U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:30 PM

1,151 posts, read 3,060,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
It should be respected the way any traitor's idol should, as toilet paper.

Ha ha, good one FFH!!

Some posters have mentioned they like Ted b/c he supports the troops, as suppose to other entertainers that don't. Hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM

Combine this:

Quote:
(And I know Nugent has made racist remarks about African Americans, e.g. saying in a Rolling Stone interview "I really don't like black people very much", well, if you don't, Ted, then why did you rip off your entire guitar style from Chuck Berry?)
And this:

Quote:
Ted Nugent says Gov. Rick Perry had no problem with his decision to wear a Confederate flag shirt during his appearance at last week's inaugural ball _ and even complimented his performance.
And what do you get?

Old 01-25-2007, 03:03 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,106,999 times
interesting that I just watched the movie Gettysburg the other night.There are different opinions on what the civil war was about,some say slavery was the main issue while others say states rights.

I've been up the east coast into New York several times and I can tell you that racism is even more pronounced in certain areas in the north,both by whites and blacks.My trip into D.C I was really treated rudely for no reason by alot of blacks,sly remarks to me at stores and gas stations while I heard some real rude things said by white New Yorkers about blacks

I know some who view it with southern pride showing the confederate flag,and some do not have racism in their mind about it,more as a cultural part of history.

But,too may times when I've seen racism as a issue,the flag is flown.Case in point...the Elian Gonzalez saga.I saw whites and blacks banded together on U.S1 protesting and the flag was flying along with signs like "one less Cuban,a million more to go" and such.Funny that blacks were a part of that flag that day because usually they see it as a symbol of racism also.

And then there were Cubans with there own signs and flying the American flag upside down,and the Cuban flag.

E pluribus unum............

Last edited by lionking; 01-25-2007 at 03:11 PM..

Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Seems like people want to forget history and always twist into a racist issue. Learn from history and try not to make the same mistakes.

>Nugent has expressed racist views.

When it's time to run who would you want on your side Ted Nugent types or Al Gore types?
He stands proud for who he is and a lot women are gald to watch him!
Ask Nugent's former bandmates how they enjoyed having Nugent "on their side." NOT!!!!!

BTW, Gore actually did serve in Vietnam. Nugent, OTOH, despite being in the age group to get drafted, dodged the draft. Which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for his attitude these days. I wouldn't hold this against him if it wasn't for his jingoistic attitude these days. One doesn't find Springsteen or Neil Young being enthusiastic cheerleaders for war

Old 01-25-2007, 03:10 PM

752 posts, read 593,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
interesting that I just watched the movie Gettysburg the other night.There are different opinions on what the civil war was about,some say slavery was the main issue while others say states rights.
It's probably a bit of both. But I reckon it was more territorial than anything. It seems implausible that such a fight would be put up over owning slaves.

Slavery or States Rights? The reasons for the Civil War are purely academic. The Confederacy was an anti-American, anti-Constitutional, traitorous enterprise. The stars and bars was it's banner. It baffles me why so many self-proclaimed patriots would regard that turncoat symbol without spitting.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:29 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,056,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ask Nugent's former bandmates how they enjoyed having Nugent "on their side." NOT!!!!!

BTW, Gore actually did serve in Vietnam. Nugent, OTOH, despite being in the age group to get drafted, dodged the draft. Which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for his attitude these days. I wouldn't hold this against him if it wasn't for his jingoistic attitude these days. One doesn't find Springsteen or Neil Young being enthusiastic cheerleaders for war
That's because many of the prominent people who are speaking out against this occupation actually fought in 'Nam and know firsthand how hellish war is- especially wars of choice. The chickenhawk draft-dodgers like Ted Nugent, Dick "Other Priorities" Cheney, and the rest of the lot just think it's fun and lucrative to play GI Joes with less fortunate people.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:32 PM

I think we are spoiling it for the "I love Nug" crowd we read from the start of this thread.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:43 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

How do you know he dodged the war? Gore served but, with his attuide these days he would not be the one I would run with my opinion. I didn't mention going to war, I meant if we have to run for cover on our own soil. I don't belive most of us are for war just for defending our right and freedom!!

Old 01-25-2007, 04:45 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I think we are spoiling it for the "I love Nug" crowd we read from the start of this thread.
You got that right!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 AM

919 posts, read 1,667,798 times
Ted is not timid on speaking his mind. hes consistant with his views, Id vote for him just for that. he doesnt do polls. he has a love for this country, you know where he stands. how many people have you folks helped like he has? any of you gone to visit the troops? at least you can understand his words, not like Ozzie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies