U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:27 PM

8,575 posts, read 2,022,257 times
oh trust me. a friend of mine bought a row house on capitol hill two years ago for $780,000. guarantee you that he couldn't get that now. my brothers townhouse in old town went down $100,000. houses are sitting on the market longer, and they aren't selling for what they are asking for. I talk to real estate agents there, and my parents tell me all the stories that are in the post on a daily basis. you have an ex mayor, who smoked crack on camera, with a hooker and got busted by the FBI. he still remains a figure with the DC democrat scene. we don't have a coke head dope head drunk in the white house. obama hasn't won yet. 20 year old tabloid police work? no, it was a federal investigation, and the democrats are running, not walking away from the city. if they turn anacostia into a high rent district, I guarantee you that those "democrats" would leave that area. oh, here is some tabloid footage of the respectability of the DC democrats. oh another thing. you seem to have a hazy memory. it was 2 mayors. barry was replaced by sharron pratt kelly after his bust, but became mayor again in the mid 90's. he was replaced by anthony williams in 99. 9 years ago, a crack head prostitute loving person ran the city, and was the face of DC democrats.

YouTube - Marion Barry Sting Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL you better go check your numbers. Price in the suburbs are dropping like rocks and the DC condo market is way overbuilt in some "hot" areas like Columbia Heights, but single family home are holding rock solid steady. I haven't seen any article of significant price decline, though homes are sitting on the market longer than they were a year ago.

Oh gosh terrible terrible we have a ex mayor who used drugs..... Oh me, three or is it four mayors ago the district had a problem.... We have a coke head / alcoholic currently at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but you're focused on some 20 year old piece of tabloid police work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM

5,852 posts, read 4,325,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I often hear about the death of the republican party. I welcome it. my question is this. do liberals really think that true conservatives are dying off? I don't think so. true conservatives are going to overtake both parties. just give it some time.

i am 50 50 on this, but the conservative-democrat section is in fact slowly emerging again.

Last edited by city414; 08-06-2008 at 07:29 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 06:42 PM

um, what? perhaps try it again, this time without the acronyms used by 8 year olds, k, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
heeeeyy stupid being a republican does not mean you have conservative ideas, democrats were once conservatives as a whole but today you have conservative democrats and liberal republicans whom does not get the support from the conservative repuplicans, isnt that ironic they areinthe same party but dont support them because they are liberal lmao

i guess i can understand why americans are so clueless, when they ask question like this lol...

if you look up the american version of liberal and conservative you'll find out that republicans who helped blacks were liberal like before the party change

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 PM

perhaps you can phrase your questions correctly. I didn't understand what you were talking about. if you have a question for me, ask it. you made like 2 statements, but didn't ask a question. the OP is about liberals thinking that conservatives would go away. republicans might, but conservatives, true conservatives, will go on. a true conservative is about small government, and less government in our lives. this idea is going to gain in popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
is that all................
just answer, reply to the damn post!

i mean damn, you can keep all that arrogant elogance crap i dont care about all that.

typical city-data characters who cant respond, but use lame insults that crush no grapes

Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 PM

5,852 posts, read 4,325,626 times
[quote=jmarquise;4760513]perhaps you can phrase your questions correctly. I didn't understand what you were talking about.quote]

the intention wasnt to ask a question but to be a response to the conservative, and or republican terms u had in your post

Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 PM

like I said, a real conservative believes in limited government and low taxes. I don't care who gets married or who adopts. I am pro choice. I just think that government has a hard time managing 300,000,000 people very well. I think that is a solid conservative point of view.

[quote=city414;4760782]
Quote:
perhaps you can phrase your questions correctly. I didn't understand what you were talking about.quote]

the intention wasnt to ask a question but to be a response to the conservative, and or republican terms u had in your post

Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 PM

8,241 posts, read 10,095,901 times
Today's republicans have nothing to do with being conservative. They're just as big taxing, pork building and government interfering as the Democrats. How they can criticize them is beyond me. Libertarians are the true conservatives. Small government, personal responsibility, local decision making, those are conservative values.
I'm sick of both parties.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:07 PM

5,389 posts, read 4,743,350 times
I think bottom line is that Republican party is in big trouble, thank you Bush the Dunce, and the libertarian party is maybe 1 % of the voting population if you are lucky.

So any way you slice it "conservative" force is pretty laughable for the foreseeable future.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM

the difference between dems and repubs is this. republicans spend and don't tax, and we go into debt, devaluing the dollar. democrats tax high, spend tons, and the dollar is more stable. why not spend less, lower taxes, and keep the dollar stable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Today's republicans have nothing to do with being conservative. They're just as big taxing, pork building and government interfering as the Democrats. How they can criticize them is beyond me. Libertarians are the true conservatives. Small government, personal responsibility, local decision making, those are conservative values.
I'm sick of both parties.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM

8,241 posts, read 10,095,901 times
Quote:
the difference between dems and repubs is this. republicans spend and don't tax, and we go into debt, devaluing the dollar. democrats tax high, spend tons, and the dollar is more stable. why not spend less, lower taxes, and keep the dollar stable?
Borrow and spend vs. Tax and spend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies