Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I do not pay income taxes. I have not paid them since 1983.

I have been audited 3 times over the years.

No money comes out from my paychecks for the purposes of tax 'with-holding', nor do I pay any taxes at the end of each year.

My W4 shows that I am 'Exempt'.

I have never been charged with commiting any tax fraud, nor any tax crime.

I have never been jailed for tax crimes.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Welcome to the Internet.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:30 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yes and no is the answer to that question. juries have lately been not convicting people for not paying taxes as the IRS has not been able to prove that people have to pay taxes.
I have heard this too.

I do not know about it though.

I 'file' taxes, which seems to appease the powers that be. Which is entirely different from 'paying' taxes.

I do not 'pay' income taxes, but I do 'file' them.

I really do not mind filling out forms and sending them in, so long as no money changes hands.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,962 times
Whether its illegal or not, you dont pay your taxes, you go to jail...simpl as that.

The Government wont allow only a few to get over, when everyone else is paying thiers, so, your just part of the bunch of people who will be malcontents and just have to suck it up like the rest of us and pay up the greenbacks to Uncle Sam.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Whether its illegal or not, you dont pay your taxes, you go to jail...simpl as that.
You must 'file' taxes, not 'pay' them.

Depending on your tax-planning strategy and your book-keeping it is perfectly legal to operate yourself in such a manner that you have no income tax obligation.

No obligation to 'pay', only to 'file'.

Quote:
... The Government wont allow only a few to get over, when everyone else is paying thiers, so, your just part of the bunch of people who will be malcontents and just have to suck it up like the rest of us and pay up the greenbacks to Uncle Sam.
I have attending far too many IRS taught courses, to buy into what your saying.

It simply is not so.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You must 'file' taxes, not 'pay' them.

Depending on your tax-planning strategy and your book-keeping it is perfectly legal to operate yourself in such a manner that you have no income tax obligation.

No obligation to 'pay', only to 'file'
I have attending far too many IRS taught courses, to buy into what your saying.

It simply is not so.

LOL. Right if you don't make any money (or very little), you don't owe any taxes. Incidentally if your income is small enough, you don't even have to file. Clever form of tax protest -- stay broke.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL. Right if you don't make any money (or very little), you don't owe any taxes. Incidentally if your income is small enough, you don't even have to file. Clever form of tax protest -- stay broke.
I suppose you could, I had not really thought of that.

It would be difficult to convince anyone to be poor, simply to avoid paying income taxes.

Personally I like collecting apartment buildings, farming, having different income streams, and being able to afford doing things.

But if your method of avoiding taxation is to be poor, go for it!

More power to you there buddy

Old 04-22-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I suppose you could, I had not really thought of that.

It would be difficult to convince anyone to be poor, simply to avoid paying income taxes.

Personally I like collecting apartment buildings, farming, having different income streams, and being able to afford doing things.

But if your method of avoiding taxation is to be poor, go for it!

More power to you there buddy
The only way to avoid paying income tax is to not have income. Being poor is the straightforward way..Congratulations.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The only way to avoid paying income tax is to not have income.
I must disagree.

It is not the only way.

Having a low AGI is a good method. But so long as your under the AMT cut-off [which I think this year is $87500] you can work your AGI down to being Exempt.

In my mind $87K is not poor.

During my career my Gross peaked at around $75k. I did not consider that to be poor.

Perhaps you do. And therein is our disagreement.

To me anyone who earns $75k and can afford to be investing is not poor.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:11 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

YouTube - "Goin' to the C.P.A. (The Tax Song)" Lyrics: B. Hopman Vocals: R. Hopman

Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

YouTube - TAX CHEAT (Tim Geithner Song)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies