Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The evidence is that a former WHPS admitted that Bushco regularly gives talking points to Fox
Is this the guy trying to sell his book? He has no credibility at all - except with the left.

Again, you call them talking points. It really is just information the WH, or candidates, or politicians WANT the news orgs to consider and report on. This is another red herring by the left-wing and their willing accomplice MSNBC.

Are there specific EXAMPLES of what they allege? Did McCllelan give any examples?

Did you guys even listen to the tape? He said he separated the journalists from the commentators, he said the WH would get THEIR side of a a story out, he said that others (dems) do it as well.

Last edited by sanrene; 07-25-2008 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is this the guy trying to sell his book? He has no credibility at all - except with the left.
He was their "boy" before he started telling the truth. How quickly they forget.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Interesting. What is the agenda of Fox News?
The agenda of Fox Noos is to keep "the base" angry, frightened, selfish, and ignorant, and self-righteously so.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Default McClellan: White House gave FOX commentators talking points

Well as many have often joked about how Fox News repeated the talking points that were issued by the White House to further advance the causes and desires of the current administration, it now seems this is true.

We all know that every administration wants to do its best about getting its message it wants put forth to be spread as best it can. In this case however, we have a situation where the White House and a private News organization have acted in unison in what for all intents and purposes is a propaganda arm of the government. I feel it is wrong that they did it and it would be wrong no matter which news organization did it as it is too eerily reminiscent of the late 1930's Europe.

Crooks and Liars » McClellan: White House gave FOX commentators talking points

Quote:
Matthews: “Did you see FOX television as a tool when you were in the White House? As a useful avenue to get your message out?â€

McClellan: “I make a distinction between the journalists and the commentators. Certainly there were commentators and other, pundits at FOX News, that were useful to the White House.†[…] That was something we at the White House, yes, were doing, getting them talkng points and making sure they knew where we were coming from.

Matthews: “So you were using these commentators as your spokespeople.â€

McClellan: “Well, certainly.â€
Don't hold your breath folks, MSNBC and CNN's entertainment propaganda isn't anymore sophisticated, it is only glazed over in the fun of beating the dead horse that is this administration.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:40 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,788 times
Default Fox News/Bush propaganda machine gets busted

Watch
this. Can't say I'm shocked, but still. Doesn't give me a good feeling.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
LOL......yeah he doesn't have an agenda...

The fin moron says....I think it goes both ways....

And yet you try to spin this along with the moronic leftist as Fox is the bad guy out of all that.

LOL

Then they interview people from Air America....LOL

And then they ask her for her opinion on her ties to the democratic party.....man this is getting thick in here.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Great link thanks I am glad they had my favorite Chris Matthews. I think Olberman is lame his claim to fame is "I am not Bill Oreilly"

but yes didnt shock me at all that FOX is a speaker for Bush

Old 07-26-2008, 02:44 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Watch
this. Can't say I'm shocked, but still. Doesn't give me a good feeling.
That's why Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are the three stooges of broadcast journalism.

But, with the dumbification of America brings a very lucrative marketing niche for news-atainment like this. Right alongside "making money from home" ads.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Do you seriously think this is unbiased media reporting?

You can't even remotely look at that and not see the jealousy from losing all their ratings to fox.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:15 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Do you seriously think this is unbiased media reporting?

You can't even remotely look at that and not see the jealousy from losing all their ratings to fox.
There is a difference between being biased or even partisan and being a tool of the government. (ie a propaganda arm)

I have come to believe that the fourth estate has now become the fifth column that is as easily manipulated and engaged in furthering its own agenda as it is about its flippant disregard for objectivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies