Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the confederate flag?
I'm from the North and it is a symbol of hate and racism 54 21.77%
I'm from the North and it is a symbol of southern pride and heritage 57 22.98%
I'm from the South and it is a symbol of hate and racism 30 12.10%
I'm from the South and it is a symbol of our pride and heritage 53 21.37%
I'm from neither the North or the South and it is a symbol of hate and racism 26 10.48%
I'm from neither the North or the South and it is a symbol of southern pride and heritage 28 11.29%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:48 AM

646 posts, read 801,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hey there, "Mary," or do I mean latter-day Knight of Mary?

Remember the good old days, when Tom Watson spoke for us -- lighted the way as it were?
I don't know,what do you mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
You know what I mean.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 PM

37,193 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
I know what she means, too.

Surely you remember?

Old 04-04-2010, 12:57 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Not quite.

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ku Klux Klan, often abbreviated KKK and informally known as The Klan, is the name of several past and present far right hate groups[2] in the United States whose avowed purpose is to protect the rights and further the interests of White Americans of Protestant faith by violence and intimidation.

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its mission is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination".
Unfotunately the NAACP has strayed away from its mission statement. Ask Clarence Thomas.

They have become a left wing organization. They only support people who believe as they do.

The constantly play the race card. They believe in quotas.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:24 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
As legitimate as the issues of the southern states may have been during the Civil War, the tragedy of today is that use of the flag has been taken over by redneck bigots in recent years, so that is what the symbol has come to be associated with.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:57 PM

295 posts, read 320,494 times
Actually Magnolia Bloom you could also reverse those meanings depending on what side you stand on, know what I mean?
The Klan preaches the protection of the White race and its preserverance while the NAACP does the same thing! Now, how do we distinguish between one group hating and one group promoting racial equality when they both promote the ADVANCEMENT OF ONE RACE, that being, WHITE and one being COLORED!

To me and my opinion only both promote hatred!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgusano View Post
So, the Japanese are "losers"? How about the Germans? How about the USA? (We got our butts kicked in Viet Nam, thanks to the democrats.)
The Japanese no longer fly the Rising Sun battle banner.
The German also no longer fly a flag containing a swastika..and,in fact, it's illegal to even possess one there.

And while the US didn't "win" Vietnam (not sure if anybody did) I believe that Nixon was the POTUS when the war ended...thus making him responsible for its conclusion,right?

You really might consider taking a social studies/and or history class some time in the near future.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,158 times
If a black man were wearing a shirt in the design of the Confederate flag...Truly confusing.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Didn't vote because "I'm from the South and I think it's dumb but not necessarily bad" isn't available as an answer. However, I have to admit I've never known anyone who had one of these symbols somewhere at their house (or on their body!) that wasn't a racist.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
It is part of our history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies