Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,360,857 times

Advertisements

I may to if I was a conspiracy theorist.

If it wasn't coming from the folks in the #3 (far far away) I might give them more credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 04:40 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,154,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I may to if I was a conspiracy theorist.

If it wasn't coming from the folks in the #3 (far far away) I might give them more credibility.
Considering it was coming from the former White House press secretary that garnished undue adulation during his tenure in front of the press but is now considered more vile than herpes because he betrayed their faith.

One would think that a Fox news/entertainment viewer might be upset or concerned that they didn't simply promote the views of a particular political persuasion but instead acted more like something from the desires of Goebbels. Makes no difference which news/entertainment outlet acted in this manner as it was a gross misuse of public trust to further partisanship and personal gain, but it is sad that people will attempt to rationalize and justify this because criticism comes from the opposition.

It is like watching people trying to justify the rape of a child because they agree with NAMBLA.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:47 PM

So his book deal has no bearing (best seller)? His ability to even bring in income from that book has him now with an unbiased opinion?

I watched him in front of the oversight committee....he avoided every question possible. Then leaves and comes out with his own book....

Yup no agenda there.

Comparing this to rape is a joke at best.

I guess you also missed the part where he says both sides. when put on the spot.

They didn't play that part long they focused one 1/2 of his statement.

Don't believe me watch again.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 07-26-2008 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-26-2008, 04:58 PM

As soon as he says something that doesn't meet his agenda "hardball host" he interrupts and "moves on"

Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 PM

5:00 minutes....

Old 07-26-2008, 05:04 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,326,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Considering it was coming from the former White House press secretary that garnished undue adulation during his tenure in front of the press but is now considered more vile than herpes because he betrayed their faith.

One would think that a Fox news/entertainment viewer might be upset or concerned that they didn't simply promote the views of a particular political persuasion but instead acted more like something from the desires of Goebbels. Makes no difference which news/entertainment outlet acted in this manner as it was a gross misuse of public trust to further partisanship and personal gain, but it is sad that people will attempt to rationalize and justify this because criticism comes from the opposition.

It is like watching people trying to justify the rape of a child because they agree with NAMBLA.
----------
I find it unreal that FOX has such high ratings and it does . I base it on the amt of people I know who watch it.
Its unreal its a mouth piece for the Dick Cheney type GOP

Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------
I find it unreal that FOX has such high ratings and it does . I base it on the amt of people I know who watch it.
Its unreal its a mouth piece for the Dick Cheney type GOP

Point, set, match.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:45 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,754,913 times
Default McClellan: Bush Administration Controls Agenda on Fox News

I can just hear all the pundits that counted on Fox for their daily dose of 'fair and balanced' cringing right now. How could this be????? They seemed so sincere! O'Reilly just recently calling talk of 'torture' Anti-American.

What a disgrace of a news source. I put more stock into Al-Jazeera than I do Fox News.

YouTube - Fox News Busted

Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,482,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
I can just hear all the pundits that counted on Fox for their daily dose of 'fair and balanced' cringing right now. How could this be????? They seemed so sincere! O'Reilly just recently calling talk of 'torture' Anti-American.

What a disgrace of a news source. I put more stock into Al-Jazeera than I do Fox News.

YouTube - Fox News Busted
Ouch. That's not going to be good for business.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,572,060 times
They all issue talking points to evry network. That;s just part of responding to news enquires.Every presidentail campaign gives out talking point even to teh extent that they give them to supporters who might be interviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies