U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:02 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,211,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post

Sorry, there is just no way the same people that voted Bush in twice are voting for a black democrat, lol. Not happening.

-TT
The thing is, there *are* more than a few disillusioned souls who did vote for Bush and regret it. I even know of a few who voted for Bush the first time but then held their noses and voted for Kerry the second.
I dunno. You could be right, TT.
One thing I am convinved of is that too many people hate Hillary's guts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 02:49 PM

11,047 posts, read 18,138,581 times
I would vote for a woman or black American,its the ideals and agenda that matter to me.In fact,I voted for a black American Allen Keyes over Bush in the Republican primaries the first time round.

There are some Dems I would favor on individual levels,but as long as the Dem leadership is to the left with centralized government at their agenda and specially the 2nd amendment rights important to me they will never get my vote.

I do regret supporting Bush overall as some Repubs are as worse with spending and nannying as the Dems,I saw it as a lesser of 2 evils in my mind.The Libertarian party now has my eye,though they also need to clear some issues for me.And I'll bite my lip and vote for anyone else if its against another Clinton.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:11 PM

597 posts, read 1,788,508 times
Quote:
I just hope it doesn't get wasted on Obama, and I hope Hillary doesn't run with him.

There is nothing wrong with the man, he was just born the wrong color.

I would like to think people would vote for a woman, but I'm pretty sure this country is not ready for a black president or vice president. It's shame, but I think thats where we are at this point. If Obama ends up in the running, they may as well concede to the republicans and save the expense of a lengthy campaign.

Sorry, there is just no way the same people that voted Bush in twice are voting for a black democrat, lol. Not happening.

-TT
I think for sure America is and has been in the past ready for a black president. Colin Powell would have won back in '96 if he ran I think and he would have at least gotten the nomination. Instead the GOP pulled another idiotic move and put an old man up against Bill Clinton. It is definitely not handing over the election to the GOP. The only problem Obama truly has is that his voting record is one of the most liberal in the senate and I believe he even voted to keep partial-birth abortion. I really like him as a person and I think he's an excellent speaker. I have to wait and see where he stands on some more of the issues before I make a final judgement.

I think we may be ready for a woman, just not Hillary. She just comes across as abrasive and I don't really like her on a personal level, she just isn't likable enough, she seems too calculated (did anybody see her little ad on the couch?). I'm not impressed. But, she's got money and name recognition. Sadly, the latter is really the only thing you need to be elected to political office.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 PM

1,151 posts, read 3,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
I think for sure America is and has been in the past ready for a black president. Colin Powell would have won back in '96 if he ran I think and he would have at least gotten the nomination. Instead the GOP pulled another idiotic move and put an old man up against Bill Clinton. It is definitely not handing over the election to the GOP. The only problem Obama truly has is that his voting record is one of the most liberal in the senate and I believe he even voted to keep partial-birth abortion. I really like him as a person and I think he's an excellent speaker. I have to wait and see where he stands on some more of the issues before I make a final judgement.

I think we may be ready for a woman, just not Hillary. She just comes across as abrasive and I don't really like her on a personal level, she just isn't likable enough, she seems too calculated (did anybody see her little ad on the couch?). I'm not impressed. But, she's got money and name recognition. Sadly, the latter is really the only thing you need to be elected to political office.
Not liking someone on a personal level to me is not a deterent to be elected as the President. I'd like to think one would get elected based on if he or she can get the job done.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM

752 posts, read 595,450 times
I don't know what to add to this thread, but the title sounds like something that should have been directed (or at least starred in) by Ron Jeremy.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Not liking someone on a personal level to me is not a deterent to be elected as the President. I'd like to think one would get elected based on if he or she can get the job done.
Of course we want somebody to get the job done, otherwise we wouldn't even be considering them for this post. What person would want to elect someone they despised? I think Hillary has been wishy-washy over Iraq and has been incredibly calculated and crafty in her plans to get elected in '08. I just don't trust her. I like Obama so far on the Dem side, despite only being a senator for a few years, I think his message of hope resonates with people on a personal level. That is what Hillary is missing. Don't we want a president who inspires us to be better people and have hope for the future, instead of some crafty career politician? The choice is simple to me.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
I don't know what to add to this thread, but the title sounds like something that should have been directed (or at least starred in) by Ron Jeremy.
Haha! Well, who knows, maybe he'll run for office...

Old 01-21-2007, 03:54 PM

1,151 posts, read 3,063,743 times
Quote:
Of course we want somebody to get the job done, otherwise we wouldn't even be considering them for this post. What person would want to elect someone they despised? I think Hillary has been wishy-washy over Iraq and has been incredibly calculated and crafty in her plans to get elected in '08. I just don't trust her. I like Obama so far on the Dem side, despite only being a senator for a few years, I think his message of hope resonates with people on a personal level. That is what Hillary is missing. Don't we want a president who inspires us to be better people and have hope for the future, instead of some crafty career politician? The choice is simple to me.
How has Hillary been wishy-washy over Iraq? I understand she voted for the war, has realized we went to war under false pretences, and wants to pull out before we get anymore of our boys killed and maimed for a BS cause.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 PM

752 posts, read 595,450 times
Quote:
Haha! Well, who knows, maybe he'll run for office...
Egads! Can you imagine the scene where President Jeremy does the State of the Union address?

My fellow Americans, I need to get out of these wet clothes...

[cue slap bass] Baow chicka baow baow!

Old 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,493,747 times
You might want to check this book out of the library before you cast your vote for Rudy.

Grand Illusion: The Untold Story of Rudy Giuliani and 9/11 (Hardcover)
by Wayne Barrett, Dan Collins

I heard a good interview with the authors, and lived in the fair Apple during the Mayor's 911 term and this book blew my mind.

Quote:
If Rudy runs, I'm voting for him.

Anyone else, and I vote for Hillary.

Sorry, most republicans are just stupid, lol. I refuse to even debate the topic anymore. They are hell bent on destroying our country and everything it stands for. Rudy is the only one that I think might be able to handle the responsibility.

-TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies