Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:41 PM

267 posts, read 725,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, you are either very young or very stupid.

Skin color has little to do with it as you would think.

Aboriginies in Australia for example are not negroid, they are mongoloid, the same race as typical japanese, native Americans and Chinese.

The typical Spanish decent hispanic is caucasoid, the same as the typical white person from England.

Blacks from Africa are negroid.

The sterotypical arab is caucasoid.

All names are made up as are words and languages in general, nothing about it was made by mother nature.

What is a sterotypical arab. And everybody is from africa. Plus you are really stupid if you think the aborigines are not black but mongloid. The term mongloid didn't come about until later in years. There were only three nationalities found in king tut's tomb semites, negroid, and caucasoid. There was no mention of mongloid. The negroid looked like a black person. The caucasoid looked like a white person. And the semite looked like barrack obama and mariah carey. Even when the national geographic does stories on mongols. They all are black.

Why do you try to limit blacks to africa. You do know nomads walk around the world. You don't think the negroids walked into europe, asia, the middle east, and australia.

Just look at the palestinians and isralies. God gave joeseph that land in egypt. So the palestinian people left and went to egypt. But came back to jerusalem. That's why their still fighting both think the land in jerusalem is their's. Isralies are more from caucasoid ancestory. And the palestinians are more from the negroid ancestory.

Last edited by lolo2; 08-02-2008 at 10:50 PM..

Old 08-02-2008, 10:54 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2 View Post
What is a sterotypical arab. And everybody is from africa. Plus you are really stupid if you think the aborigines are not black but mongloid. The term mongloid didn't come about until later in years. There were only three nationalities found in king tut's tomb semites, negroid, and caucasoid. There was no mention of mongloid. The negroid looked like a black person. The caucasoid looked like a white person. And the semite looked like barrack obama and mariah carey. Even when the national geographic does stories on mongols. They all are black..
Modern man did not develop in Africa, the out of Africa theory states that the predecessor to modern man immigrated out of Africa (with well defined evidence) and evolved into modern man along with so far around 3 separate (if I remember off the top of my head) lines with the last one dying out only 10k years ago.

Again, SKIN COLOR HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH IT. I can not even fathom why you are so stuck on skin color.

It is fact aboriginies are not from Africa nor have anything more in common with Africans than a Chinese or Swedish person would have, again, you are sos tuck on skin color being the ultimate definer for what race a eprson is it is difficult to even know how to explain it to someone like you that has such a limited knowledge in the area.

Quote:
Why do you try to limit blacks to africa. You do know nomads walk around the america. You don't think the negroids walked into europe, asia, the middle east, and australia.
Once again, your lack of any formal knowledge in this area is quite astounding, you obviously never had a single formal class on the subject.

Quote:
Just look at the palestinians and isralies. God gave joeseph that land in egypt. So the palestinian people left and went to egypt. But came back to jerusalem. That's why their still fighting both think the land in jerusalem is their's. Isralies are more from caucasoid anestory. And the palestinians are more from the negroid anestory.
This has zero to do with the conversation at hand and do not even know why you wrote it. But even this comment displays your severe lack of education in this area of knowledge.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 PM

20 posts, read 52,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Biologically speaking, you are wrong.

There are 3 races classified both by genotype (with a .1% genetic variance, sources vary) and phenotype.

In the animal world the would be called breeds, but we humans separate our selves out and we prefer to be called a race.

There are three races, negroid, caucasoid and mongoloid.
Actually, there is no such thing as biological races. In fact, the American Association of Physical Anthropologists issued a statement saying that "Pure races do not exist in the human species today, nor is there any evidence that they have ever existed in the past" (1996).

There is a lot of literature out there that points out that race as a biological concept is flawed and non existent and is actually a social construction. In fact, it was really European colonization of the Americas that introduced the concept of race over the last 500 years, often times to justify subjugation. (Ethnicity is an entirely different concept, yet is often confused with race. ) Racism however and discrimination because of perceived association with a particular "race" is very real and not a social construction.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverbeast View Post
Actually, there is no such thing as biological races. In fact, the American Association of Physical Anthropologists issued a statement saying that "Pure races do not exist in the human species today, nor is there any evidence that they have ever existed in the past" (1996).

There is a lot of literature out there that points out that race as a biological concept is flawed and non existent and is actually a social construction. In fact, it was really European colonization of the Americas that introduced the concept of race over the last 500 years, often times to justify subjugation. (Ethnicity is an entirely different concept, yet is often confused with race. ) Racism however and discrimination because of perceived association with a particular "race" is very real and not a social construction.
Well, better go alert every anthropoligist I ever studied under and the ones currently inpractice and doing research in the field, I will give you names if you want and my text books in which I am using and have used.

Also aler the biology department at the University of tennessee, Vanderbilt and George Washington University as I guess they are not on the same page as the American Association of Physical Anthropoligists.

If there is no such thing as races, then please explain how it is fact that some races are more prone to diseases than others? How some races have physical characteristcis only associated with that race? How there is a .1% genetic variance among the races? How races are prone to genetically inherented diseases while others are immune to the same disease?

And most of all, it is through anthropolgies own studies that brought forth the discoveries of the different development of man, not biological science. So in effect, your quote contradicts years of studies and basically offers no evidence in the face of all the other evidence which points to there are races of humans which are distinct and can easily be identified.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,634 times
[quote=lolo2;4708664] I think there is a reason why every italian doesn't call themselves white. Why do some italian and hispanic women. Have body shapes and hair color more similar. To black women in the united states than white women.
QUOTE]

Huh...Italians don't call themselves white? I'd like to hear from an Italian on this one.

Last edited by dorado0359; 08-03-2008 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: e

Old 08-03-2008, 04:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
I'm beginning to think it's a troll.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,142 times
[quote=dorado0359;4710767]
Quote:
I think there is a reason why every italian doesn't call themselves white. Why do some italian and hispanic women. Have body shapes and hair color more similar. To black women in the united states than white women.
QUOTE]

Huh...Italians don't call themselves white? I'd like to hear from an Italian on this one.
they are actually mediterranean(only the south part of Italy,, especially sicilians). Now mediterranean is not a color.. but usually are mix with Moors

Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
What is a Asian Hispanic or Latino?
a man like (fujimori: ex peruvian president) if he was in america he be a latino whos asian racially

latino is an ethnic group

Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,383,786 times
[quote=cjma79;4713998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
they are actually mediterranean(only the south part of Italy,, especially sicilians). Now mediterranean is not a color.. but usually are mix with Moors
I am of Sicilian descent and I consider our people to be white. Some may be darker than others but that is true in many places not just the Mediterranean.

As far as the Moors go they are not a different sub-group of Mediterranean people. The word (Moro) refers (1) to the religion (2) is used to differentiate them from Arabs (Arabo) because they are seen to be part of the "Mare Nostrum" culture. If you look carefully you can see that the North Africans often look like Italians or Spaniards then there are some with more Semitic features but that is true as well in Italy, Spain etc. For example, Libya's Qaddafi looks like an Italian or a Spaniard more then he looks like any Arab. There is however discrimination toward the North African Moors but it is really religious rather than ethnic. This is a long s difficult subject and cannot be covered here.
Salvatore Giuliano modern Sicilian hero. Looks white to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,492,142 times
I am of Sicilian descent and I consider our people to be white.
Sure, that doesnt mean that most people think the same way, or believe the same thing..

Some may be darker than others but that is true in many places not just the Mediterranean.
Sicilian have dark eyes, and dark hair, and usually light dark skin"tanned".

As far as the Moors go they are not a different sub-group of Mediterranean people.
I never said that,, mediterranean people are a mix(usually) of white and Moors

The word (Moro) refers (1) to the religion (2) is used to differentiate them from Arabs (Arabo) because they are seen to be part of the "Mare Nostrum" culture.
Moro, comes from spain, is a spanish words and it means a black african muslim

If you look carefully you can see that the North Africans often look like Italians or Spaniards then there are some with more Semitic features but that is true as well in Italy, Spain etc.
Why do you think??? because Moors invaded Spain, especially Granada, it also invaded Italy, especially Sicilly

For example, Libya's Qaddafi looks like an Italian or a Spaniard more then he looks like any Arab.
Moors are not arabs, just in case..

There is however discrimination toward the North African Moors but it is really religious rather than ethnic. This is a long s difficult subject and cannot be covered here.
That could be true...

Salvatore Giuliano modern Sicilian hero. Looks white to me.

That doesnt mean he represent every sicilian, also ask a north Italian what he thinks of south italians to see..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.