Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
A broom stick shoved up his rectum and the cops on duty do NOTHING .

Yes with "respect" like that who needs enemies.
hahahaha and thats the people who claim to "Protect and serve"[/quote]

No one is saying "all police are exemplary people"....and no one is defending the 'bad cop'....they do exist, and nobody's happy with that. The topic of the thread, however, isn't whether 'cops' are nice people..it's whether the police are "twice as bad as gangs"...and to that question, the answer is "NO"...the police are not "twice as bad" as gangs, they aren't even "AS BAD" as gangs, period. It's a silly question, and will earn you lots of silly replies.

If you have a 'beef' with the police, by all means, discuss it...but to say that this makes them 'worse than gangs' is ludicrous.

By the way, when cops misbehave, we at LEAST have a process by which to file a complaint. What are we supposed to do when "gangs" misbehave? File a complaint with the 'head gangster'? Ask that the guy who mistreated us be 'suspended' from gang-banging for thirty days?

Ridiculous thread...ridiculous discussion...and it makes it all the harder to seriously discuss REAL cases of police abuse, when such 'kindergarten' arguments are made. ("MY teacher is the MEANEST TEACHER in the Whole Wide WORLD ! She's WORSE than ADOLF HITLER").....ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 AM

146 posts, read 224,202 times
Ahhhhh, i get it...your a cop!....Well of coarse a cop would say that...Im also guessing you dont live in too bad of a neighborhood....I mean ive seen the worst kind of police brutality and it makes me wonder if this thread is indeed as silly as you claim it to be....Im sure there are some crooked cops in your bureau that you are fully aware of heck, you might be one of em, but you turn a blind eye to them...The ones we most fear are the ones sworn to protect us...this ive learned at a very young age Mr. big bad wolf......

Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
I just caught this thread. Yes the cops are thugs. I dont know about picking on NYPD or LAPD specifically.

The only thing more dangerous then the cops are those who like and trust them. Those who trust them have never been shaken down because of the way they look or they never had a family member who those thugs shot for no reason. I post regularly in a police corruption forum, a forum simular to this one. I wont name the site but will leave you with this shocking serious crime scene.
Attached Thumbnails
Are the police twice as bad as gangs?-police-nightmare.jpg  

Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Disciple View Post
Ahhhhh, i get it...your a cop!....Well of coarse a cop would say that...Im also guessing you dont live in too bad of a neighborhood....I mean ive seen the worst kind of police brutality and it makes me wonder if this thread is indeed as silly as you claim it to be....Im sure there are some crooked cops in your bureau that you are fully aware of heck, you might be one of em, but you turn a blind eye to them...The ones we most fear are the ones sworn to protect us...this ive learned at a very young age Mr. big bad wolf......
Let's break this down.

1. You are in Cleveland. Currently one of the most crime ridden areas in America today.
2. You're not educated. (You misspelled "you're", "course", "I'm", "I've", etc.)
3. You choose the name gangsta because you obviously admire them... and therefore have no realistic societal idea of what law and order really is supposed to mean.
4. You've seen the worst kind of police brutality, but give accolades to those that break down law and order, so you should be supporting corrupt cops.

All that leads to extreme ignorance and social dysfunction. That makes just about anything that comes from you irrelevant, ill-informed, and totally against anything that would improve society. Let me ask you a question, what have you done to improve the situation of corrupt law enforcement at all other than complain about it? Hmm? That's what I thought. Just sit there, look ignorant and smile... we can figure the rest out.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
There are some bad police officers. Are there any good gang bangers?

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
In the 20's and 30's a significant portion of the population considered the gangsters and others to be heros or at least better than the cops. There was a reason for that...

Old 08-12-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
In the 20's and 30's a significant portion of the population considered the gangsters and others to be heros or at least better than the cops. There was a reason for that...
Sure. They stole goods and provided them to the people to get their allegiance. This kept the people quiet so they could continue their criminal enterprise. Don't mistake that for altruism.

I would also say there is still a portion of the population that thinks that - criminals.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:54 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Sure. They stole goods and provided them to the people to get their allegiance. This kept the people quiet so they could continue their criminal enterprise. Don't mistake that for altruism.

I would also say there is still a portion of the population that thinks that - criminals.
Not quite. I suggest you read some history about things that were going on at the time. Lots of police stepping on rights going on at the time, and people fed up with it. The days of the Pinkertons inciting riots to kill people weren't quite over...but there were different players.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Not quite. I suggest you read some history about things that were going on at the time. Lots of police stepping on rights going on at the time, and people fed up with it. The days of the Pinkertons inciting riots to kill people weren't quite over...but there were different players.
I never said all police were good. You're talking about some bad police, which I've never heard anyone dispute. Please show me some gangsters that are not criminals.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:09 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I never said all police were good. You're talking about some bad police, which I've never heard anyone dispute. Please show me some gangsters that are not criminals.
Don't hold your breath...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies