Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:01 PM

753 posts, read 756,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2FL View Post
I agree with Redwings... See, you are confused. The southern states were part of the constitution as well. The Constitution provides for the rights of the states and they challenged that. Both fought in a war and the war was fought in the south as to not mess up the north. MEmbers of the southern military were killed to. What Redwings is saying is that peopel are confused about why the war was started in the first place...and that's true. You are snowballing what he said.
You are wrong. The Constitution provided mechanisms for redress. The Confederates chose war.

The Confederacy rejected the US constitution and KILLED American soldiers. They were the enemy, no matter who apologizes for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:17 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,735,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
You are wrong. The Constitution provided mechanisms for redress. The Confederates chose war.

The Confederacy rejected the US constitution and KILLED American soldiers. They were the enemy, no matter who apologizes for them.
Stick to Scottland history or fighting hairdressers and leave the history to us. The Confederacy were sticking up for the rights of their states. You think Confederate soldiers weren't killed? Give me a break!

It was a war that literally pit brother against brother.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,540,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
How do you know he dodged the war? Gore served but, with his attuide these days he would not be the one I would run with my opinion. I didn't mention going to war, I meant if we have to run for cover on our own soil. I don't belive most of us are for war just for defending our right and freedom!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

"Nugent was draft age during the Vietnam war. In the December 15, 1990 issue of the Detroit Free Press Magazine, Nugent was quoted as saying that 30 days before his draft board physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days, he ingested nothing but Vienna sausages and Pepsi; and a week before his physical, he stopped using bathrooms altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with his own excrement, stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. "... but if I would have gone over there, I'd have been killed, or I'd have killed, or I'd killed all the hippies in the foxholes...I would have killed everybody." In a 2006 interview published in The Independent, Nugent denies ever saying (or doing) that. According to Nugent's current website, he enrolled at Oakland Community College and took a student deferment."

Nugent's yet another chickenhawk. I wouldn't care about his youthful draft dodging if he didn't have the views he has today. Furthermore,there is enough information out there to suggest that Ted may be at least a borderline pedophile, although it's up to a court of law to determine whether he truly is or not,so I'm not going to say he definitely is for sure. However, if I had a young daughter I wouldn't want her to be around Nugent based on what has been written about him.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,676,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Ha ha, good one FFH!!

Some posters have mentioned they like Ted b/c he supports the troops, as suppose to other entertainers that don't. Hmmm...

Sean Penn, Jane Fonda, Tim Robbins, Susan Surandon, and many more.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Stick to Scottland history or fighting hairdressers and leave the history to us. The Confederacy were sticking up for the rights of their states. You think Confederate soldiers weren't killed? Give me a break!

It was a war that literally pit brother against brother.
Do you boo-hoo so hard for McVeigh? The Confederates were traitors. They should consider themselves lucky that Sherman only burnt their homes.

So let's test your zeal for states rights. You all for the US dissolving now and becoming 50 independent nations? Do us all a favor.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Do you boo-hoo so hard for McVeigh? The Confederates were traitor scum. They should consider themselves lucky that Sherman only burnt their homes.
They were lucky that the North was led by a humane,moral man of good character like Lincoln who sought national reconciliation. The Confederates could very well have been hung en masse like the Jacobites were in 18th century Britain.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
They were lucky that the North was led by a humane,moral man of good character like Lincoln who sought national reconciliation. The Confederates could very well have been hung en masse like the Jacobites were in 18th century Britain.
As they should have. Civility is the better part of valor.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:57 PM

I've gotten some negative rep points for insulting the Stars & Bars.

Brilliant!

If I post a picture of a fat man in a confederate flag diaper, how many will that earn me?

I'll post if my reps go below 50...let the bidding start!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
As they should have. Civility is the better part of valor.
With a different US president, they legally could have been. There was common law president for hanging rebels, established by how George II, the Duke of Cumberland, and Pelham dealt with the Jacobites.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
With a different US president, they legally could have been. There was common law president for hanging rebels, established by how George II, the Duke of Cumberland, and Pelham dealt with the Jacobites.
They should have been. Stern treatment tends to dissuade traitors. Your history lesson is very appreciated, but I've walked every square meter of Culloden, thanks.

And the word you need is "precedent" not "president".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies