Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Could you link to me where you find how "Cheney, The Bush Crime Family, Haliburton" directly reap the benefits? I mean, I can understand a bit how Haliburton does
u dont think they get kickbacks? and cheney is a investor of Hali......hes making money off the record profits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
u dont think they get kickbacks? and cheney is a investor of Hali......hes making money off the record profits
No, the reason I asked the question is because I do think. If I were to just merely assume, I would take the position that you are.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Cheney receives deferred retirement compensation from Halliburton. He's more then an investor.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How can anything be brought into the light of day when this reptilian administration and its cohorts will not show up before Congress when receiving subpoenas, destroy documents, lose emails, replace our justice department with it's cronies. A U.S. Senator introduces 35 articles of impeachment and it does not make front page news because the media is corrupted and Nancy Pelosi is not allowing hearings to take place for some bizarre reason. Give me a break!!!

Why do you support our being lied into a war? You, sir or madam, are no patriot!
I guess that means you got nothin! hmmm go figure!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
I'd say it's real close to 50/50

Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
How can anything be brought into the light of day when this reptilian administration and its cohorts will not show up before Congress when receiving subpoenas, destroy documents, lose emails, replace our justice department with it's cronies. A U.S. Senator introduces 35 articles of impeachment and it does not make front page news because the media is corrupted and Nancy Pelosi is not allowing hearings to take place for some bizarre reason. Give me a break!!!

Why do you support our being lied into a war? You, sir or madam, are no patriot!
-------------

The ultimate enabler the ultimate betrayer Nancy Pelosi hasnt done a thing.

Nancy Pelosi is tailor made for this administration .
Gives a nice looooooooooong speech to her voters than does a 180 as far as voting,etc.

Cheney must adore that sell out .

Perhaps her new fancy plane among other perks are all she truly cares about.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Could you link to me where you find how "Cheney, The Bush Crime Family, Haliburton" directly reap the benefits? I mean, I can understand a bit how Haliburton does, though they are pretty much the only company large enough to really handle that sort of contract, but that is besides the point.

What I would like to see is a direct correlation to the evidence as to the increases in profit for the Bush family and Cheney? Maybe a spreadsheet of earned income directly a result of this action could be useful? Not speculation, but some hard numbers we could crunch to see the results.

You do have something quantifiable right? Anything? Or did I accidentally walk into another one of those arm chair haven't a clue threads? I have a bad habit of that. Oh, and please, no slippery slope relations, I think we have enough logical fallacies walking around here.
--------------

You do recall this dont you-
"Paul Wolfowitz say that Iraqi oil would pay for the reconstruction "

The administration said over and over Iraqi oil would pay for it all .

They forgot to mention the first trillion or two .
I have the feeling Iraqis wont ever pay a penny .

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Do the math....112 billion barrels of oil at $120 barrel.....add all the free people and the removal of a dictator....the world should be rejoicing...

Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Maybe because we were not "lied into" a war?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:23 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Cheney receives deferred retirement compensation from Halliburton. He's more then an investor.
Is it legal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies