 were by guns. yes thats horrible but thats life.Its not this 600,000 ayr garbage you so falsly state. Realize that guns are used to defend life 2.5 million times a year. 500,000 of those while away from home. thats 60 times more likely to defend themselves. The FBI reports Vermont is the 2nd lowest crime rate in the nation while near by DC is the highest crime rate. guess who doesnt allow CCW? Have you read the report conducted by the University of Chicago, for the National safety council? One Quick point was they concluded that allowing citizens to have CCW deters violent crime without increasing accidental deaths. Please look things up. Im not here to hold your hand, you learn by doing. Its to easy to ignor what someone else states. Try other than the I hate guns sites.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
FFH the link you want is FBI.GOV, the rest you can follow. Like I said Im not that good with this computer stuff. Besides you can lead a horse to water... One tidbit; out of 14400 murders, 9640 were by guns. yes thats horrible but thats life.Its not this 600,000 ayr garbage you so falsly state. Realize that guns are used to defend life 2.5 million times a year. 500,000 of those while away from home. thats 60 times more likely to defend themselves. The FBI reports Vermont is the 2nd lowest crime rate in the nation while near by DC is the highest crime rate. guess who doesnt allow CCW? Have you read the report conducted by the University of Chicago, for the National safety council? One Quick point was they concluded that allowing citizens to have CCW deters violent crime without increasing accidental deaths. Please look things up. Im not here to hold your hand, you learn by doing. Its to easy to ignor what someone else states. Try other than the I hate guns sites.
Too funny Mark. You can't even show a link, you just throw some numbers out and let them stick where they may. It's the responsibility of the *writer*, not the reader, to cite sources when using statistics to make a case, but I guess you're the exception. I provided my source, with links for all to see. It's not my responsibility to do your homework for you.

If you can't provide a simple link, why should we give credibility to any number you quote?

Let me recall, what was that you accused me of? "You don't pay attention" and "you don't answer the questions"?

Being wrong is one thing, being a hypocrite is another. At least admit to being one or the other, or cite your souces.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:57 AM

3,256 posts, read 4,914,906 times
I don't hunt, but have many friends who are hunters. I love going to their game fests. They help provide for their family and keep the wildlife, absent of major natural predators, healthier.

As the Constitution is ripped apart by liberal interpretations I have been giving serious thought to becoming a member of the NRA to show my support.

I have a friend in NH that if we were invaded his house is the first place I would flee with my family for protection.

God Bless America!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies