Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:23 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times

Advertisements

that poster says a lot of absurd things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What a silly comparison. Kids often don't realize the things they are doing can be dangerous; if you're an adult and don't know that things will hurt you then you have some serious problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What a silly comparison. Kids often don't realize the things they are doing can be dangerous; if you're an adult and don't know that things will hurt you then you have some serious problems.
Simple question with a simple answer. The rationale for inflicting physical punishment was that the child was at risk of harm. Adults do things all the time that places themselves at risk. Is the same approach appropriate, or perhaps more severe since as you point out an adult should know better?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:39 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd.316 View Post
I am a 14 yr. old girl and i know what its like to be spanked in school.
I can't wait for the next installment of this creative writing endeavor.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
the funniest thing is that it's liberals who are anti spanking. liberals are in love with abortion, but if you pat your child in the butt, you are a monster. got to love those rational liberals.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
does your husband beat you when you do things that are dangerous?
spanking is not beating, period!!!!

Boy when you guys want to prove a point you take things all the way to the other end of the spectrum...

Beating someone is unforgivable

spanking a child is not beating them

now, if you want to do something, why don't you take all that wasted energy and rally against people who really do beat up their kids and abuse them?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
spanking is not beating, period!!!!

Boy when you guys want to prove a point you take things all the way to the other end of the spectrum...

Beating someone is unforgivable

spanking a child is not beating them

now, if you want to do something, why don't you take all that wasted energy and rally against people who really do beat up their kids and abuse them?
What the distinction? Part of the body struck? Instrument used -- a belt is spanking a whip is beating? Severity of injuries -- black & blue is OK but no broken bones? Isn't the purpose of both to get your way using physical coercion and intimidation?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:00 PM

once again, love abortion, but not a little tap on the bottom.

Quote:
What the distinction? Part of the body struck? Instrument used -- a belt is spanking a whip is beating? Severity of injuries -- black & blue is OK but no broken bones? Isn't the purpose of both to get your way using physical coercion and intimidation?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Simple question with a simple answer. The rationale for inflicting physical punishment was that the child was at risk of harm. Adults do things all the time that places themselves at risk. Is the same approach appropriate, or perhaps more severe since as you point out an adult should know better?
Well if my son was playing with the electric socket after I told him no - I'd hit him.

If an adult was playing with the electric socket I'd have them committed so I guess the "hits" become less physical once you realize the putting themselves at risk is being done intentionally.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
will you PLEASE GET a grip...no one in their right mind would use a stick or a whip to spank their children, and no one in their right mind would give spank their children till they are black and blue....this is exactly what I mean...Broken bones????? are you nuts?

When and if your descriptions above happen, this is when a child should be taken away from a parent and the parent should be put away, for life. Dispicable that you would compare this kind of abuse to spanking a child...geese louise, I just cannot beleive the exhaugerations you people will use to prove a point about spanking...

I spaked my son 3 times in his life....never EVER did I break a bone, cause him to be black and blue,or anything near what you have described. You guys never cease to amaze me....

You really need to get a grip and go after the real people who would hurt a child in the manner you have described. That doesn't happen from a spanking my friend...

SPANKING IS NOT BEATING

Old 04-09-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
will you PLEASE GET a grip...no one in their right mind would use a stick or a whip to spank their children, and no one in their right mind would give spank their children till they are black and blue....this is exactly what I mean...Broken bones????? are you nuts?

When and if your descriptions above happen, this is when a child should be taken away from a parent and the parent should be put away, for life. Dispicable that you would compare this kind of abuse to spanking a child...geese louise, I just cannot beleive the exhaugerations you people will use to prove a point about spanking...

I spaked my son 3 times in his life....never EVER did I break a bone, cause him to be black and blue,or anything near what you have described. You guys never cease to amaze me....

You really need to get a grip and go after the real people who would hurt a child in the manner you have described. That doesn't happen from a spanking my friend...

SPANKING IS NOT BEATING
You need a realty check. Those things happen all the time and the parents are as smugly sanctimonious about the harm inflicted as you are. The line is intentional physical coercion, after you cross that it's just different degrees of violence. Denials in bold and italics are still just denials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies