Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:09 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times

Advertisements

I wanted to shoot our lawnmower once.....but then he finished the lawn and came inside for dinner

16 yo g'son
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 04:23 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If the man lived way out in the sticks and his nearest neighbor was a mile away I would agree with you.
Discharging a firearm in town is reckless. Killing the lawnmower was funny but stupid.
That said a few years ago in Kingston or Forty-fort PA we had a group of police officers fire over 30 rounds trying to stop a chainsaw wielding lunatic. He was only hit a few times but the surrounding houses seemed like bullet magnets. Pretty sure every one of those cops should have had their weapons confiscated. The man was about 10 feet away......
That incident occurred on River Street in Forty-Fort PA, the guys name was Henkle and he was attacking the local police with a running chainsaw. There were over forty 9mm rounds fired and many of them hit nearby houses. The incident was a disgrace to local law enforcement! Henkle was drunk ans should have been taken down by as few as rounds as possible, as the location was a residential neighborhood 100 feet from the Susquehanna River, Henkle had no where to go but down! Fortunately, no other civilians were injured or killed!

Old 07-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Again, we're working with limited info here.

Was he "within the confines of a municipality"?
Apparently so, otherwise he would not have been arrested for shooting his lawn mower!

Old 07-26-2008, 04:28 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
My truck better be on his good behavior! I don't think they'll arrest me if I take im out in the woods and shoot!!
LOL the only thing that's kept me from shooting my laptop with its crappy wireless conection is because all my friends live in it

Old 07-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Never heard that one. Must be a specific state thing. Most states can't enforce traffic laws on private property until after there is an accident caused and it is mostly as a matter of civil dispute resolution. For instance, traffic laws in private parking lots are not enforced by police as they are not within establishment of public law. Though, if you run a stop sign and hit another car, litigation will use them to establish fault.
Good post and relevant points! Thanks!

Old 07-26-2008, 05:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
I am surprised none of you guys have those no motor push mowers . I have one love it easy and actually works no motor no noise no BS as far as starting.

I have a small yard so its no big deal works great but if you have a yard with hills its a pain and it wont remove the cut grass (I just leave it there no big deal pouring rains carry it away )
I didnt buy it to go "green" just didnt need a gas mower . If your yard is big might not be best idea but it does cut grass and evenly

Old 07-26-2008, 05:27 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am surprised none of you guys have those no motor push mowers . I have one love it easy and actually works no motor no noise no BS as far as starting.

I have a small yard so its no big deal works great but if you have a yard with hills its a pain and it wont remove the cut grass (I just leave it there no big deal pouring rains carry it away )
I didnt buy it to go "green" just didnt need a gas mower . If your yard is big might not be best idea but it does cut grass and evenly
I pushed one of those old style ones so much as a kid that I wince everytime I see one!! Hopefully the newer ones are lighter and sharper.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:35 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
I have a Scotts type and love it easy and truly cuts . You can adjust cutting level no maintanence needed . The blades work .
I oil the blades once in blue moon but again my yard is small and flat as for big yards it could be a pain.

infact going to use it now as its "cooling " off lol

Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
I just hire Mexicans.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 PM

01Snake
Quote:
I just hire Mexicans.
Uhh..., what happens when the Mexicans don't start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies