U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 AM

889 posts, read 1,561,495 times

Advertisements

The truth about the largest oil field in the world - Forward this link and spread the truth Written by Gary Franchi (broken link) Saturday, 19 July 2008
http://ForwardThisLink.com - Forward this link to everyone you know. This is one of the most important videos you will ever see concerning the cost of fuel prices and the largest oil field in the world discovered in Alaska but kept secret from the American people.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM

14,393 posts, read 13,516,876 times
Lmfao.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:46 PM

I guess I post a lot of this stuff because having been only associating with Ron Paul forums/messageboards for the last few years I am used to people putting up information and discussing it.

I notice, on this forum, which I would have to say is filled with a broader cross section of society that most of the stuff read is not discussed but rather made fun of or jumped on as being wrong or bogus or for want of a better phrase "out there".....or basically ignored.

I'm just doing my own little socialogical study here.

I actually find it much more informative reading the messages below the article. Peak Oil vs Abiotic. There are a lot of people on both sides of the subject.

Gary Franchi took over for Aaron Russo on the Restore the Republic website. Very respected by many. He also owns Republic Magazine.

He's not an idiot. He feels this is important.

I guess I half assed expected more than lmfao from the "other than Ron Paulites".....

Old 07-19-2008, 05:50 PM

11,853 posts, read 11,366,819 times
I am a Ron Paul supporter... and my question to you would be ... so what? Do I care where the largest oil field is? Nope. Do I care where the largest coal mine is? Nope... I don't look back and say lets go back to coal technologies since we have so much of it.. wasn't steam engines great! Do I care to explore old technology? Nope... if you said there was a huge deposit of gold or something that was actually useful in the future, I might say lets do it... but holding on to old tech doesn't appeal to forward thinkers...

Old 07-19-2008, 05:58 PM

13,461 posts, read 16,136,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
I guess I post a lot of this stuff because having been only associating with Ron Paul forums/messageboards for the last few years I am used to people putting up information and discussing it.

I notice, on this forum, which I would have to say is filled with a broader cross section of society that most of the stuff read is not discussed but rather made fun of or jumped on as being wrong or bogus or for want of a better phrase "out there".....or basically ignored.

I actually find it much more informative reading the messages below the article. Peak Oil vs Abiotic. There are a lot of people on both sides of the subject.

Gary Franchi took over for Aaron Russo on the Restore the Republic website. Very respected by many. He also owns Republic Magazine.

I guess I half assed expected more than lmfao from the "other than Ron Paulites".....
I have seen some of those forums, you have a form of "agreement reality" from most of what I have seen, not critical or skeptical analysis of concepts. I understand his disciples have a true belief in a certain philosophy, however outside of that small circle (total population wise) not a whole lot of folks believe things such as we encouraged Saddam to invade Kuwait as an extension of deals earlier cut by Kissinger.

If you believe a small group has controlled world events through the past century, this stuff can make sense. However, organizations like Wal-Mart and GM are damaged by oil spikes, why are they "excluded" from the conspiracy?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 PM

14,393 posts, read 13,516,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post

I laughed at it because it's so absurd. And BTW, I support Ron Paul too but that has nothing to do with this, and doesn't change my stance that we need a real solution, new energy sources combined with conserving what we have now, there's no magic pill (or oil field) sitting in Alaska that's going to solve our problems. It's wishful thinking. We simply consume too much for domestic sources to really hold out too long. If we consumed less (a lot less than the current 7 billion barrels a year) maybe things would be different. Of course that won't change because we have a commercial not a subsistence economy, and the attitudes that go with it.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 AM

563 posts, read 560,542 times
I watched the vid last night. There is some reason why we are not drilling in Alaska. The ol' chaplain might be on to something.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 AM

10,639 posts, read 5,956,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
There is some reason why we are not drilling in Alaska.
Yes, the reason is "heavy sour crude oil."

Prudhoe Bay crude oil is heavy sour, just like all of the oil along the West Coast from Alaska all the way down to Baja, Mexico.

The US does not refine heavy sour oil for gasoline, mainly because of the paltry yield of 6 gallons per barrel (unless you reprocess the residuum).

Heavy and very heavy crude oils are selling for $41/barrel up to $104/barrel (the garbage in Canadian Tar Sands).

There's a glut of heavy and heavy sour crude oils on the market and the US doesn't have the refining capacity for more heavy sour crude.

The heavy sour crude in ANWR will not lower the price of light or intermediate grade crude oils.

The heavy sour crude in ANWR will not lower the price of gasoline.

All of those are excellent reasons why the US should not drill in ANWR.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
I watched the vid last night. There is some reason why we are not drilling in Alaska. The ol' chaplain might be on to something.
Yes, my husband and I read his book....and he certainly opens another door into what may really be going on.

Also, there is the Abiotic/Fossil Fuel debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcRX35zQx0&NR=1

Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, the reason is "heavy sour crude oil."

Prudhoe Bay crude oil is heavy sour, just like all of the oil along the West Coast from Alaska all the way down to Baja, Mexico.

The US does not refine heavy sour oil for gasoline, mainly because of the paltry yield of 6 gallons per barrel (unless you reprocess the residuum).

Heavy and very heavy crude oils are selling for $41/barrel up to $104/barrel (the garbage in Canadian Tar Sands).

There's a glut of heavy and heavy sour crude oils on the market and the US doesn't have the refining capacity for more heavy sour crude.

The heavy sour crude in ANWR will not lower the price of light or intermediate grade crude oils.

The heavy sour crude in ANWR will not lower the price of gasoline.

All of those are excellent reasons why the US should not drill in ANWR.

And this is an excellent post Thank you for informing us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies