Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 09:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
You're not disliked because you listen to country music and like NASCAR. You're disliked because you get off on being rude to others.

Synopsis: You're a bull-baiter and social moron. The end.

Now that was rude;so you made your own call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Irishtom29,

I feel the same way - how can people vote for a party that only needs them once every 4 years and says what they want to hear, then promptly turns their back on them and actually promotes legislation that hurts them???

Why do people continue to vote for those who hurt them???

HubbleRules
Why did they willingly fight and die in a treasonous war against their country so that rich slaveowners could own slaves?? Because they are STUPID perhaps?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:42 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
What I have never understood it's why a lot of people indentify country music with conservative values. Quite ironical when 3 of the most important country singers of the second half of the 20th century, namely Cash, Nelson and Kristofferson, were far away from right-wing positions.
Excellent point.

Listen to Charlie Daniels--------he ain't 'nice' with some topics.

The song 'Legend of Wooley Swamp' uses the term 'White Trash' to make a harsh point.

In a way: Daniels reminds me of an Old School rapper in how he tackles controversial subjects.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Country music originated in the United States. That doesn't make the music good or bad, but it does make Country music uniquely American. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to music. Those preferences are typically formed by where one lived when they were growing up, and when. The older generation typically does not like the music created by the younger generation, and visa versa. As a result we get an ever evolving musical style. Whether we like the style or not, the true measure of good music is its longevity.
Hell; I believe it was George Jones who stated that the only major difference between the old Black Mississippi River delta blues and early C & W was that one used horns whereas the other used stringed intruments----------the basic music was the same.

I was listening to some 1940's C & W and did not even realize what it was----------it sounded so much like the blues I was shocked.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Dang,
I love the beach boys, Cindy Looper, and Suzi Quatro.
I cant stand county music and NASCAR is to loud.

I hint, fish, shoot, CCW, work on ole cars open the doors for ole women.
Enjoy watching kids play and laugh and cheer every time this country executes a murder.

I call my MOM on Sundays and go visit her on Saturdays, I salute the American FLAG and bow my head in prayer at all meetings.

I cry each time I hear an American SOLIDER has been killed over seas and I haven missed a vote since 1970.

I pay my taxes and ***** each time I do.

I don't like OPRAH and cant stand JUDGE JUDY.

I get up and go to work each morning because that is what a man is expected to do.

I support LAW ENFORCEMENT but do admit I think it is getting out of hand.

I answered the call to duty and spent a year in the rice paddies getting shot at by little brown fellas..................

But I cant stand COUNTRY MUSIC>>>>>>>>>>>>>
and I dont like RAP or HIP HOP much either

What does that make me?????????????????????:eek:
A true American

Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Real America is a place where people own guns...if they so wish. Real America is a place where they decorate the Town Square at Christmas, as long as it not at taxpayer’s expense. Real America is a place where people go to church on Sundays...if they choose to, however real America is also a place where the choice to not attend church is respected, and a place where that choice does not make them any less of a "real American".

Real America is also a place where people are free to "marry" a spouse of the same gender with the same rights and responsibilities of people who choose to marry a spouse of the opposite gender.

Real America is a place where all citizens enjoy the same rights and responsibilities regardless of sexual orientation, skin color, political or religious affiliation.

Conservatives would hate it there…
Well put there. You do not come across as a flaming 'liberal' either.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:54 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well put there. You do not come across as a flaming 'liberal' either.
Thank you!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:57 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
I don't like country music or NASCAR but I am in no way liberal. I have many friends that are the same way, conservative yet not into those two interests.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:27 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
BilleeBob- my family has been in the United States since before it was a country. We go to synagogue on Friday nights and Saturdays, say Happy Chanukkah or Happy Holidays (since there IS more than one holiday), and rally to have a menorah put in the town center for the 8 days of Chanukkah.

I guess we're not real Americans? We must all be liberal miscreants?

Sure am glad that I'm staying out of "real America". It's a jungle out there!
Do you know that most of the pro-Palestine protestors, the ones who accuse Ariel Sharon of being a "terrorist" are liberals and leftist? Are you aware that evangelical Christians are among Israel's greatest supporters in the US?

Old 08-10-2008, 08:29 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Charlastra, and I am asking this as a conservative who favors Israel over the Islamic countries....do you vote with America's or Israel's interests in mind first? When America plays Israel in the Olympics, who do you cheer for? Its the same question I would pose to Mexicans living here about Mexico.
Really, who cares? You can still cheer for both teams, why make it so separatist???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies