U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 04:56 PM

699 posts, read 2,306,684 times

Advertisements

You have every right to sue for being excluded from an organization because you are white. I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing that...but it's not unthinkable. If you're upset about it and it really bothers you and makes you feel discriminated against then take action, as civil rights acitivists in the past have done. It sounds like some people simply are looking for something to complain about, and sadly enough their hidden racism shines through when they do complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 05:05 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,369,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
You have every right to sue for being excluded from an organization because you are white. I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone doing that...but it's not unthinkable. If you're upset about it and it really bothers you and makes you feel discriminated against then take action, as civil rights acitivists in the past have done. It sounds like some people simply are looking for something to complain about, and sadly enough their hidden racism shines through when they do complain.

WAIT a minute, lol.

This guy was excluded because he was white, and you're talking about HIS racism? lmao

Whew, it really is rampant.

-TT

Old 01-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Yes, I'm talking about HIS racism. I'm sorry to tell you that white people have had the advantage over other races for a long long time...people of color have been used as slaves, bought and sold, and held in poverty. So yes, there is an acceptance of excluding whites from the Black Caucus and other such groups because of our history. My message to the poster earlier was mostly sarcasm, because I seriously doubt he wants to join an all black group and I'm doubtful that he feels the pain of discrimination because he's excluded for his skin color. It just doesn't work in reverse, and we all know why whether we admit it or not.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:22 PM

597 posts, read 1,789,680 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm talking about HIS racism. I'm sorry to tell you that white people have had the advantage over other races for a long long time...people of color have been used as slaves, bought and sold, and held in poverty. So yes, there is an acceptance of excluding whites from the Black Caucus and other such groups because of our history. My message to the poster earlier was mostly sarcasm, because I seriously doubt he wants to join an all black group and I'm doubtful that he feels the pain of discrimination because he's excluded for his skin color. It just doesn't work in reverse, and we all know why whether we admit it or not.
Wow, you can't be serious, can you??? Only whites are racist!?!? You need to seriously re-evaluate what consitutes discrimation/racism. Let me give you a few quotes and you tell me how they aren't racist/discriminatory toward whites:

Tyson Leroy Brown (21-year-old Spokane, Washington, black man after walking up to a white student, knocking him unconscious and kicking him)—“I should have kicked him until he’d never get up … I’m a racist, and I hate all you white boys.” [Rob McDonald, Cops Say Student Attacked Because of Color, Spokesman-Review (Spokane), Nov. 19, 2005.]

Sharpe James (mayor of Newark, New Jersey referring to his light-skinned black opponent in the 2002 Democratic primary)—“the ****** white boy.” [Deroy Murdock, “Dems Need to Houseclean” National Review Online, January 6, 2003.]

Khalid Abdul Muhammed (former assistant to Louis Farrakhan—current leader of the New Black Panther Party)—’Hollywood is owned by these so-called Jews. Look at the movies they make about us, Black people killing Black people. Let’s make some revolutionary movies where we kill white people in the movie. Kill ‘em so hard you have to cover up your popcorn from the blood spraying out of the screen.” [Speech at San Francisco State University, May 21, 1997.]

Charles Barron (New York City Councilman, on the subject of reparations for slavery)—“I want to go up to the closest white person and say: ‘You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health.” [Deroy Murdock, “Dems Need to Houseclean” National Review Online, January 6, 2003.]

Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 PM

You need to remember that we're the race that has oppressed other races...I realize I didn't commit these attrocities, but reality is that we live in the resulting society and I think we can be bigger people than what it sounds like we as a race are trying to be. Can you blame these people for hating whites? Watch the movie Rosewood. You'll understand...it certainly changed my views on the subject.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You need to remember that we're the race that has oppressed other races...I realize I didn't commit these attrocities, but reality is that we live in the resulting society and I think we can be bigger people than what it sounds like we as a race are trying to be. Can you blame these people for hating whites? Watch the movie Rosewood. You'll understand...it certainly changed my views on the subject.
Actually, I saw the movie Rosewood many years ago and it's a sad story. But, we must not forget that the vast majority of people today have never experienced this type of thing and today's generation of blacks and other minorities have way more opportunities than they ever did before and more so than most whites do today. Our country has purposely installed mechanisms in almost all facets of society that give preference to minorities (affirmative action, college admissions, race-based scholarships, special loans for minority businesses, etc). I could debate this all day long.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Hurray for minorities!! After all the **** they've endured - yes their ancestors have passed it down thru stories and lost opportunities - I think they deserve to have some preference for a change. I'm ashamed to be of the same race as someone who can't follow the fairness and logic of this. See ya, I'm through here.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Hurray for minorities!! After all the **** they've endured - yes their ancestors have passed it down thru stories and lost opportunities - I think they deserve to have some preference for a change. I'm ashamed to be of the same race as someone who can't follow the fairness and logic of this. See ya, I'm through here.
Well, I'm ashamed to be of the same race as someone who can't follow the fairness and logic of abolishing racial preferences for all.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:00 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,369,363 times
Quote:
Slavery was a little bit further back than the atrocities my people experienced, and are STILL experiencing from time to time.

I'm an Irish(yeah yeah FFH, I know) Catholic. Take a trip to Ireland and THEN tell me my people are the ones oppressing others. Since the beginning of time SOMEBODY has been dumping on somebody else for various reasons. Ireland, Israel, we could fill up the server if we listed all the oppression that has occurred in this world.

All I know is I've never owned a slave, or killed a black person. I'm not going to inherit any money from my parents, and their parents didn't leave them anything either.

What you are doing is "racial profiling". You assume based on the color of my skin that I have had a better life than most minorities. You assume that I have had things handed to me because of the color of my skin. In the absense of this, I am normally a rational, open-minded person. To be honest, I'm not feelin the love for black people right now, lol.

This stuff has to stop. People are not being treated fairly, we're just shifting the racial hatred around. Uggh, I can't even continue this is getting me so aggravated. I know people that are Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Guyanese, Trinidadian, Portugese, Russian, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Israeli, and someone from Ghana. They ALL say the same things about American blacks. They absolutely HATE them. The guy from Ghana is black, eve HE hates them, lol.

The guy from Ghana has said "They always have their hand out, but they never want to use that hand to work for what they get. They are always looking to blame somebody for their misfortune", and I might be paraphrasing a bit, but I think it might be verbatim.

I'm not going to make any personal comments, simply because I'd rather not argue and don't want to be called a "racist", because I'm not. This is about culture, mindset, and attitude. However, isn't it amazing that people not even born in this country can walk in and come to this conclusion in less than a year? It's not "hate" speech either. Each of them has offered up valid reasons for their feelings, and it's only Americans. So it's really nothing to do with skin color.

Meanwhile, as a white American, I'm supposed to sit around with my mouth shut. So glad I'm the "majority". In no other country in the world does the "majority" tiptoe around the minority. I hope the mods don't delete this. I'm not trying to be hateful. I'm just saying, here is what some people I know think of you as a group, and why. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're black, it only has to do with your culture and attitude.

-TT

Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,508,075 times
I read this evening that Congressman Tom Tancredo from Denver is asking that all caucuses be disbanded that are based on racial lines. I doubt that this will make much news (it was on msnbc online).

Interestingly enough, I've been on a Black Caucus, twice--and although I tan well I am not considered a person of colour. The first time I was on a Black Caucus was in the 70s at my child's local elementary school. We were having some racial problems; I was the EVP of the Parents' Assocation and asked to join the caucus by the President (he was inter-racial). It was an extremely fascinating experience to be the "other." We did resolve the issues that existed in the school and the caucus disbanded. The President and I credited the success to our "pooling our resources" and "unity" of purpose.

More recently I was a part of a Black Caucus, again one of a small number of olive skinned members, regarding public health and in particular issues surrounding an increase in HIV/AIDS among people of colour and how to address it. This was a less positive experience for me--but one I honoured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies