U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,736,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I personally think we should gather up everyone that is doing the bleeding heart speeches and just hand them all the bills the illegals do not pay. Let them foot the bill for awhile, see what they say after awhile.
That's not a bad idea! With one provision -- there is an exemption from paying for all of the things I disagree with.

For example, I don't agree with spending $100,000 PER MINUTE in Iraq. Nor do I like subsidizing to the hilt cheap oil so that someone else can happily drive a gas-guzzler. Nor do I agree with socializing the roads. Make them like the railroads -- private, pay-as-you-go. For me to pay a few medical bills for people who can't, people who aren't going to disappear, I might add, instead of subsidizing unsustainable social policies in other ways, is a good deal for me. Let me do this! Then let me set up preventative medicine for these folks so that I can get them out of the ER, and my savings will TRIPLE!

It's not about "bleeding hearts"; it's about ECONOMICS.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,726,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
That's not a bad idea! With one provision -- there is an exemption from paying for all of the things I disagree with.

For example, I don't agree with spending $100,000 PER MINUTE in Iraq. Nor do I like subsidizing to the hilt cheap oil so that someone else can happily drive a gas-guzzler. Nor do I agree with socializing the roads. Make them like the railroads -- private, pay-as-you-go. For me to pay a few medical bills for people who can't, people who aren't going to disappear, I might add, instead of subsidizing unsustainable social policies in other ways, is a good deal for me. Let me do this! Then let me set up preventative medicine for these folks so that I can get them out of the ER, and my savings will TRIPLE!

You obviously don't know much about medical expenses.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,735,308 times
Quote:

if you have the money to sustain millions of illegals bills, more power to ya!!! I think it was like 2.8 billion in costs a year!!!!( But I think that is on the way low side) Ya must be rich!!!! Oh and those other things have nothing to do with what we are talking about, we are talking about who foots the bills for the illegals, war is on another thread!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If I am injured in a traffic accident in France I would not expect the citizens of France to pay for my medical care.
You would be surprised at how many countries in the world would take care of you under their public systems. I have a friend who stepped on a rusty nail in the rain forest in Costa Rica. Do you know how dangerous this can be in an equatorial region? She was sent to the doctor, cared for and told "Enjoy your stay in CR." Little tiny Costa Rica did this. But somehow such an act of humanity is beneath a country with resources to blast into space whenever it wants to. I say no. The U.S. not only has the resources, it has the compassion.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You obviously don't know much about medical expenses.
Tell me about it!!!! My son had emergency surgery, cost 75,000.00. Cant even imagine all the health care costs of birth for those anchor babaies!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
You would be surprised at how many countries in the world would take care of you under their public systems. I have a friend who stepped on a rusty nail in the rain forest in Costa Rica. Do you know how dangerous this can be in an equatorial region? She was sent to the doctor, cared for and told "Enjoy your stay in CR." Little tiny Costa Rica did this. But somehow such an act of humanity is beneath a country with resources to blast into space whenever it wants to. I say no. The U.S. not only has the resources, it has the compassion.
Dear lord you are comparing a rusty nail treatment to thousands and thousands of anchor baby births and treatment for other diseases not to mention free education and other social services for millions, yea I am sure Costa Rica would be up for that!!! We need to have those available for our own citizens and compassion for them!!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Default I'm not rich, that's exactly the point

Quote:
if you have the money to sustain millions of illegals bills, more power to ya!!! I think it was like 2.8 billion in costs a year!!!!( But I think that is on the way low side) Ya must be rich!!!! Oh and those other things have nothing to do with what we are talking about, we are talking about who foots the bills for the illegals, war is on another thread!!!
As I said, I'll do it, but let me off the hook of other things. Iraq costs $5 BILLION A MONTH! U.S. roads cost $50 billion a year. I stand by what I wrote -- your proposal is a good deal for me as long as I get exempted from the things I disagree with. And, no I'm not rich, which is exactly why I support your proposal. For me it'd be a savings.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
As I said, I'll do it, but let me off the hook of other things. Iraq costs $5 BILLION A MONTH! U.S. roads cost $50 billion a year. I stand by what I wrote -- your proposal is a good deal for me as long as I get exempted from the things I disagree with. And, no I'm not rich, which is exactly why I'm for your proposal. For me it's a savings.
Why should you get off? We dont, we pay for all that stuff we have to and theirs? So no, you have to pay both.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Why should you get off? We dont, we pay for all that stuff we have to and theirs? So no, you have to pay both.
I ALREADY pay both, just like you! You want to hand me "your" bills, but I don't get to hand you "mine." Good point, it won't work, so let's move on. Back to the discussion.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You want to hand me "your" bills, but I don't get to hand you "mine." Good point, it won't work, so let's move on. Back to the discussion.
The illegals shouldnt be our bills!!! I will pay my own bills thank you, but seems some want us to pay ours and theirs. You can have the illegals bills. I am not an illegal and pay my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies