Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I know, this person is comparing their actions to a childs behavior. Totally pointless arguing with people who are careless and don't understand.
How is it pointless? If I behaved in such a manner I would be asked to leave. Same should go for a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
How is it pointless? If I behaved in such a manner I would be asked to leave. Same should go for a child.
Well, lets see, are you a child or an adult? If you are 2, which I am assuming you are not by how well you can spell, I would be ok if you acted up at the theater, but if you were an adult and had a meltdown, well, I would think you were psycho

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Are you then saying that being 2 and having a meltdown in a theater is appropriate behavior, especially during a night time R rated film?

This is all about appropriate behavior in social settings.

Old 08-03-2008, 04:23 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
cjma, can you please use a spell check and some grammar software? You're very difficult to read.
I am sorry for my bad behavior....english is my second language...

You're making things up now, appropriate behavior is appropriate behavior.
I am sorry, but I am a doctor, my wife is a pediatrician, what are you,, but it sound that you are the one making things up.. are you atleast a psychologist??

A 2-year old throwing tantrums is not appropriate.
not appropriate??? what the hell are you talking about.. Temper Tantrums are normal behavior of a 2-3 yo... please read something
Temper tantrums: How to keep the peace - MayoClinic.com
Temper Tantrums-Topic Overview
A temper tantrum is an immature way of expressing anger. No matter how calm and gentle a parent you are, your child will probably throw some tantrums. Try to teach your child that temper tantrums don't work and that you don't change your mind because of them. By 3 years of age, you can begin to teach your child to verbalize his feelings.
Pediatric Advisor 2006.2: Temper Tantrums (http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_btantrum_hhg.htm - broken link)
Please you just showed how little you know about childrens..

You don't take them outside if that's the general behavior pattern.
Ok, so temper tandrum(that every child has or had by age 2, including you) should not go out????

As parents, you don't get to do everything you once did depending on the developmental stage of your offspring.
Not true,, you can always have fun with the family, especially at rest...

If your spouse is a pediatrician, I would assume that there were classes discussing this topic during training.
classes??? what classes are you talking about???
And yes she knows about the topic including me(I did 3 months of peds, is part of the core rotation) and is normal behavior, not bad behavior.. especially temper tandrums,,, that is when they want something but cant express it or get his point across...

Old 08-03-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My parents are dead.

And I'm old enough to be responsible for my own behavior.
You apparently think it's a-ok for children to raise themselves without parental direction or involvement.
You can always teach your childrens,, that doesnt mean you are going to make a 2-3 yo toddler to behave normal 24/7,,
I am sorry of your lost....

Old 08-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
You cant expect a child(depending on his age) to behave like an adult... that is the difference

Old 08-03-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Are you then saying that being 2 and having a meltdown in a theater is appropriate behavior, especially during a night time R rated film?

Well first of all, a 2 year old should not be in a theater at night, especially an R rated movie, BUT a 2 year old is capable of having a meltdown, in any social setting, no matter how well behaved the child is. If you were a parent, you would understand, and even most people who are not parents, still understand. I guess children in Japan never have meltdowns, only American children because they are "speshul"

Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:

YES,,, IS NORMAL BEHAVIOR....
finally you are getting it...

Old 08-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Well first of all, a 2 year old should not be in a theater at night, especially an R rated movie, BUT a 2 year old is capable of having a meltdown, in any social setting, no matter how well behaved the child is. If you were a parent, you would understand, and even most people who are not parents, still understand. I guess children in Japan never have meltdowns, only American children because they are "speshul"
Trust me even in Japan, I have been in Japan...

Old 08-03-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
YES,,, IS NORMAL BEHAVIOR....
finally you are getting it...
Phew cjma, I believe our work here is done, FINALLY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies