Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:12 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post
I can't believe how ridiculously sensitive we're all getting.

There was a young Black man from "Grey's Anatomy" who used an "anti-gay slur" and now the media is screaming for him, he states he needs to attend counseloring, etc... It's unbelievable. He said a word, big deal!

You can call someone a "fat pig," make fun of scars, the way they look, talk, walk, anything but if you cross over into "protected territory" ie: making fun of their skincolor or sexual orientation if they are NOT a White-heterosexual male, all hell breaks loose.
I believe this is what we were just talking about it comes from both sides. We need to get over it people are people. Not all whites think the same and not all blacks. I believe with this happening in Hollywood the victims as they call there selves are looking for MONEY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 02:33 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,745,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post
You can call someone a "fat pig," make fun of scars, the way they look, talk, walk, anything but if you cross over into "protected territory" ie: making fun of their skincolor or sexual orientation if they are NOT a White-heterosexual male, all hell breaks loose.
That's exactly my point in starting this thread. You are right on!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I believe this is what we were just talking about it comes from both sides. We need to get over it people are people. Not all whites think the same and not all blacks. I believe with this happening in Hollywood the victims as they call there selves are looking for MONEY!!!
Well that's true. I'm not complaining about all blacks. I'm complaining about the dominant black culture. I am one of those people who enjoys dealing with different races, religions, and nationalities all day long. It makes the day much more interesting. That still doesnt change the fact that each minority group has a dominant agenda, and that's what I am speaking to.

There has to come a point where this stuff should go without saying. That's another thing. We're no longer allowed to generalize. I'm sorry, but it takes too much time to name names Sometimes you just have to discuss the big picture in the interest of time. Of course there is good and bad in everyone. Yin and Yang.

I know which group I belong to so when someone says "racist white people" I don't take offense. I only get offended when people start saying they're entitled to a free ride because of the color of their skin.

It would seem to me that a computer, while somewhat essential these days, is still somewhat of a luxury item. If you actually CAN get online to talk about this stuff you probably don't have the right to talk about how poor and downtrodden your minority group is. There are people starving in THIS country who beg to differ with you on how bad your position is.

Not saying all this to you WB, just saying.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 04:33 PM

24 posts, read 17,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I am one of those people who enjoys dealing with different races, religions, and nationalities all day long.
I don't. It's not fair that only Europe, the USA, and other formally "White" nations are handing themselves over to the beast called "multiculturalism." I don't see any other peoples or countries doing it.

I certainly don't see Europe being more successful with an Arab-Muslim majority anymore than I see the United States successful with a Mexican-Meztizo majority.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Well that's true. I'm not complaining about all blacks. I'm complaining about the dominant black culture. I am one of those people who enjoys dealing with different races, religions, and nationalities all day long. It makes the day much more interesting. That still doesnt change the fact that each minority group has a dominant agenda, and that's what I am speaking to.

There has to come a point where this stuff should go without saying. That's another thing. We're no longer allowed to generalize. I'm sorry, but it takes too much time to name names Sometimes you just have to discuss the big picture in the interest of time. Of course there is good and bad in everyone. Yin and Yang.

I know which group I belong to so when someone says "racist white people" I don't take offense. I only get offended when people start saying they're entitled to a free ride because of the color of their skin.

It would seem to me that a computer, while somewhat essential these days, is still somewhat of a luxury item. If you actually CAN get online to talk about this stuff you probably don't have the right to talk about how poor and downtrodden your minority group is. There are people starving in THIS country who beg to differ with you on how bad your position is.

Not saying all this to you WB, just saying.

-TT
Hey, I get it and I do believe that there are losers in every race and your personality is what draws people to you not, your skin color. But, all seem to want to play the race card and it's getting old. Personal responsibility and pride in who you are.
But, it does seem to be happening a lot in Hollywood and there is a lawyer waiting to tell them they have a case.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:52 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Have you all noticed the recent issues where famous people have made remarks off the top of their heads and now they are being "counseled" for it? Not too long ago it was Michael Richards (from Seinfeld) and how he told off the blacks that disrupted his stand-up show. Now a guy from Grey's Anatomy is being given counseling because of a gay remark he said.

How insane is all this? I can't believe that we have become so politically correct that if someone in the spotlight says something not politically correct they are being made to apologize and get counseling. It's absolutely ridiculous!
I agree redwings we have become a nation of pansies, there are people who would like to see us erased from earth and we are crying because some body offended us by calling us a name! To the left racism and homophobia are threats to our soceity but not terrorism!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies