U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 07:45 PM

743 posts, read 1,152,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
...the propaganda of the illegals themselves, what with complaints of "it's too 'hard' to try to be legal" (unlike 250 years of precedence for legal immigrants in the USA from everyone not south of the border,) or unflagging preference to remain in all ways wholly foreign nationals, with any concession to American laws considered justifiable defiance of the hated gringo. ...
In the last 2 weeks, amongst other tasks of my Neighborhood Watch was distributing flyers to all with a police description and contact # for a rapist who attacked an elderly woman in her home, and a household last night (a Sunday) that started their outdoor fiesta at 10 p.m. with DJs and professional sound systems cranked up to stadium level, with the P.A.s in the driveway of the front yard, just so everyone blocks and blocks and blocks away could be prevented from getting a good night's sleep for Monday. (the one neighbor foolhardy enough to confront them, when police called by two blocks worth of people failed to rouse any response, was laughed at with zero regard to neighbors' concerns.) ...people who, en masse for frivolous non-emergencies just 'cos it's free to them, caused the emergancy hospital nearest you to close, just when you've been in a traumatic emergency yourself and your ambulance can't figure out where to take you (that one's happened to me)? ...illegals that totalled your car by driving without a license, i.d, or any concept of American driving laws
It is very difficult to become a legal resident through legal means, that is not propaganda. Nearly every one that I have talked to says that it's easier to just by a round trip ticket, never fly back, and get a good lawyer, than to apply for legal work status and citizenship through the conventional means. And there are plenty of illegals from areas other than Mexico, and Central and South America.
As for all of the other problems, refusal to assimilate mainstream American culture (whatever that is), loud parties, going to the ER, these are all issues that extend well beyond illegal immigrants. And your comments about rapists is ridiculous as well; social problems like these transcend any single race or ethnicity.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,716,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
If one wants to read or hear real slandering and whining, one should familiarize oneself with the propaganda of the illegals themselves, what with complaints of "it's too 'hard' to try to be legal" (unlike 250 years of precedence for legal immigrants in the USA from everyone not south of the border,) or unflagging preference to remain in all ways wholly foreign nationals, with any concession to American laws considered justifiable defiance of the hated gringo. You can google the sites from your nice residence in your nice area, whereas I see this in person, and live with it amongst the real life examples.
They certainly have zero respect for any Americans.
That's right.

Quote:
Hispanic Leaders Brag About Anti-White Hate, Racism

4-13-6

"Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over." -- Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets

"They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We will take them over. We are here to stay." -- Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Councilman

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population . . . I love it. They are ****ting in their pants with fear. I love it!" -- Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas

"Remember 187--proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-citizens--was the last gasp of white America in California." -- Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party

"We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country . . . I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, 'I'm going to go out there and vote because I want to pay them back.'" -- Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor

"California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave." -- Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton

"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California." -- Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General

"We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos." -- Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University

"The American Southwest seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a single shot." -- Excelsior, the national newspaper of Mexico

Are these just the words of a few extremists? Consider that we could fill up many pages with such quotes. Also, consider that these are mainstream Mexican leaders.
http://debatebothsides.com/showthread.php?t=40765 (broken link)

Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Not all of them are mainstream leaders. And the whole spirit of those comments is hardly representative of the feelings of most immigrants. They don't have some secret agenda to take over government, they have an overt agenda to make a better life for themselves. Augustin Cebada, mainstream? That's like saying Hitler is mainstream Christianity. For every one of these quotes you could find a million mexican immigrants that just want opportunity of living a better life.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM

14 posts, read 15,219 times
Default True Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Ok, I'll bite. It sounds like Franco's Spain or Pinochet's Chile would have been to your liking -- strict and absolute, no foreigners, no enemies (except the ones you decide)! This is America, man, where people from all over the world call home. American culture is a vast mix of cultures from all corners of the world. You like to eat frankfurters, hamburgers and pizza? All foreigners. Throw in a potato? Well, it's from Peru.

English -- rather American English -- is one fat foreign language. Utter the sentence "The kindergarten is in a cul-de-sac in the vicinity of the church" and you just spoke German, French, Latin and old Norse. Continue by stating "He schlepped the viola down there," now you're into Yiddish, Italian and Gaelic. It's Greek, you say? No, but "phenomenal crisis" is. Say "algebra" and you spoke Arabic. Hey, ever been on a "ranch" and seen someone "lasso" a "pinto"? Spanish this time. Ain't it grand?

Go back where I came from? Unless your ancestors were one of the 10 - 15 people who walked across the Bering Straight Land Bridge, you have nothing to say about where I came from or should return to.

And by the way, were you to go to Mexico or Canada, your US Dollar is welcome there. In Montreal or Guadalajara, they won't smack you in the face if you speak English. So come on. Cool off and put that great mind of yours to work thinking about the situation with the intent of fixing the things that annoy you.

And, uh, I'm a patriot, too.

But it is still ENGLISH that we speak in this country. Yes, our culture is enriched by many different kinds of people that came here LONG TIME AGO. Yet it is still based on that of Anglo-Saxon one which is western in origin. And now that we are independent, we have this one, unique thing that we are supposed to share as our culture. It's nothing like others. Read my other post. If you be too lenient, then that'll be the day when you die. One culture that embraces so-called "diversity" will always be replaced by another that doesn't, and so quickly. I have my American pride. I don't want to be invaded by Mexicans or any other aliens. Thanks to the numbskulls like you, we are so having a hard time right now. It's not supposed to be this complicated, Uncle Sam.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 PM

919 posts, read 1,669,830 times
Default tired of this

Thats about enough! Ive heard the "we just want a better life" dont we all. if your illegal, your wants dont count, period. if its hard to get tobe a citizen, tobad, thats the way it is. no, excuses allowed. repeat till you hard heads understand. come lagal or will kick your butt out. no exemptions, why cant we all understand that. so quit posting weak, lame reasons. legal or not, its that black & white. also, wake up my fellow americans we are under a silent attack, no guns. but we will loose if we dont stand and tell these lib thinkers to knock it off. whew I better try de-caff.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,716,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Not all of them are mainstream leaders. And the whole spirit of those comments is hardly representative of the feelings of most immigrants. They don't have some secret agenda to take over government, they have an overt agenda to make a better life for themselves. Augustin Cebada, mainstream? That's like saying Hitler is mainstream Christianity. For every one of these quotes you could find a million mexican immigrants that just want opportunity of living a better life.

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Councilman

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas

Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor

Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton

Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General

Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University

I am somewhat taken aback (although I shouldn't be) that the people in these positions would make such blatantly racist, anti-American comments.
No doubt none of them were in any way reprimanded for saying such things, whereas we can only imagine what would have happened if a white person had said something comparable in a public statement.
I am not so sure that they are hardly representative of the feelings of most Mexican immigrants. Based on my own experiences, I would say that many harbor exactly those sentiments.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Default i wish you were president

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Thats about enough! Ive heard the "we just want a better life" dont we all. if your illegal, your wants dont count, period. if its hard to get tobe a citizen, tobad, thats the way it is. no, excuses allowed. repeat till you hard heads understand. come lagal or will kick your butt out. no exemptions, why cant we all understand that. so quit posting weak, lame reasons. legal or not, its that black & white. also, wake up my fellow americans we are under a silent attack, no guns. but we will loose if we dont stand and tell these lib thinkers to knock it off. whew I better try de-caff.
mark6052... my kanna man. Yes, illegal is illegal. not legal. so come legal, or drop you know what.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:12 PM

2,798 posts, read 9,717,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little My View Post
But it is still ENGLISH that we speak in this country. Yes, our culture is enriched by many different kinds of people that came here LONG TIME AGO. Yet it is still based on that of Anglo-Saxon one which is western in origin. And now that we are independent, we have this one, unique thing that we are supposed to share as our culture. It's nothing like others. Read my other post. If you be too lenient, then that'll be the day when you die. One culture that embraces so-called "diversity" will always be replaced by another that doesn't, and so quickly. I have my American pride. I don't want to be invaded by Mexicans or any other aliens. Thanks to the numbskulls like you, we are so having a hard time right now. It's not supposed to be this complicated, Uncle Sam.
You know, I never called you names. I really take offence at you calling me names, and I have a good mind to report you for violating forum rules. You've accused me in one form or another of lacking pride, being unpatriotic, being patriotic to Mexico in spite of the U.S., and now a numb skull. ENOUGH, DUDE! Either correspond civilly and intelligently or take a hike! If you can't handle me challenging your assumptions, then you have far bigger problems than me taking issue with you.

You are proud to be American for your reasons. Fine! I'm proud to be American for mine! The thing I'm MOST PROUD OF is that part of America that EMBRACES change thanks to the influx of cultures from all over the world. This is what sets America apart from almost any other place. American culture is not static. It doesn't stop with YOUR idea of it. And the day American culture ceases to grow, THAT, my friend, will be the death of America.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 01-22-2007 at 10:37 PM..

Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Furious, not just Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

I am somewhat taken aback (although I shouldn't be) that the people in these positions would make such blatantly racist, anti-American comments.
No doubt none of them were in any way reprimanded for saying such things, whereas we can only imagine what would have happened if a white person had said something comparable in a public statement.
I am not so sure that they are hardly representative of the feelings of most Mexican immigrants. Based on my own experiences, I would say that many harbor exactly those sentiments.
And why you shouldn't? We all should! We all should be furious! Those comments are so anti-American, anti-patriotic and simply disgusting! They are invading us from inside out! I never want to send my kids to those colleges. Those Pro-Mexican professors are so nasty they should be fired. Are they nuts!?! Somewhat taken aback? That is too mild and polite, dear lady. We don't have to be so nice and kind and polite when they are THIS bad to us. They are just absolute self centerd idiots. Where do they think they are, and who do they think they are. How and why is that that when an American makes a patriotic comment, he or she will always get name-callings like racist and brute, but aliens never get blamed? They don't deserve anything here. And what's wrong with speaking for one's own country? This is America, not Mexico, or whatever else.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little My View Post
mark6052... my kanna man. Yes, illegal is illegal. not legal. so come legal, or drop you know what.
Illegal is illegal huh? Have you ever gone over the speed limit when you knew you wouldn't get caught? Rounded up or down on your taxes? Taken a sip of champagne at a wedding when you were "almost" 21? Copied a CD of a friends or participated in "file sharing"? Used the high occupancy vehicle lane just to pass some jerk? I think you get the point. And even if you are such an ideal person that you have never committed even the most minor "bending" of a law, I'm sure you wouldn't want to clog up the courts with cases of speeding drivers just to show that "illegal is illegal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies