U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:56 PM

2,776 posts, read 6,964,466 times

Advertisements

I think the participants of this thread should go on a speed dating excursion.

Myself excluded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Iceland has been on my list for travel for a long time. I often wondered if I would run into any issues while traveling there.

It looks so beautiful, and I still want to go so who cares
Honestly, Iceland isn't a violent nation. You would still have a few stares. If you want to go, just go for it. Iceland isn't that violent.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,468,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Nope. I've never been wronged by blacks. And I've never lost a job to a black person either. Try again.

Otherwise, frankly I don't think that Eurasians are attractive. Children that are half Asian and half white aren't attractive to me. However, that's just a personal opinion. I prefer the pure Asian look in terms of making babies.

As to my dating criteria, because smarts, education and common morals and life goals are so important to me, I do end up dating geeks... and most of them are white. I've never had a black geek ask me out. And the only black guys that ever tried to flirt with me came onto me in purely a sexual level, so it was a no-go from the start. Sex and "charm"... that ain't what I'm looking for in a relationship.
Please. You know what you want, and it ain't black, that's for sure. Females have an interesting way of giving just the right signals to just the right types of people, while warding off "undesirables" with nothing more than a repugnant glance. But, hey, your romantic life is neither here nor there to me. Do what you do. I'm sure many a white geek will be more than lucky to have a "hot asian babe" like yourself.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:26 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,103,689 times
As long as we're on the topic of experience, I have a thread about that:The Canton experience

Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM

9 posts, read 21,889 times
I get stupid questions/comments a lot. These are the most annoying ones: "Why do you have to call yourself African-American, why don't you just call yourself American?" (Why do you care?) "Why can't Black people just get over slavery?" (Really annoying, as I myself rarely bring up slavery unless it's a conversation specifically about slavery). Any question dealing with the hows and whys of rap music as if by virtue of me being black I'm an expert on rap music. Or when they try to touch my hair because they're "curious" to see what it feels like. (I find that extremely rude, I don't like to be touched by complete strangers). But just stupid things like that. I've never had anybody verbally or physically (most people know better) attack me bc of my race.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,468,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereinDenver View Post
This is the most common response. Never admit that any was wrong and displace the problem onto another issue. If we can't admit to our own errors, how can we possibly grow as a community. You expect whites, asians, etc to admit to their mistakes, yet you can't come to terms with your own problems.

We can not expect equality unless we treat others with the same equality.
I'm just stating the cold truth.

And the only error here is race, a red herring needlessly injected into this situation from all sides right from the very beginning; This was a case about a female stripper crying rape - nothing more.

And no I won't "tell that to Jesse and Al" Packersnut. Keep it.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 PM

9 posts, read 21,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
I have quite a number of friends, co-workers, and relatives who at one time or other were victims of racism by blacks or latinos, and in several cases it was violent assaults.
And of all the blacks and latinos I know, not a single one has ever been violently assaulted by a white. Worst thing that might have happened was name-calling. One black guy got some vandalism once.
Racism against whites is no joke, happens every day, and I'm afraid doesn't get the coverage it should.
I don't know a single white person (and I know a lot of 'em) who has EVER been physically attacked by a minority bc of their race. Where I live, the ones that are racist are usually white. Normally Blacks and Latinos don't even care about race enough to risk getting put in jail over it but we have places like Howard Beach (Italians, Irish, etc) where if a darker person even so much as sneezes they'll get assaulted.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM

194 posts, read 290,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'm just stating the cold truth.

And the only error here is race, a red herring needlessly injected into this situation from all sides right from the very beginning; This was a case about a female stripper crying rape - nothing more.

And no I won't "tell that to Jesse and Al" Packersnut. Keep it.
I understand. But if the AA community was up in arms about it, I think the world wouldn't mind some of those same 'leaders' going out and say, 'sorry, we were a bit quick to judge'. I admire those who admit to a mistake.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:50 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,087,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedeep View Post
I don't know a single white person (and I know a lot of 'em) who has EVER been physically attacked by a minority bc of their race. Where I live, the ones that are racist are usually white. Normally Blacks and Latinos don't even care about race enough to risk getting put in jail over it but we have places like Howard Beach (Italians, Irish, etc) where if a darker person even so much as sneezes they'll get assaulted.
Things aren't always what they seem. If a white guy attacks a black man its instantaniously suspected as a hate crime.

Further, I dont believe your post for one second.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,087,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'm sure many a white geek will be more than lucky to have a "hot asian babe" like yourself.
Hot Asian babe? Where
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or