Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious what will happen when we ever do find out 100% that babies have feelings since conception?

On one side we would have been murdering perfectly good healthy babies..

On the other it would be empty arguments of how babies can feel pain...

I choose to give babies a chance first and not regret myself later if I'm wrong. If I'm right well...I'll let that burden fall on someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
From what little I understand the nervous system is one of the first systems to form.
It is actually one of the last, not being completed until well after birth...

Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny1031 View Post
A question: Are you 100% sure that a fetus is not human life? If so, how are you 100% certain? Because the burden is on those who want to terminate a pregnancy that the fetus a woman is carrying is absolutely and unequivocally not human life in any form or fashion. ... If a fetus is human life, which many argue it is, then the condemning to hell (a slight exaggeration I believe) of the woman is less when compared to the condemning to death of the fetus.

I never said that the fetus was not human life, I just hold the woman's life at a higher priority over the fetus. Until such a time where a fetus doesn't have to depend on another's body for support, that is. The death of a fetus (when it is planned) means little to me. More like getting rid of an unwanted parasite. A woman should not have to force herself to carry a fetus if she does not want to.
'
As for the feelings thing, I'll retract that until I research it further.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
I'm just curious what will happen when we ever do find out 100% that babies have feelings since conception?

On one side we would have been murdering perfectly good healthy babies..

On the other it would be empty arguments of how babies can feel pain...

I choose to give babies a chance first and not regret myself later if I'm wrong. If I'm right well...I'll let that burden fall on someone else.

I wouldn't care if they had feelings from the moment the sperm hits the egg. It is still a parasite which is renting a room inside of a woman. And the landlord reserves the right to kick it out whenever she pleases.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Amoebae will be found writing Shakespeareian sonnets first.

Quote:
Choose away. No one is seeking to force or constrain your choice in any way.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
I guess this is another garbage can section of the forums....My apologies..See ya round.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Quote:
I guess this is another garbage can section of the forums....My apologies..See ya round.
Don't let the door hit you where your maker split you

Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
amoebae will be found writing shakespeareian sonnets first.

lmao :d

Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM

105 posts, read 228,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
I never said that the fetus was not human life, I just hold the woman's life at a higher priority over the fetus. Until such a time where a fetus doesn't have to depend on another's body for support, that is. The death of a fetus (when it is planned) means little to me. More like getting rid of an unwanted parasite. A woman should not have to force herself to carry a fetus if she does not want to.
'
As for the feelings thing, I'll retract that until I research it further.
Then if I read you correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong), it's perfectly alright in your opinion then to take a life when the pregnant woman just doesn't feel like giving birth to the child for whatever "planned" reason she puts forth. Is it conceivable that the "unwanted parasite" could be wanted by a couple incapable of conceiving a child on their own? Is it possible that even if the baby were to be born into less than desirable economic conditions, that he/she could not grow up to make great accomplishments in society? If you compare forcing a woman to "carry a fetus" that she does not want with terminating a life, are you really going to tip the scales in favor an impulse (ie, the desire not to carry a child) over what many argue is human life?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Because it's totally okay to condemn young people to 9 months of utter hell, financially, physically, and emotionally for something they don't even want.
Yeah, you're right.
The last thing we should do is expect them to think about the consequences before hand.

Or maybe if they know they don't want or can't handle of a kid, possibly refrain from sex?

Anyways, rock on. Let's kill more fetuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies