Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 08:53 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I don't think children should be allowed at movies, or restaurants, until they are of a certain age. nothing more annoying than kids turning pf changs into chuck e. cheese.
jm,

Sounds like you really don't like kids...

What I find utterly annoying is the people who are so self-centered and full of themselves that they can't remember what it's like to be a kid and don't have the emotional maturity to understand that kids will always be kids, and to show a little patience now and then...

I actually get amused when I see a single or couple who are obviously annoyed by the 3 year old in the booth next door occasionally getting excited and talking loudly or giggling... I like to watch the different shades of red that their faces go thru. My wife and I just watch and smile at each other - having gone thru that with 3 kids of our own, we're very understanding and sympathetic toward the young mom and dad... We smile or say 'Hi' to the youngster if they happen to invade our space - we don't get frigid like some I've seen...

Not talking about anyone in particular ...

HubbleRules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 09:07 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would not have any problem with people and kids if more places did that. When people pay for a nice quiet evening at a restuarant and a movie, they should not be subjected to screaming children and slobs yelling on cell phones.
and the parents have the right to have fun also, dont they??

Old 08-03-2008, 09:10 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, its unfortunate that bad parents have to get advice from others at all.
I believe there was a lot of advice from parents, as well.

We all know what bad behavior looks like, no matter what our breeding status.
Breeding status

Old 08-03-2008, 09:52 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
and the parents have the right to have fun also, dont they??
Not at my expense, they don't.
I don't believe anyone enjoys screaming kids in a public venue.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Breeding status
Your point? Is this an inaccurate description?

Old 08-03-2008, 09:59 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Is not on your expense,, they are paying like everybody else...

Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Your point? Is this an inaccurate description?
Yes, it is an inaccurate description. It's crude and used to describe animals, not human beings.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would not have any problem with people and kids if more places did that. When people pay for a nice quiet evening at a restuarant and a movie, they should not be subjected to screaming children and slobs yelling on cell phones.
KevK,

I agree that when the parents let the kids get out of control to the point where they're running thru the isles, that it is NOT acceptable. I blame the parents for that - they probably don't care about their kids or the other patrons...

By the way, have you ever asked someone on a cell phone to leave? Rude people on cell phones are my pet peve. On more than one occasion when we have been out at a restaurant and there's someone next to us speaking loudly on a cell phone as if they're the only one in the place, I sometimes retaliate. If I don't yell out for them to please take their conversation outside, I will take out my cell phone, go stand near them, and pretent to have to take a call from work and have a loud, ficticious conversation about an emergcy at work I make sure that I speak loudly in their direction, and I don't stop until I see them start to look at me and squirm in their seats. It usually only takes a few minutes to get my point across.

I've actually been tempted to buy a cell phone jammer - but they're expensive and illegal.

HubbleRules

Old 08-03-2008, 11:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Yes, it is an inaccurate description. It's crude and used to describe animals, not human beings.
Just consider the source!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
They are paying like you are -

And heck - we have been known to go over and offer to help - sometimes the little distractions is all it takes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies