U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 AM

3,042 posts, read 7,957,146 times

Advertisements

amen amen Marky Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 12:59 PM

919 posts, read 1,672,111 times
Society has put a qualification on my gun ownership, no felons allowed. Registration is an infringement. The biggest hurdle you registration folks have to overcome are the people that want to take guns away completely. It has happened in other countries and I will not allow it to happen here. It Is a cornerstone of those that want to take them. Get them under control. If you believe the 2nd is my gaurentee to keep guns FFH then explain why so many think its not my personal right. And please no more police are fat and dumb, lazy etc. I can see why you are over there, you really dont like us , do you? I would love to see a thread on why you hate the US. Lazy cops, dumb hillbillies with guns,

Old 02-22-2007, 01:10 PM

i love my guns, like some people like their social programs.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Its the people with these social programs that bother me. not those that just want all guns registered. What FFH and others dont seem to understand is there are folks that want no guns allowed. That needs to be addressed and wrote in stone so it can never be changed. So many want to interpet the 2nd as meaning I have NO rights to gun-ownership. Two of the largest countries that had personal freedom to own guns have confiscated them. So, yes I believe it could happen here. The United Nations wants desperately to get them. Which is a whole new thread.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 PM

they dont want you to have a gun or they want to make sure they know who has them, while they were crying about how Bush was spying on private citizens and issues of privacy thats the hypocrisy

Old 02-23-2007, 12:50 AM

752 posts, read 596,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
they dont want you to have a gun or they want to make sure they know who has them, while they were crying about how Bush was spying on private citizens and issues of privacy thats the hypocrisy
Not at all. Gun registration isn't a privacy issue. It's associating your name to a gun and proving your eligibility to own one...you know, answering tough questions like "are you a felon?" and "are you American?".

I'll keep beating this drum until you hear it: Is registering to vote an invasion of privacy? If not, why is registering a gun?

How about this, since you, Mark, funfaler & the gang are so worried about invasions of privacy and infringement of rights, why don't we do away with registration of anything all together. Just because there are a few bad apples out there doesn't mean we should force good, upstanding citizens to suffer the indignity of actually having to identify themselves.

So we'll let anyone have a gun without any identification whatsoever. While we're at it let's let anyone drive a car, let's do away with drivers licenses, let's let anyone vote. Underage? Here's your lapdance! Paranoid schizophrenic? Here's your sidearm! Illegal migrant? Here's your ballot!

All the makings of a regular Libertarian utopia, I'd say.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 02-23-2007 at 01:01 AM..

Old 02-23-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Bang a drum my friend

My drum beats, two major countries registrate then confiscate. I know you mean well but way too many wont stop there. Even if I agree to register I have not seen any laws proposed to stop confiscation. There are very strong anti-gunners that do not want registration but banishment of all gun ownership. How will you help me protect from them? The brady org will not stop until all guns are confiscated. Come join us to protect the legal, law abiding gunowners. By a gun, join the NRA. I cannot allow the 2nd tobe reinterpeted by the federal agencys such as the ATF. They cant figure out the deffinition of a public road. really! Afew years ago ATF gave permission to acouple of manufacturers to sell a gun, telling them there product was not a machine gun. The company sells there products, now atf has changed there mind and wants a list of all purchases, names addresses etc. they now think its a machine gun. this is just one of many stupid things they do. Registration is a simple answer to you for gun crime. Its the first step for total loss to me.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,021,198 times
I have read some of the replies and it doesnt surprise me one bit. the reason that "the people"(yes that includes women, children, men, and criminals may own a firearm is very specific. If people ever revolted against a shadow government it would be their only means to arm and protect themselves.(though if a government was corrupted it would find ways around a citizens firearms)

Do you think if the government was corrupt they would let it be known? OBVIOUSLY NOT. When you try and word things fancy you're basically asking for more control and regulations. Basically looking for a longterm strategy to where the only people who end up with guns would never take a stand against a government if they were corrupt. Or so many regulations along the way that is almost disqualifies anyone from owning one if they choose to.

Theres a big difference in a criminal and a murderer. Im sure everyone in the country has broken a law or two knowingly or unknowingly. The fact that someone is a criminal may or may not mean anything. Thats like convicting someone of a mind crime which seems to be a big thing these days. You're also looking for menial criminals to be branded felons so they couldnt own firearms. So what would you like to be a felony next, stealing a gumball?

People kill themselves everyday. Far more than die those that in traffic accidents by someone who was speeding through a red light. cameras arent there for our saftey damn people. they're there as monitoring devices for control. You actually believe the government cares about individual people that much? You got to be kidding me.

There are also far more innocent people killed by authority than in any red light runners hitting into people. What makes you people think cops, fbi, atf, cia and whoever else dont pose a danger? Please dont tell me you dont think they have ever killed innocent people. You going to take their guns too?

Suicides use all kinds of things. Can we put cameras on them or chips under their skin to keep track of everything they do so we can prevent these suicides and get them help? Lets ban everything they could suicide with and put them in padded rooms.

Bottomline. Stop stripping people of rights with fancy wording and bogus good intention policies. Stop convicting people of mind crimes. Theres enough shadow laws being passed with good intentions.

You dont have to worry about the everyday people like me and you near as much as you do the ones with the power to change things for us all. Its the ones with the most contol that you have to worry about. Like send people to war, imprison them, opress you and take away your rights, force you into a system where you can not live unless you are part of them.

Last edited by the_pines; 02-23-2007 at 04:42 AM..

Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 AM

752 posts, read 596,696 times
You're winning me over with some very compelling arguments. The unassailable logic, the preponderance of evidence, and the sheer number of you who subscribe to the idea of unfettered access to guns...how can I resist?

The 2nd Amendment ensures that American citizens should be able to keep & bear arms. No part of that right should be infringed. Registering firearms always leads to taking away our right to own firearms.

No law-abiding citizen should suffer the indignity of the government nosing in their business by registering the purchase of any gun. My gun is my business. Where I keep them is my business. How many I have is my business.

Sure, there's a criminal element that will take advantage of this right. Gangbangers, drug runners and psychos have guns, and always will. But that's no reason to force law-abiding citizens to prove their identity to some government entity or show their eligibility to own a gun. We need to be armed to protect ourselves.

And finally, we can't have the government as an intermediary in the exercise of rights in case we as Patriots have to go to war against it. God forbid our government turn fascist, we'll need our unregistered guns to keep the tyrants at bay.

And you know, I feel the same way about voting. Registering to vote always leads to taking away our right to vote.

No law-abiding citizen should suffer the indignity of the government nosing in their business by requiring them to register to vote. My vote is my business. Where I vote is my business. How many times I vote is my business.

Sure, there's a criminal element that will take advantage of this right. Illegal Mexicans will always take advantage of registration-free voting by stuffing the ballot box. And we all know how those Negroes are -- they'll be voting 3-4 times for their liberal of choice. But that's no reason to force law-abiding citizens to prove their identity to some government entity or show their eligibility to vote. We need to be able to vote in as many districts and as many times as possible to protect ourselves.

And finally, we can't have the government as an intermediary in the exercise of rights in case we as Patriots have to go to war against it. God forbid our government turn fascist, we'll need our unregistered votes to keep the tyrants at bay.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 02-23-2007 at 08:35 AM..

Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 AM

there is no constitutional right to own or drive a car, and many liberals want felons and people not registered to vote to vote.

I have my second amendment right to keep and bear arms, as you and I have or right to freedom of speech, assembly, of the press and of religion(which some try and twist to say freedom from religion).

No, there is an agenda to thwart the 2nd Amendment, but those same people are the ones screaming about freedom of speech and press.

all of these rights were given over 200 years ago, so one being old makes them all old.

you may give up your right to speech, but I wont give up my right to keep and bear arms, or to speech, assembly, religion or the vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies