Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: well?
It's worth it 11 17.46%
It's not worth it 48 76.19%
I'm not sure 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 PM

994 posts, read 1,540,731 times

Advertisements

It's tanking our economy, killed over 4,000 US soldiers, killed around a million Iraqis, and earned distain for America around the world - so NO it was not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM

5,523 posts, read 13,885,386 times
I suspect that Cheney (and maybe Bush) are actually secret agents for Iran and their plan to invade Iraq has brilliantly succeeded beyond all expectations in greatly harming the interests of US and greatly boosting those of Iran.

The other explanation is that they are simply exceedingly incompetent and stupid, but its hard to believe they could be that utterly and completely moronic, isn' it?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,322,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
If I thought for a micro-second that ANY government would be forthcoming with FACTS on ANYTHING...well I reckon I can put a gun to my head right there. Rather I die by my own hand than have some lame *rse bureaucrat take the credit by asking me as a volunteer, or forcing me to go to the front line. I figure I am just as dead...but at least I chose, and I chose the cause? I need a clear and present validity from appropriate sources rather than be conned by anyone with selfserving agendas. I went through the draft process for Vietnam and could see back then what a farce that was, and I don't know about you blokes over there but ours actually had to sneak back home in the middle of the night, hidden from public view, hows that for a welcome home parade, and yes, you bet I feel strongly!! My motto is...Don't encourage ours sons and/or daughters to get involved in anything to do with Defence Forces unless there is a CLEAR and PRESENT danger. I seem to remember, after the second world war, the losers were hanged for war crimes, I haven't heard of anyone being hanged from the losing side after Vietnam. I haven't seen anyone stick their hand up and heading for the gallows after taking responsibility for that little debarcle. I'm not a coward, but by god I need a better reason than what the government feeds me to justify it, not just be used as cannon fodder for those who see big dollars to be made. Give me a good reason and I would be there, as probably anyone would, (anywhere, not just Iraq here).

Is the Iraq fiasco worth it...HELL YES! Just ask any of the businesses or corporations who are involved with the supply and support, you name it and there will be someone or some organisation profiting out of it. BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! What about the dollars to be made in the 're-construction' process, (should that ever eventuate), the mind boggles!! These people will still have all their limbs, and they won't have to worry about retirement expenses for themselves or their families, pity the same can't be said for the ones that are a little closer to the front line though, and the ones that haven't, and won't, make it back, (not forgetting the permanently incapacitated here). It's all about filling the heads of the masses with enough MISINFORMATION, (using 'patriotism' waved in front of them), to the point where they actually start believing it. I believe it's called 'control of the masses using appropriate propaganda' isn't it? Pity we couldn't ask Hitler, he would have given us some hot tips there.

Those who may want to pick the bones out of this, feel free, I've said my bit and my mind is closed on the subject.
I believed in Iraq initially I was never there but did meet zillion guys from Iraq in Afghanistan and than lost faith in acheiving anything there .

Anyone killed is called an "insurgent" the news that comes out of both countries is so washed over .
Sometimes you have to "wash up" the news as to not aid the enemy but over time you wind up distorting all the news and it becomes just lies.

A Vet at VA hospital mentioned to me that his son would "serve" as "proudly" as Dick Cheney no more no less lol .

Old 07-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
It's tanking our economy, killed over 4,000 US soldiers, killed around a million Iraqis, and earned distain for America around the world - so NO it was not worth it.

and the amount on both sides troops and their civilians crippled,maimed for life is huge

Old 07-10-2008, 01:09 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,456,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
and the amount on both sides troops and their civilians crippled,maimed for life is huge
Yeah as often pointed out by a fellow co-worker who's a reservist. That's one of the main thing he often points out.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

(1) Huge tax cut for the wealthy patrons on the far right wing of the GOP; (2) Bump off Saddam to show his dad that he could finish the job and to avenge the alledged plan the Iraqi Intel Service had to kill GHW and Barbara Bush during their thank you visit to Kuwait in 1993;
(3) Pack the SCOTUS with enough rightwing jurists to please the far right and maybe overturn Roe v Wade.
(4) Make sure the oil lobby got it's share of the loot, in the USA and as we now see, in Iraq too.

1. What is this a democrat party propoganda. Last time I checked everyone got a tax cut. If you want to complain give back your tax break money to the poor neighbor in your local city.
2. Silly reasoning.
3. What does that have to do with IRAQ.
4. I would have to agree with you on that one.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 960 times
Don't talk about "well we shouldn't have gone at all" or any hypotheticals like that.

What? Because it's futile or because it would require us to apologize for such an
outrageous assault on people (including women and children) who didn't deserve
it and because we would have to contribute to their "holocaust" memorial?

Apologize, put Bush on trial for what he is, a mass murderer, and start acting
like the gentle humane giant we think we are.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
I'm in the military and I don't think it's worth it.

You know what I noticed that in last 2 yrs Marines who are the last ones to say anything negative are saying it (I was in Army not Marines).
Do you find that to be the case?

They are just not as "eager" as once were as far as Iraq goes

Old 07-10-2008, 04:12 PM

26,116 posts, read 48,720,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
....Silly reasoning....
Nothing silly about it. The Bush family is dysfunctional. Chimpy is massively dysfunctional and it plays out in that old nonsense of showing papa Bush that he can and will finish the job, in defiance of the old man. Happens in millions of families. Weisberg's book is well researched and IMO, spot on. Chimpy and Cheney came to office with a desire to dump Saddam, each for their own reasons: For Cheney it was unfinished business from the Gulf War; for Chimpy it was showing up his father and proving to the world that he was better than his father. Chimpy is a loon, belongs in jail or a nuthouse.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,661,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Nothing silly about it. The Bush family is dysfunctional. Chimpy is massively dysfunctional and it plays out in that old nonsense of showing papa Bush that he can and will finish the job, in defiance of the old man. Happens in millions of families. Weisberg's book is well researched and IMO, spot on. Chimpy and Cheney came to office with a desire to dump Saddam, each for their own reasons: For Cheney it was unfinished business from the Gulf War; for Chimpy it was showing up his father and proving to the world that he was better than his father. Chimpy is a loon, belongs in jail or a nuthouse.
Well I will agree that bush has been brainwashed by the nwo types. Of course this policy was also the policy of clinton with Iraq and other UN adventures he had. After Sept 11 some within our government were waiting for an excuse and got one and it didnt help that Bush was easily motivated nation buildng. Took focus off the one person that is bin laden and who the hell knows and it appears the bushes and congress seems to have forgotten him too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies