Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:42 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times

Advertisements

"Uncle" Teddy RTFO!

As far as I'm concerned the confederate flag issue depends on the context in which is used. If it's being used as a symbol of a hate group, then I disagree. If it is used because someone is proud of their southern heritage then I have no problem with it.

I have a close friend that is a police officer in Gary, Indiana. He has been accused of being racist because he has a confederate flag sticker on his POV. He is anything but a racist, he has it because he is proud of his southern heritage. It has nothing to do with him being a racist. In fact, he had a memorial tattoo of his former best friend/partner, who was killed in the line of duty and happened to be black, tattooed on his arm as a permanent memorial to honor him. I hardly think that a racist would honor a black man with a permanent memorial on his body.

Last edited by rdbeard5; 01-24-2007 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:48 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Nugent is great. He doesn't want or have to be politically correct. I don't hunt but he is a huge hunter and blood sport connesiour. I remember him going on Fox news for an interview of some sort and he whips out this HUGE folding hunting knife and starts peeling away and eating an apple or something. I thought E.D. Hill was going to run out of the studio.

The only french remark I remember him quoted as saying was "the only thing worse then a frenchman is a french-canadian". LOL, how true.
well he said this also.......

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/nugent.asp

when asked by a British journalist
"what do these deer think when they see you coming?Here comes the nice guy who puts out our dinner or there's the man who shot my brother".

Nugent replied..."I don't think they are capable of either of those thoughts,they are only interested in three things;the best place to eat,having sex and how quickly they can run away...much like the French".

Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Nugent is great. He doesn't want or have to be politically correct. I don't hunt but he is a huge hunter and blood sport connesiour. I remember him going on Fox news for an interview of some sort and he whips out this HUGE folding hunting knife and starts peeling away and eating an apple or something. I thought E.D. Hill was going to run out of the studio.

The only french remark I remember him quoted as saying was "the only thing worse then a frenchman is a french-canadian". LOL, how true.
Yet another way for him to turn off what audience he has left. Quebec has a large redneck/white trash population into hunting and many of the things Nugent is into - pretty much his target demographic - and by saying crap like that he's just pissing off more fans of his. (And I know Nugent has made racist remarks about African Americans, e.g. saying in a Rolling Stone interview "I really don't like black people very much", well, if you don't, Ted, then why did you rip off your entire guitar style from Chuck Berry?)

Nugent is the epitome of has beens.

You'd think since Texas has produced so much musical talent that Gov. Perry would have gotten an actual Texan to perform instead. Willie Nelson or Steve Earle would have been ideal ):

Old 01-24-2007, 06:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
majoun,if he said that in the Rolling Stone interview well then I'd disagree with him on that.And we (I) am not bashing all the French,I'll make opinions about people on a personal level where ever they are from,though France in general has been at odds with America at times which brings it on.

On another forum I frequent with many members from around the world,last 4th of July I posted happy 4th to the American members,most international members said congrats or whatever while a member from France just started ripping into me about American imperialism...sheesh.I don't mind disagreement about my countries policies but it was just showing a little pride.

btw,Im in general opposed to the confederate flag,too many times I've seen it flown with racism in mind,though some might not.Thats for another thread though cause that topic can open a can of worms.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Smile Ted Rocks

Besides his who cares about being PC aproch to life. He does a wonderful amount of work with Kids and his camps. So he don't like the French how can 1 blame him. I have French in my blood lines but Even i'm ashamed to admit it. The cowards. Next time they get their butts kicked i will just laff. Go Ted YOU ROCK.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:36 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,822 times
Default Ted for Prez

much of what Ted says I agree with. I dont consider myself white trash, be care about that people. more people need to speak with his conviction, clear minded thinking. What a country we could have! I love it when he gets on Ozzie Osborns case. Ozzie did drugs, ted didnt, Ozzies dead, teds alive and rockin! Ozzies alive? yeah right. the whackmaster rules.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 AM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Besides his who cares about being PC aproch to life. He does a wonderful amount of work with Kids and his camps. So he don't like the French how can 1 blame him. I have French in my blood lines but Even i'm ashamed to admit it. The cowards. Next time they get their butts kicked i will just laff. Go Ted YOU ROCK.
He is a great support of the troops as well....I agree he rocks!!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:35 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
Good for Ted! The Confederate Flag should be respected in this country, it's a big part of our history.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Seems like people want to forget history and always twist into a racist issue. Learn from history and try not to make the same mistakes.
Ted Nugent does support our troops. At his concerts he talks to kids about not doing drugs and making something of their selves.

On his T.V. show he was more into making the kids feel worthy of their selves even though some (mostly girls) came on thinking it was a rocknroll party he was trying to show them how to survive and make them proud of their accomplishments. He is totally against drugs and will let you know it.

I also, feel it was more his rebel attitude, more then presenting a racist attitude when wearing the shirt.
I took my boy's to his concert a year ago and they thought he rocked. If you have followed Ted through his career he is still the same and has never presented himself any different.

Who else brings flaming arrows on stage and guns galore for stage props OUR ONE and ONLY MOTOR CITY MAD MAN. I think his wildness is what has kept his fans supporting him. When it's time to run who would you want on your side Ted Nugent types or Al Gore types?
He stands proud for who he is and a lot women are gald to watch him!

Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM

753 posts, read 758,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Good for Ted! The Confederate Flag should be respected in this country, it's a big part of our history.
It should be respected the way any traitor's idol should, as toilet paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies