Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh, don't put words in my mouth please. I never said you were attacking anyone. I said you provide subjective and invalid logic in your positions. Its emotional base, it is a logical fallacy. I don't entertain these forms of discussions very long because they are pointless. I don't care what your education is, I know PHD's who are too stupid to figure out up from down. Education is meaningless without any sense to put it to use. So, whoopie that you have a masters, I am not attacking your character, your education, or any aspect of that logical fallacy. I am saying your position is garbage, founded on subjective emotional and illogical positions. You can slap a degree on garbage, but it is still... garbage.
No matter what you are trying to say to me, your tone "put the words in your mouth." I do not know how old you are, but I have recycled almost my entire life. I am 30 and a firm believer in helping the environment. I have been to see the recycling process and learned a lot. It is a shame when people believe it is a waste of common sense to take care of the place you live... if you look at it this way... You keep your home clean (or at least expect most to) and keep your yard clean... isn't it common sense to keep your planet clean? I beleive when one refuses to see through a glass window it is because they put the blinds down... same goes for the environment... they chose to believe that everything is OK with the world, ecosystems will continue to run just as they did 50 years ago... that is not accurate... if you stuff trash in the ocean it effects more than just the birds eating it... the water becomes toxic, fish die, vegetation does not survive... it is a horrible cycle that needs to be stopped... it has a LOT to do with being educated that I understand this... if I didn't do the research I would be some lemming just following along, and that isn't my style...sorry you don't agree with me... that is your opinion and you are welcome to it... but you asked me to back my claims up and I did... with plenty of researched facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 01:15 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Nomander
Glad I don't live in California
So am I

All you rant about is how it is going to cost you an extra dollar or 2 in order to help the environment. Selfish people must pay just like everyone else [it's called forced responsibility - something you desperately need.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
and how are they helping the environment? how do they know they aren't hurting it? what is the ideal temperature of earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
So am I

All you rant about is how it is going to cost you an extra dollar or 2 in order to help the environment. Selfish people must pay just like everyone else [it's called forced responsibility - something you desperately need.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
and how are they helping the environment? how do they know they aren't hurting it? what is the ideal temperature of earth?
Right, make jokes about global warming just so you can avoid taking responsibility for the environment [and then you persist in denying that you are a Republican

Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
I am not making jokes about anything. I asked you a question, which you can't answer. seems to me that you would be the joke. again, what is the ideal temperature of earth, and how do we stop the sun from aging and burning hotter? do you favor the mr. burns method of the sun blocker?

Quote:
Right, make jokes about global warming just so you can avoid taking responsibility for the environment [and then you persist in denying that you are a Republican

Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM

23,846 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Right, make jokes about global warming just so you can avoid taking responsibility for the environment
You mean global cooling, right?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
You are welcome to join me in the last couple of threads we have had concerning Global warming claims. I would be happy to discuss the FACTS of the issue, the SCIENCE of the issue, and all the DETAILS of its claims. Then again, you don't deal in those things, you deal in gossip, slander, and logical fallacies. No wonder I don't see your responses in them as they don't lower themselves to your level of discussion. Too bad, you might actually learn something in them.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
So am I

Forced? If you force me, you had better come packing. Honestly, your belief is a cancer to freedom. You force things because you "believe" you are right and then whine like a baby if you don't get your way. Go ahead, force me, but understand responsibility is a two way street. Force me and pay the consequences.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You are welcome to join me in the last couple of threads we have had concerning Global warming claims. I would be happy to discuss the FACTS of the issue, the SCIENCE of the issue, and all the DETAILS of its claims. Then again, you don't deal in those things, you deal in gossip, slander, and logical fallacies. No wonder I don't see your responses in them as they don't lower themselves to your level of discussion. Too bad, you might actually learn something in them.
I have no problem discussing the science of global warming. What I can't tolerate is resistance to responsibility because the person is too selfish to think about his own kids\ grandchildren future.

The Republican motive is never an honest scientific debate but rather to distort\ hide\ delay scientific fact [so that Republicans can make another dollar! GOP=despicable & anti-American

Old 08-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I have no problem discussing the science of global warming. What I can't tolerate is resistance to responsibility because the person is too selfish to think about his own kids\ grandchildren future.

The Republican motive is never an honest scientific debate but rather to distort\ hide\ delay scientific fact [so that Republicans can make another dollar! GOP=despicable & anti-American
Again, logical fallacies. Too many to list, look them up yourself.

A List Of Fallacious Arguments

Learn to discuss in a logical fashion please. We all make mistakes, we all insert fallacies from time to time, but most of your arguments are based entirely on them.

Either discuss honestly with me or I will have no choice but to place you on the ignore list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies