Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
You're second question I answered.

And the answer is yes to the first.. no different than school tax. SS (although I know you dont' pay it.. you're special right).. etc.. AND they have exactly what they need or if they want they can go and spend more of their own money for private insurance!
So - you are taking the freedom of choice away from people - gotcha

Would you cap doctors incomes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 12:27 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
actually, the numbers don't increase, they just get louder, and more annoying. it's not living in denial, it's living in reality. people who think there is massive public outrage over this issue, are people who surround themselves with like minded people and attend rallies and such. the reality is, everywhere else, life goes on and people don't care. I have no health insurance at the moment, and really don't care and don't want anyone to provide me with health insurance. I provide MYSELF with my own needs, and spineless and shameless people depend on others.

Quote:
Tell that to the growing number year over year of people underinsured, uninsured and who come face to face with the ills of the insurance system in the U.S. It gets worse every year and the call gets even louder each time.. .It may not be loud enought now.. but give it time and it will be!

Live in denial all you want to!

Old 08-09-2008, 12:34 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Greatday, Yesterday i started a thread about should children be taght to hunt. You threw a "hissy fit" and was going to report me to the moderator and ask for the thread to be closed down.
"Geeoro, it is quite clear you started this thread as a means to personally attack another poster because you disagreed with them. Disagreements are fine - they are actually normal. But, you have gone far beyond that.

Just an FYI: I'm going to PM the Moderators and ask them to not only close this thread but to also remove it -"

Please refrain from calling me a liar as that is a personal attack and against the rules of this blog. You are obviously trying to provoke me on here and to be honest the best for all is for me to ignore you and your accusations and your provocations.

Last edited by geeoro; 08-09-2008 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
We already have universal healthcare and it's an utter failure. let's stop subsidizing big pharma and big doctor/hospital establishment via the tax payer paying for those without heath insurance. Big pharma/medical care establishment knows that the tax payer is ultimately on the hook for the outrageous prices they charge for medical care. since there is no destruction of demand for medical care when costs go through the roof (because ultimately the burden falls on the tax payer), there is no incentive to drive down prices. we need to liberalize health care. we need to empower the individual over the state, corporations, and their cronies in power. It's time to return the power to the people this nation was built by. It's time we get pissed off at the great theft of the middle class being carried out by democrats and republicans.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 08-09-2008 at 01:18 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 12:59 PM

418 posts, read 564,337 times
Quote:
Tell that to the growing number year over year of people underinsured, uninsured and who come face to face with the ills of the insurance system in the U.S. It gets worse every year and the call gets even louder each time.. .It may not be loud enought now.. but give it time and it will be!

Live in denial all you want to!
Damn right it will be... HI price is going up much faster than inflation, and more and more companies are dropping HI for their employees.

In fact, more and more of income is being devoted to HI, and it will only get worse. What this means that living standard is dropping, and people are more and more insecure.

Costs have totally spiralled out of control.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:07 PM

Absolutely! Cannot understand why people are happy gilding the lilly of the big companies to obtain Health Care. It can't be for economic reasons as a UHI would be far cheaper than any Private Health insurance. No one minds paying house tax or any other tax but as soon as you say that a small tax will get EVERYONE healthcare they blow a fuse. Drugs would be cheaper and free to any Chronic Illness sufferer, Children and Senior Citizens.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:12 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
no one minds paying property taxes? you know that's funny, I don't recall you asking me that question, because I have started threads on my problem with property taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Absolutely! Cannot understand why people are happy gilding the lilly of the big companies to obtain Health Care. It can't be for economic reasons as a UHI would be far cheaper than any Private Health insurance. No one minds paying house tax or any other tax but as soon as you say that a small tax will get EVERYONE healthcare they blow a fuse. Drugs would be cheaper and free to any Chronic Illness sufferer, Children and Senior Citizens.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
The problem with americans first is that they cannot live without conflict. Its a huge problem here compared to anywhere in the world. If we lived in a freedom loving country we should act like it. Stop the wars overseas and start focusing on whats important and thats a good education and healthcare to all the people in this country. But we won't, because with UH comes responsibility and that is something people here cannot handle.
Dream on. The fear mongers tell us we must be the world's policeman because if we withdraw from the task, then radical extremist Islamic terrorists will do it for us.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:22 PM

That's cool. What do you propose.. a NO tax system. Maybe everyone should go back to the "good ol days" of swapping a hen for timber. The self sufficiant days of old. Maybe taxes are there for a reason. I agree that many times the taxes do not go where they should do and there is much corruption in Govt. The problem is that there is more corruption in the private sector. How do you get a happy medium.?

Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm afraid, stillwater that America is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies