Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I think more men should stand up to these animals. If a woman ties to atack him, he should turn the tables. Men are definitely trapped and domesticated if kids were involved. He would then be a woman's pet.
How many times now is that, with you referring to women as animals? I've been watching this pattern in your posts. Somehow I think your problems finding a woman might have a LOT more to do with your attitudes about women, vs your being childfree by choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
How many times now is that, with you referring to women as animals? I've been watching this pattern in your posts. Somehow I think your problems finding a woman might have a LOT more to do with your attitudes about women, vs your being childfree by choice.
Yes, which is why I resent childed girls for making my dating pool so low. I'm very threatened by them. Having kids is a crime. If a woman claims she's childfree but changes her mind and tries to get me to have a child with her, that's a crime.

I find those women very unattractive, desparate, and too demeaning. They show more love to kids than their men.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:57 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Yes, which is why I resent childed girls for making my dating pool so low. I'm very threatened by them. Having kids is a crime. If a woman claims she's childfree but changes her mind and tries to get me to have a child with her, that's a crime.
Do you have multiple accounts, because you're spouting the same line one "LAFan" does.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Now that's a new angle.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
They show more love to kids than their men.
I think that's a stale argument with the folks your arguing against.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do you have multiple accounts, because you're spouting the same line one "LAFan" does.
This is LAFan. I requested a new username change. I was getting tired of my old username, so I requested to change it. I only have one account, and its this.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Jilted Bride Awarded $150K After Wedding Called Off - News Story - WSB Atlanta

1) You want to marry but find out something BAD about your wife-to-be and break off the wedding. You are stuck with owing $150k..

2) You marry and your wife cheats on you and you divorce. You STILL owe half your assets to her...

3) You marry, your wife cheats on you and has a baby that isn't yours. You STILL owe for child support and half your assets.

Does that mean the wife can do absolutely anything, short of murder, and still get everything in the end??? Does America hate men that much? That even when it isn't their fault, its still their fault?
First off, if you wish to change this aspect of the times, you will either need a lobby or your own special interest group. If you are a woman you can join NOW, if you are an African-American you can join the NAACP, if you are Asian there are several Asian rights groups, in fact if you are a little person you can join the LPA, however if you are a man in todays world, you suck it up.

One of the reasons I suspect things are this way is that in the past, while men certainly dominated the work place as well as things like academics, social/status groups, etc... times are indeed changing. In the past men were expected to provide for and be responsible for his family and his wife, he "cared for them". Today the world is a much different place and the traditional roles of man and woman in our society have drastically changed. Consequently, the laws have not caught up to this aspect of change we are now experiencing but they are changing. For example, domestic disputes in most states end up with both parties going to jail unless there is a clear indication of one harming the other.

I also happen to think that some of this is a reflection of the needs of a society. Since we no longer have the same need for the "blue collar" type of male as much as we did in the past, (after all, America's biggest export is dollars, not washing machines or automobiles) there is less emphasis on the importance or weight given to this class of citizen. Many of todays men are much like their female counterparts, sitting in styling salons, getting their nails done, flipping through the latest issue of GQ to discover the hottest fragrance of the day. Even our entertainment and television reflects this to some degree with the male often depicted as the dumb oaf that the well educated and hard working wife belittles at every turn of the program. While I think these examples are often distorted from the reality of it, they do depict what many people desire.

I don't think America hates men, it just does not need them as it used to. You as a man now have a much lower "economic viability rating", than you did in the past, so either form your own males rights groups or advocacy or suck it up and get your nails done...(chuckling)

Old 07-24-2008, 02:11 PM

That's funny...

Donate to the cause
FOXNews.com - Constitutional Dilemma Surrounding Ladies' Night - FOX Fan

Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
TNHillTopper... its true and sad at the same time, its sad that you have to have a "men's advocacy group" to do the right thing... I think laws should be simplified... you cheat on someone, you lose all rights to their income.... you cheat and have someone else's baby, you lose all rights to their income and child support.... It should be regardless of whether you are male or female on either side, its sad that it isn't like this way now... we need a "men's rights advocacy group"...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Funny, it seems many courts found it unconstitutional to have "Ladies' Night" but then New Jersey created a law "promoting" sexism... I wonder if people would think its okay if the promoted other -isms....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies