U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:26 PM

985 posts, read 2,557,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I am a liberal, have been all my life and I am not about to change, but I do not see a viable great candidate for the presidency in 08. I am concerned that even if we find one, he/she will get blamed for all the mess that this administration has left, getting out of an unwinnable war, a huge debt, medicaid part d, social security, illegal immigration, legal immigration, just to name a few. How are we going to take care of Iraq after we leave, what a horrible mess we have made that country. As of now the economy seems good, but how long and how are we going to pay China back? Where oh Where is a Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington? This is one time this nation needs to come together and vote the future of our children and grandchildren. If we could only impeach a whole administration.
Your are so wrong about the next president being blamed for anything, it will always be Bushs fault!!! 5 10 15 years from now it will somehow always be Bushs fault!! Everyone is now off the hook! Because it will be Bushs fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 07:43 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,372,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Bush is the decision maker, he was voted in by the largest majority ever by anybody. also this is not a democrocy, its a representative republic, look up the difference. we dont do things by polls.
We're actually in a "representative democratic republic". aka "representative democracy".

i.e., we live in a democracy. I honestly wasn't going to say anything, but, lol.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Your are so wrong about the next president being blamed for anything, it will always be Bushs fault!!! 5 10 15 years from now it will somehow always be Bushs fault!! Everyone is now off the hook! Because it will be Bushs fault.
It's been Clinton's fault for the last how many years? Every president serves at least 4 years in office, and at least twice that as a patsy.

People still blame Nixon for things, lol. That's the way the good ole USA works.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 07:48 PM

919 posts, read 1,674,255 times
so we agree we are represented by a president that was elected by a wide majority of the voters hes such a slickmiester, ooh, wrong guy.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
so we agree we are represented by a president that was elected by a wide majority of the voters hes such a slickmiester, ooh, wrong guy.

WIDE? no. In fact, to use the phrase "majority of voters" would mean that Al Gore should have won in 2000. Remember? He won the popular vote. As for 2004, I barely paid attention. I knew the chimp would win, lol. I didn't need to frustrate myself any more than I already was. I just voted for Mr. Muenster and went home.

-TT

Old 01-26-2007, 09:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,067,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
And we know that Republicans would NEVER blame a former president for things that happened years and years ago...

Old 01-26-2007, 09:23 PM

17,449 posts, read 23,130,743 times
We have to start transitioning off of oil and onto alternative energy ASAP, for a variety of reasons - global warming, peak oil (which will assuredly happen some time in the 2010s or, if we're lucky, in the 2020s), and of course national security. Moving off of oil would deprive quite a few nasty regimes and individuals of the funding they use to do their nasty deeds.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,007,571 times
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during Cheney's energy policy committee meetings... I would have loved to hear what happened during those...

Speaking of which, why doesn't Congress start investigating those meetings? I think it is time that they did. We might even discover why we are in Iraq in the first place.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,330,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
We have to start transitioning off of oil and onto alternative energy ASAP, for a variety of reasons - global warming, peak oil (which will assuredly happen some time in the 2010s or, if we're lucky, in the 2020s), and of course national security. Moving off of oil would deprive quite a few nasty regimes and individuals of the funding they use to do their nasty deeds.

Yet the alternatives, coal and nuclear are unpopular. The USA should limit it's oil consumption to what it produces. Nuclear can provide electrical power and coal can provide gas and liquid fuels, as well as heat. Coal fueled the industrial revolution, and instead of adding to our problems, I say NUKE EM! Nuclear would add thousands of good paying jobs to replace those lost to outsourcing. Who cares about Bush, just eliminate the federal reserve!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM

17,449 posts, read 23,130,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Yet the alternatives, coal and nuclear are unpopular. The USA should limit it's oil consumption to what it produces. Nuclear can provide electrical power and coal can provide gas and liquid fuels, as well as heat. Coal fueled the industrial revolution, and instead of adding to our problems, I say NUKE EM! Nuclear would add thousands of good paying jobs to replace those lost to outsourcing. Who cares about Bush, just eliminate the federal reserve!
There are other alternatives that don't present the same problems, such as biofuel, solar power, wind power, etc. Carter allocated a considerable amount of money into developing these technologies which Reagan cut out of the budget. Just another reason why I think Ronnie's presidency was a disaster for America.

Nuclear power would be undesirable for safety and security reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies