U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,471,174 times
Reputation: 3826

Advertisements

Majoun, are you serious. I've seen Monica from 2 feet away. She is a lovely, charming young woman--who get caught in a bad situation. And how do you know what folks in the South thought of Clinton marrying his college girlfriend. Nonsense!

We have been talking on the board about racism--this is sexist, sexist, sexist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The whole "Sex Addiction" phenomenon is just a way for people to wring money out of other people. Irresponsible sexual behavior is very real, but "sex addiction" is just a scam.

Now, if Clinton had better taste in women, I wonder if certain guys would be so incensed about what happened. The most powerful man in the world should be able to bang a better looking woman than Monica. I've heard it explained thusly: Clinton's tastes are traditional southern tastes which tend to favor heftier women. (I've heard theories about some of the animosity towards Hillary during the Administration by southerners being resentment that Clinton married a midwesterner instead of a southern woman).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2007, 07:54 PM
 
Location: 78218
1,151 posts, read 3,061,577 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The whole "Sex Addiction" phenomenon is just a way for people to wring money out of other people. Irresponsible sexual behavior is very real, but "sex addiction" is just a scam.

Now, if Clinton had better taste in women, I wonder if certain guys would be so incensed about what happened. The most powerful man in the world should be able to bang a better looking woman than Monica. I've heard it explained thusly: Clinton's tastes are traditional southern tastes which tend to favor heftier women. (I've heard theories about some of the animosity towards Hillary during the Administration by southerners being resentment that Clinton married a midwesterner instead of a southern woman).
True. But the "other women" is usually raunchier lookin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,970,647 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Majoun, are you serious. I've seen Monica from 2 feet away. She is a lovely, charming young woman--who get caught in a bad situation. And how do you know what folks in the South thought of Clinton marrying his college girlfriend. Nonsense!

We have been talking on the board about racism--this is sexist, sexist, sexist!
Sorry for the sexism. It wasn't intentional. However, I think there was a sexist and regionalist factor in the hatred towards her AND Hillary. It's not a secret about many southerners hating northerners.

I've seen Monica once in person, she wasn't super ugly but she was nothing that special. She may indeed be charming, but I never have talked to her. I do wonder if there would have been the same level of hatred if Clinton's taste in women had been more like JFK's (in both wife and girlfriends)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2007, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,471,174 times
Reputation: 3826
You mean MM? How funny! Jackie was the lady, does that make MM the tramp?

Anyway, I accept your apology and hope we won't move from one ---ism to another ---ism!

And, yes, Monica was very charming, thin, beautiful eyes and a big smiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Sorry for the sexism. It wasn't intentional. However, I think there was a sexist and regionalist factor in the hatred towards her AND Hillary. It's not a secret about many southerners hating northerners.

I've seen Monica once in person, she wasn't super ugly but she was nothing that special. She may indeed be charming, but I never have talked to her. I do wonder if there would have been the same level of hatred if Clinton's taste in women had been more like JFK's (in both wife and girlfriends)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2007, 08:25 PM
 
9,716 posts, read 12,947,012 times
Reputation: 3315
My ex-business partner met Monica and talked to her. He liked her. He said she was a "big beautiful girl" and he didn't mean "big" in a negative way. It was just that she was tall and not model thin.

You know, everyone has different taste in women. I thought JFK Jr's wife was beautiful. My ex-boyfriend thought she was ugly and compared her looks to what rodents look like. Everyone has a different perception of what "beautiful" is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,471,174 times
Reputation: 3826
Well, perhaps because of the Libby trial, or perhaps because of the War in Iraq, or just perhaps because some folks are tired of the Administration, a large group of NGOs have formed a collaborative to work towards a swift impeachment of both the President and the Vice President. They are meeting later this month in NYC.

Wonder how far they'll get--!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
 
2,459 posts, read 4,673,745 times
Reputation: 4403
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Then, way to people get therapy for "Sex Addiction" again making money telling us we have problems!!
Funny how Monica gets the most blame and not Clinton. She's pretty,just young and naive thinking he might have loved her. Young girl dream and she takes the most hits!!
I disagree. It's not like she didn't know she was getting involved with a married man. She deserves just as much of the blame as he does. Why are men always the scapegoats? It's always "she didn't know better" or "she thought he loved her". This perception of female innocence is severly outdated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
1,696 posts, read 3,057,536 times
Reputation: 1535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Well, perhaps because of the Libby trial, or perhaps because of the War in Iraq, or just perhaps because some folks are tired of the Administration, a large group of NGOs have formed a collaborative to work towards a swift impeachment of both the President and the Vice President. They are meeting later this month in NYC.

Wonder how far they'll get--!
Yeah, now it's becoming pretty crystal clear that a covert CIA agent was exposed for partisan purposes... in a time of war, no less. What DO those two have to do in order to be impeached and convicted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,189 posts, read 24,471,174 times
Reputation: 3826
We, the People, mb919, have to pressure the Congress! And by the Congress, I mean specifically the Senate. I just heard from my Congressional Rep this morning and I know where he stands. It is so clear, as you say, that the Administration has lied to the American people.

And, we have lost 3,114 men and women in the armed services and nearly destroyed a country for that lie!



Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Yeah, now it's becoming pretty crystal clear that a covert CIA agent was exposed for partisan purposes... in a time of war, no less. What DO those two have to do in order to be impeached and convicted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 870,405 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I disagree. It's not like she didn't know she was getting involved with a married man. She deserves just as much of the blame as he does. Why are men always the scapegoats? It's always "she didn't know better" or "she thought he loved her". This perception of female innocence is severly outdated.
I wasn't meaning that men are scapegoats!! She most definitely knew after awhile what she was getting into.She has gotten a lot of negative stuff said about her she's ugly,she's fat,why did he pick her, and the many jokes on Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno,etc.
As far as I concerned they both deserved getting caught He was OUR PRESIDENT though and he should have known better. I am sure, Monica was far from innocent!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top