U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,172,713 times

Advertisements

There have been rumors of a Cheney resignation (with Rice stepping in) for some time now. Perhaps they will merely remain rumors.
But look what happened to Rummy.
The shadow of Scooter Libby looms over Cheney.
Cheney is, well, I don't have words for Cheney.
From a CNN report:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday dismissed as "hogwash" the suggestion that blunders may have hurt the administration's credibility on Iraq and led members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to question President Bush's plan to send more troops to Baghdad.
In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, conducted a day after Bush delivered his State of the Union address, Cheney was asked to respond to some Republicans in Congress who "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

To that, Cheney answered, "Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:26 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,473,250 times
If you can get Air America in FL, you might enjoy some of the news on our Vice President!

Never heard these rumours, but if some of the allegations ican be proven and not just inferred, Mr. Cheney has lots to account for on many fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
There have been rumors of a Cheney resignation (with Rice stepping in) for some time now. Perhaps they will merely remain rumors.
But look what happened to Rummy.
The shadow of Scooter Libby looms over Cheney.
Cheney is, well, I don't have words for Cheney.
From a CNN report:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday dismissed as "hogwash" the suggestion that blunders may have hurt the administration's credibility on Iraq and led members of Congress on both sides of the aisle to question President Bush's plan to send more troops to Baghdad.
In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, conducted a day after Bush delivered his State of the Union address, Cheney was asked to respond to some Republicans in Congress who "are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures."

To that, Cheney answered, "Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash."

Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,898,924 times
Maybe we'll get lucky and Cheney's heart regulator will burp. That man is pure unadulterated evil and I hope the Lord cuts his time on earth sooner rather than later. Let Halliburton throw him a "Thank You" farewell party for their "ex" CEO who threw tens of billions of unbid contracts at them using public tax money. He's evil. He's the only one of a nasty corrupted bunch whom I truly believe to be genuinely evil, though the others run a close second. The sooner these people are out of power the better for America.

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 01-26-2007, 03:32 PM

743 posts, read 1,152,046 times
So will the democrats in congress start pushing impeachment? I don't think there are enough votes, but republicans knew that with Clinton, and they ended up winning the election in 2000 (the Clinton association probably hurt Gore). Pure political agenda to attack the republicans in 08.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:33 PM

20,314 posts, read 37,815,914 times
Default MoMark...

...you ARE the MAN! Great information, great debate...no anger, no heat, just the facts, the true essence of what we need to see in a DISCUSSION thread, and I'm talking for MYSELF here, not as a moderator.

This whole administration is so flawed, so inept, so arrogant, so corrupt, so kleptocratic, so vulgar, that it defies anything I've ever seen. It reminds me of that line from the old Godfather novel...."one man with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." No kidding, these guys have stolen a good half trillion dollars so far... (via unneeded tax cuts for the wealthy, tax loopholes for jumbo SUVs, giving Exxon $1B for research after they made $26B profit last year, the unneeded doubling of farm subsidies, a 50-cent a gallon subsidy to oil companies for cranking ethanol into their formulations...) and on & on the thievery goes... That thievery has been added to the national debt and will have to be paid off by everyone's kids & grandkids, hamstringing our ability to operate the government in the future.

And he did it all under the cover of the great patriotic war against terrorism... which he has been bungled so badly in Iraq that it will be in all the textbooks as a prime example of "HOW NOT" to do the job.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:38 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,057,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Impeach Bush then we get Cheney, oh what a fine mess we have, the worse president ever and the worse vice president ever. Sadly we have to hang in there for two more years. I personally think he is mentally ill but I am more afraid of Cheney, he can actually sound sane.
Any body wonder what Cheney was doing in Saudi Arabia recently?
Not after this Libby thing goes down. I have a hunch that this rotten trail leads directly to him, and if it does, then it's a smoking-gun impeachable offense. He'll resign before he puts himself through that.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:39 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,473,250 times
Absolutely!

Truly would serve us all well if Cheney's role in the Libby case comes out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Not after this Libby thing goes down. I have a hunch that this rotten trail leads directly to him, and if it does, then it's a smoking-gun impeachable offense. He'll resign before he puts himself through that.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I agree with you on all counts. Both Bush and Cheney have committed offences worthy of impeachment.

But impeaching either or both of them would be disastrous for the country. Let's vote them out of office in '08 then spend the next 8 years investigating them.
I don't agree with giving them more time. Our country can't afford 2 more years of this, and it would send a powerful message to any other clown of their ilk that this nonsense WILL catch up to them.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
It would have been just fine IF he wasn't a MARRIED man and PRESIDENT of OUR COUNTRY. If Clinton had been dealing with some of this we might not be were we are today. Clinton had Bin Laden in his hands and gave him back. Clinton did nothing about the U.S. Cole so, they figured what the hell they are not paying attention. Guess what President Clinton wasn't.
Just seems so easy for President Bush to be blamed for everything.
We didn't just get into this mess on 9/11. Lots was going on and the Democrats just appeased everyone and Bin Laden and others hated Bush Sr. and I believe planned this attack on 9/11 when we VOTED President Bush in.
Further proof that Fox "News" should have its license revoked...

Old 01-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Only until Laura stepped in. She's a Texan girl watch out. GO Laura!!!
Pickles is too spaced out on her pharmaceutical cocktails to step in and whoop anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies