Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times

Advertisements

Maybe if we get a Dem president next time around, Al Gore can be Secretary of Alternative Energy? He certainly has studied the problem for a long time. He might have some good ideas -- or at least know some people with good ideas.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
We are there and can't leave until the job is done or else we might as well hand the key to this place to IRAN. Impeach a President at time of WAR. What kind of message are you sending to the enemy?
Give Iraq the time to pull forward
The voters of the UK had no problem with voting out Churchill when WW2 was still raging. I don't see how changing leadership through legitimate means "helps the enemy".

Iraq is LOST. It's all about damage control now. It's time to start pulling troops out.

BTW, Iran seems to have been the real winner of the Iraq war, by getting one of its enemies (the US) to destroy another one of its enemies (Saddam) and being hopelessly bogged down and incapable of further action in trying to hold Iraq, as well as getting the US to install a theocratic Shia regime. It makes me wonder whether the rumors of Iranian spies infiltrating the Oval Office are true.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe if we get a Dem president next time around, Al Gore can be Secretary of Alternative Energy? He certainly has studied the problem for a long time. He might have some good ideas -- or at least know some people with good ideas.
Great idea! Although I think Gore would be a potentially great president. His problem in 2000 was that his handlers kept him from speaking about the environment, a subject he is passionate about, and made him talk about focus group tested subjects that he didn't care so much about.That's why he came off as wooden that year. If the consultants had let Gore be Gore, his passion would have impressed more voters, including the crucial few hundred in Florida.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Great idea! Although I think Gore would be a potentially great president. His problem in 2000 was that his handlers kept him from speaking about the environment, a subject he is passionate about, and made him talk about focus group tested subjects that he didn't care so much about.That's why he came off as wooden that year. If the consultants had let Gore be Gore, his passion would have impressed more voters, including the crucial few hundred in Florida.
The two of us could DEFINITELY get along I am hoping against hope that Gore throws his hat into the ring. He's passionate about the environment, sees how climate change fits into the bigger geopolitical picture, has progressive values, and would make all the wingnuts' heads explode!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:15 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
As much as I admire Gore, from where I sit, the only way he'd throw his hat in the ring, is come convention time--the Party closes ranks and puts him up as the sure winner.

It could happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
The two of us could DEFINITELY get along I am hoping against hope that Gore throws his hat into the ring. He's passionate about the environment, sees how climate change fits into the bigger geopolitical picture, has progressive values, and would make all the wingnuts' heads explode!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:00 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,061 times
God help us all if Gore wins!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
[quote=alexander59;308775]Impeach Bush then we get Cheney, oh what a fine mess we have, the worse president ever and the worse vice president ever. Sadly we have to hang in there for two more years. I personally think he is mentally ill but I am more afraid of Cheney, he can actually sound sane.

I don't know about Bush, but I can give Cheney credit for one thing... he can shoot straight.LOL

Old 01-26-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Wow! I honestly don't have a response. Wow!!
Oh, come on are you running slow tonight!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Your are so wrong about the next president being blamed for anything, it will always be Bushs fault!!! 5 10 15 years from now it will somehow always be Bushs fault!! Everyone is now off the hook! Because it will be Bushs fault.
He'll be dead and gone and they will still blame the guy!!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:13 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Maybe I've missed something, but I haven't heard any answers from Bush, or his minions on two key questions: What about al-Quaeda and bin Laden? Shouldn't the President be held responsible for the misinformation that led to our invasion of Iraq?
I am certain there were other reasons, but this was what was fed to the American public. I never bought plausible diniability with Reagan and Iran-Contra, I don't buy it now. IMO this is an impeachable offense, Bush is accountable.

I read somewhere a while back where Bush said Bin Laden was of no interest, he had bigger fish to fry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies