Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,406,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Obama on the other hand I feel sold out the day he decided to go overseas to run for office with numerous biased news agencies. The video of the first interview with CBS clearly shows what editing can do and the point of the trip. He constantly fumbles over himself but with editing he looks very sure of himself and reasonable in his approaches. When left on his own he comes up with civialian armies that range in the 500,000 range that require 500 billion a year to run..realistic I think not....right along with so many of his other very wonderful absolutely perfect ideas....I seriously think he either doesn't have a clue or expects everyone else not to. IMO of course.
*chuckle* Well, at least it'll be the youngest of the country that elect him and will endure the consequences of their decisions for years to come...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 04:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,394,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Why not first appear before Congress and find out what questions they have? It could be something so simple as Congress wants to know if Karl bought his own lunch at the cafeteria while in Washington or if some friend actually paid for it?

Also why is there spin on this “look over there ~ Bill got a bj while in the White House"; Bill was wrong then and nothing makes it right. Why compare or try and spin Karl with anyone else ~ isn’t he responsible for his own actions or not?
Yeah but if you'll look into the reasoning behind the investigations with the AG and the 9 attorneys being fired....it's all about those. But everyone conveniently forgot Clinton removed 40 if I remember correctly sitting attorneys. I know it was over 30 but less than 50. So being accused of wrong doing for 9 seems more than inadequate for a response from the president/rove. If you want to nit pick AG Gonzales ability to run the his job that's entirely different then going after every single policy, idea and person that represents Bush. They can't get him directly so they are searching as hard as they can for anything they can latch on to.

People whine about how much the impeachment of Clinton cost...Imagine how much the numerous oversight committees trying to bring the president down have cost....and for what?...attacking a policy of removing 9 attorneys he has 100% of a right to do....hardly bi partisan.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,950,962 times
Quote:
So didn’t Karl Rove appear before Congress yet? I thought he was one of those good citizens of this country who understood that there are things that we must do when asked by our government? I guess he isn’t as good of a citizen as I would have thought.
I don't think that Karl Rove has proven at any point that he is a "good citizen". He is a brilliant political stategist/ master manipulator, he wins elections at all costs, when he's on your side, he's a hero, when he's on the other side he's the devil, he's Bill Belichick.

Quote:
You would think that the President Bush would just ask Karl to politely respect the wishes of Congress and answer a few questions. After all surely the President hasn’t got anything to hide from Congress or the American people?
Seems a little out of Bush's character to decide to go along with that whole idea of 3 branches of government all checking up on each other, isn't he the one who said this whole President thing would be a lot easier if America was a dictatorship? no need to worry about Congress then.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:59 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,330,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I don't think that Karl Rove has proven at any point that he is a "good citizen". He is a brilliant political stategist/ master manipulator, he wins elections at all costs, when he's on your side, he's a hero, when he's on the other side he's the devil, he's Bill Belichick.

Seems a little out of Bush's character to decide to go along with that whole idea of 3 branches of government all checking up on each other, isn't he the one who said this whole President thing would be a lot easier if America was a dictatorship? no need to worry about Congress then.

Bush doesnt worry about Congress same as Rove doesnt worry because this Congress led by Nancy Pelosi gives the word "weak" a whole new meaning .
Pelosi will do nothing but speeches as USUAL and Rove will laugh . Pelosi loves to say "Bush is that and this,etc" but she does nothing and for 2 years has said one thing and voted another.
Rove must have laughed non stop when he got the subpoena . I agree Bush doesnt believe in Congress but neither does Pelosi.
Speeches dont count action does.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,814,002 times
Yeah,,, it’s a sad day in America where possible crimes are taking place within the government and nobody can move forward in getting details and information from those who are asked to appear before Congress. The nation is truly lost when it comes to this.

It’s not a political left or right issue, nor is it a they did this back in the 90s or 80s thing, these are possible crimes and you don’t compare this to that and say it’s ok. Criminal acts are just that and are evaluated on their own. What Nixon did back in Watergate was then, what Clinton did was then, and this is now. This is what needs to be looked into without political excuses that. Congress wasted their time checking into drug use in baseball and spots, they wasted their time with details that were so unimportant yet they can’t get off the dime and drag the fatass back to Washington to answer questions. Maybe the real criminals are those in Congress for their failures to honor their responsibilities?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,406,973 times
Quote:
Yeah,,, it’s a sad day in America where possible crimes are taking place within the government and nobody can move forward in getting details and information from those who are asked to appear before Congress. The nation is truly lost when it comes to this.
That's the way politics works... and has always works. Only in fantasy-land do those things change.

Quote:
It’s not a political left or right issue,
Yes it is. Right is pro-more-executive-power, the left is anti.

Quote:
nor is it a they did this back in the 90s or 80s thing,
Yes it is. We look to the past to know what is or isn't acceptable. The law can't be changed willy-nilly.

Quote:
Criminal acts are just that and are evaluated on their own.
Criminal acts are violations of the law. If the left is acting lawfully, they can bring in the judiciary to compel Rove. You're really not well-read, are you?

Quote:
Maybe the real criminals are those in Congress for their failures to honor their responsibilities?
...Or their irrational attempt to consume executive resources unlawfully?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies